What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

LINESPEED

Juniors

So Moses Suli has made a judgment call like Tyson’s
- namely that the Dragons are fuc/ked while ever McFail remains.

Andrew, the point is that you can never rebuild your Plaything with your mate in residence & destroying the Club.

No one will come to your Club, despite the money.

Do you get that? Really get that?

NO decent player
will suffer the Waterboy’s gross stupidity
...with the crazed one in control you’ll never lift the Club beyond Spoon contention

You won’t even be able to spend the Cap.

And thanks Hoops, for seeing the fuc/king obvious:

“What it all adds up to is a coach whose head is squarely on the chopping block after a lame loss to the Warriors and seven seasons of erratic results.

Just as condemning is the way no Dragons players inside the Central Coast dressing rooms last Saturday chose to speak up after being soundly squared-up by the Warriors.

Coach McGregor threw it open to the floor and not one player chose to address the team. Crickets.”

Andrew he mightn’t’ve lost you, but he’s lost The Shed, the fans & his marbles

There can be NO future with him.

matPORTS

Juniors
Have just watched NRL 360, where they led with the Dragons discussing the team list and even had a discussion with James Graham right off the bat.

Paul Kent just keeps opening a pandoras box of excuses that Mary & the Illawarra Mafia can keep using to justify their existence. He and Ben Ikin seemingly have differing opinions on where the problem lies.

Paul Crawley was also on tonight, and while he had some interesting things to say about the current make up of our squad, he more or less had to step in and tell Kent & Ikin not to lose focus on where the problem truly is. Crawley is surely in a good position to make comment on the situation, given his brother was another victim of the revolving door of assistants and backroom staff (he only lasted half the season last year as well if memory serves me correct).

BLM01

First Grade
Try that.
Can’t believe I’m saying this but would actually take price back to rid us of Mary.
That’s how low my expectations currently are.
No sorry EHD..dont want Price back near the joint...there has got to be someone else outisde of the current boys club and Price or Hornby.
Actually there is plenty.
Time for another global search like they did before re appointing Mary

denis preston

First Grade
I would not be patting Hooper on the back too much. He was in Mary's corner on the excuse band wagon all of last year

Yes , but how ironical that 90% of reporters who ate up his excuses are now wised up. This has come about by them putting the microscope under him and truly analyzing his work. Hooper would never had noticed his irregular team selections last year. He how acknowledges the past 6 years has been bad , no way he would have last year. Same goes for Webster , he really put the knife in on Mondays ch9 footy talk. He was sucked in to the excuses last year as well.

The only good thing is i'm looking at the club not issuing a statement as a good sign. The decision has been made already but if thats true why not flick him now ? You would think WIN paying out the impostor would be petty cash for them, wasn't that the good news when they took 50% of our club : they would bring the luxury of a multi national company finances to us ? ( but turned out Andrew wanted a new toy )

Looking at history - Dean Pay will still be the first to be shown the door over Mary, even if his team jags a couple of wins in the next few weeks.

Him and his buddies stabbed Desmond prematurely... so Desmond had to sue the club and Dessie won.

Pay inherited a squad of numnuts and if anything, I think they over-achieved last year.

He probably would have got sgi into the top 4 though. Then again, so would any other NRL coach except the chosen one ( explaining why he was re-signed).

Pay chose the wrong time to knife a sitting coach. He was always going to be flogged. So karma.

But losing the two predators made it harder and Foran is next to useless these days.

Realistically, neither the tigers or sgi would risk him off the bench.

The dogs are yet to take any responsibility for their players conduct. They blamed the players and slunk away.

I’d give pay another year myself. Maybe the sgi bod can sort it out for him.

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
sulim-1gp_6009.jpg

SIGNINGS

Suli staying at Manly for less in Red V blow
Author
Dan Walsh NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Tue 2 Jun 2020, 04:39 PM
walshdan-head.png

Rising Manly star Moses Suli is poised to recommit to the maroon and white, knocking back a lucrative Dragons offer worth around $2 million in another blow to the joint-venture's recruitment plans.

NRL.com understands Suli has told Manly he will remain at the club until the end of 2022 on an upgraded two-year extension, worth roughly $550,000 a season.

Neither the Dragons or Sea Eagles have made official comment on Suli's future, but it is understood the Manly deal is in the process of being finalised.

His re-commitment represents a serious financial sacrifice in the short-term, with the Sea Eagles' deal worth around $125,000 less a season than the Dragons three-year offer.

St George Illawarra pursued Suli hard before the COVID-19 shutdown with a deal that would have made him one of the highest-paid centres in the NRL.

But as reported by NRL.com earlier on Tuesday, mounting dramas around the Dragons and uncertainty over Paul McGregor's future played a significant part in Suli's decision.

With Suli beginning to show signs of fulfilling his lofty potential, the 21-year-old knocked back an initial four-year Manly extension, backing himself to stay at the club on a shorter contract and cash in on his next deal in two years time.

Suli has thrived under Des Hasler's coaching after being offered an NRL lifeline by predecessor Trent Barrett, who signed him on a cut-price train-and-trial contract in 2018.

Hasler has helped keep Suli's playing weight on track and as a result he bagged six tries from 22 impressive games last year.

Having already bounced through Wests Tigers and Canterbury, the security of Hasler's tutelage and bond with several Manly teammates loomed large in the Sea Eagles retention bid.

At the same time the Dragons' ongoing dramas haven't helped their cause.

Mounting pressure on McGregor and Saturday's listless loss to the Warriors, the club's 13th from their past 15 games, make for a difficult recruitment sell.

The Dragons have centres Euan Aitken and Tim Lafai both coming off-contract in 2020 and unlikely to be retained with neither able to crack a starting spot.

A strike outside back has been high on the Dragons wish list for some time, with Suli and Storm flyer Josh Addo-Carr among the club's targets.

Tyson Frizell's move to Newcastle next season also has the Red V hunting a back-row replacement after the NSW Origin and Test star said a team's premiership chances would dictate where he plays beyond 2020.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/06/02/suli-considers-staying-at-manly-for-less-in-red-v-blow/

So Moses Suli has made a judgment call like Tyson’s
- namely that the Dragons are fuc/ked while ever McFail remains.

Andrew, the point is that you can never rebuild your Plaything with your mate in residence & destroying the Club.

No one will come to your Club, despite the money.

Do you get that? Really get that?

NO decent player
will suffer the Waterboy’s gross stupidity
...with the crazed one in control you’ll never lift the Club beyond Spoon contention

You won’t even be able to spend the Cap.

And thanks Hoops, for seeing the fuc/king obvious:

“What it all adds up to is a coach whose head is squarely on the chopping block after a lame loss to the Warriors and seven seasons of erratic results.

Just as condemning is the way no Dragons players inside the Central Coast dressing rooms last Saturday chose to speak up after being soundly squared-up by the Warriors.

Coach McGregor threw it open to the floor and not one player chose to address the team. Crickets.”

Andrew he mightn’t’ve lost you, but he’s lost The Shed, the fans & his marbles

There can be NO future with him.

Amazing,

Suli’s throwing away whopping 80% a season to ensure that he does not have to play footy under Mary.

You have to respect that as a decision, but it doesn’t do much for the value of your stock standard factory fitted sgi player.

But it gives us a formative idea of the “ overs” situation the club is currently in.

Not something we have spent a lot of time examining in the past as it seemed obvious, but this is outrageous.

On an average, this indicator of the market, effectively slashes your salary cap by 80% as that’s your overs premium.

So the future under Mary is having only 20% of the funds that an average side would have to buy talent in that salary cap year.

So even with astute purchasing, by the law of averages, given attrition, the absolute best position you will find yourself on the table with an 80% handicap is 13th. Actually, even that could be an over achievement. As I write, some of you blokes are probably warming up to coming 13th, being a sad and tragic indictment on the Mary led club. Mary would be thrilled by the “ improvement” as he would argue. A million bucks worth...

Taking into account emotional factors, just choosing to play for Manly over SGI is wrong in anyone’s book.

The visit to Brookvale is one where you have to use all of your guile and patience not to belt one of their foul mouthed dickhead fans in the head with a piece of their own fencing.

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
Amazing,

Suli’s throwing away whopping 80% a season to ensure that he does not have to play footy under Mary.

You have to respect that as a decision, but it doesn’t do much for the value of your stock standard factory fitted sgi player.

But it gives us a formative idea of the “ overs” situation the club is currently in.

Not something we have spent a lot of time examining in the past as it seemed obvious, but this is outrageous.

On an average, this indicator of the market, effectively slashes your salary cap by 80% as that’s your overs premium.

So the future under Mary is having only 20% of the funds that an average side would have to buy talent in that salary cap year.

So even with astute purchasing, by the law of averages, given attrition, the absolute best position you will find yourself on the table with an 80% handicap is 13th. Actually, even that could be an over achievement.

Taking into account emotional factors, just choosing to play for Manly over SGI is wrong in anyone’s book.

The visit to Brookvale is one where you have to use all of your guild and patience not to belt one of their trash mouthed fans in the head with a piece of their fencing.

Club cannot jag anyone lately...

Club cannot jag anyone lately...

If Suli loves Manly as much as that, he’s bad in the head and you don’t want him.

Once Mary goes, they’ll be banging down the door of the taj soon enough. You won’t be able to hold them back.

The players will enjoy their footy again. Word gets around it’s a good club to play at. I remember coops and gasnier in their prime. Amazing players, happy and upbeat too. Things were smart and fresh in those days. The team was very skilful and rough at once. In Deans time, his kicking game was strange and alien. Captivating. It was against the laws of footballing nature!

Our ex sgi lulu said the pressure last year was horrific. I think he’s scarred by it. He’s being eased into the club carefully, we even have his brother over to help him recover from Mary fication (rugby league ptsd)

Last edited:

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Just read Andrew Webster's article in the SMH stating the Dragons don't have the money to pay out Mary. If this is the absolute truth, the Board should start a Go Fund Me, "Sack Mary" page. There would be no shortage of supporters willing to dig into their own pockets for $100 in the hope of ending the misery inflicted on them since mid-2014. An era of bizarre selections which favour players in the twilight of their careers ahead of exciting young players, abysmal bench selection and management, limited game plans and embarrassing press conferences which heap pathetic excuses one on top of another.

Just read Andrew Webster's article in the SMH stating the Dragons don't have the money to pay out Mary. If this is the absolute truth, the Board should start a Go Fund Me, "Sack Mary" page. There would be no shortage of supporters willing to dig into their own pockets for $100 in the hope of ending the misery inflicted on them since mid-2014. An era of bizarre selections which favour players in the twilight of their careers ahead of exciting young players, abysmal bench selection and management, limited game plans and embarrassing press conferences which heap pathetic excuses one on top of another.

Andrew Webster and the books lol.

I am pretty sure the Gordon’s are wealthy enough to pay him out 100s of times over and not even realise the moneys missing from their bank account.

Call it penance for their crap decision to hire bj and smoke weed while the club burns into the ground faster than a police station in the USA.

But my bet is that Bruce taught Andrew not to do such things for if he dares, he will miss out on his Bahama sunsets, pretty nurses and F Troop reruns when he retires.

The general feeling amongst the sgi rank and file is that the media are late to the party, drunk and restless, noisy and incoherent but you let them in so as not to disturb the neighbours...

..and to SACK MCGREGOR.

Get a lager from the bathtub and set the scribes down in the kitchen, away from any womenfolk. Especially buzz, although anyone who detests Fifita deserves an extra slice of cold pizza when he wakes up at 2pm.

Last edited:

Qapm

Juniors
Just read Andrew Webster's article in the SMH stating the Dragons don't have the money to pay out Mary. If this is the absolute truth, the Board should start a Go Fund Me, "Sack Mary" page.

That means Go Dogs on Monday.

Not a cent out of my pocket. WIN, the clubs, the board, they made this mess, they pay to fix it or face the consequences. I'm on a full boycott of any Dragons membership, merchandise, etc. I only got an nrl.com subscription this year because of the lockdown, not to follow this disaster.

In fact, only Gofundme I'll pay out for is a shipping container that before the Dogs game Monday, Sack Mary operatives stuff Mary in and ship off to Sibera. By the time the prick gets back the Dragons should get a few wins in .

Last edited:
No sorry EHD..dont want Price back near the joint...there has got to be someone else outisde of the current boys club and Price or Hornby.
Actually there is plenty.
Time for another global search like they did before re appointing Mary

Correct mate. I wouldn’t take him back.
Was just pointing out just how bad Mary has been past seven seasons as on a report card they both score no higher than a C-