What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spud Carroll calls for Hunt to be dropped.

Old Timer

Coach
Agree to disagree....He went O.k with widdop . Give him a decent coach and make him running halve...I'd play Clune 7, hunt 6....

Anyway won't make a difference until you know who is gone.
Trouble is Norman is no Widdop and Widdop ain't here and Hunt is now shifted to 5/8 because he can't play 7.

hazzbeen

Bench
Did I hear Norman to fullback , if true Mary is really making himself look really really stupid .... The whole off season he trains Lomax at fullback , then punts him after one game because they lost the game , he had to blame someone ...... Anyway I hear the drums Fernando they are getting louder he is gone .....

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Not quite right IMO

Walters & Meninga see him as a hooker not a half so he's a different horse at a different course.

In that role he just jogs from play to play with an occasional sprint out of dummy half which unfortunately is what he does for us as a 7 when what we need is a speedster who takes the line on, carves teams up and has the opposition in 2 minds whenever he has the ball but that ain't Hunt.

Hunt is a long way off being a high quality rep no 7 which is what we supposedly bought.

Fair to say he was a capable half who is now totally incapable.
And to be honest Qld has better 9 options also. Reed Mahoney imo would be a better pick for the maroons for a start.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I'd say Clune is the one to lead the team around; Hunt just does not have it in him! To me Hunt is more suited to a running five-eighth style position and this could make a big difference if was partnered with Clune in the halves.

I would also like to see Norman move on to another Cub. He has demonstrated very little enthusiasm to perform to his salary grade at SGI and so, I don't see him perform well in another position, except for maybe centre.

SGI would benefit greatly with the spare salary cap on offer if another Club just picked up the remainder of time left on Norman's contract.
No one is picking up Norman though, I’d rather nearly any 6 in the game. I can’t think of a 5/8 off the top of my head I’d choose Norman over. Good thing is if Clune fires and Hunt finds a new lease of life at 6 then Norman could find himself out of the team very fast.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Not quite right IMO

Walters & Meninga see him as a hooker not a half so he's a different horse at a different course.

In that role he just jogs from play to play with an occasional sprint out of dummy half which unfortunately is what he does for us as a 7 when what we need is a speedster who takes the line on, carves teams up and has the opposition in 2 minds whenever he has the ball but that ain't Hunt.

Hunt is a long way off being a high quality rep no 7 which is what we supposedly bought.

Fair to say he was a capable half who is now totally incapable.

Correct- Mary can be blamed for for many of the team's failings but I doubt he can be blamed for Hunt's inability (or Norman's inability for that matter as well) to kick accurately and land a bomb so that the chasing players have a chance to compete for it in the air- also, a collective groan went up in our family living room last Saturday when he - yet again- kicked the ball into the opposition on the 5th tackle.

However, along with Pereira, he was our most dangerous back so I'm hoping Adam Clune's terrific passing game with give him opportunities to break the line at 5/8.

Bench
Our club should put Norman on notice that he will be shopped around next season. That way we might get rid of him, waste of money and is holding back one of our juniors