What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R4 Sat - Eels 19-16 Sea Eagles @ Bankwest

Round 4: Eels v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eelementary

Post Whore
Parra, scum from the top to their bottom feeding fans.

Don't let him bother you, mate - you've won more Premierships than we have in the last 20 years...one game is insignificant.

And I believe you guys have yet to win a spoon - meanwhile, we've won 11 of the f**king things...

Bazal

Post Whore
Don't let him bother you, mate - you've won more Premierships than we have in the last 20 years...one game is insignificant.

And I believe you guys have yet to win a spoon - meanwhile, we've won 11 of the f**king things...

Meh. Tbh T-Boon and firechild are about the same level from memory.

f**k Manly. And I say that in the interests of healthy rivalry knowing their fans feel the same, but I remember them stooging us heaps over the years. I thought the ball was forward, but I realise plenty like that are let go and the game tends to even it out. If it turns out we benefited from a lucky call, I'd say go back through the years and see Manly benefit from plenty themselves in games against us, tbh.

End of the day the actual result in round four doesn't mean shit. Both sides showed they could possibly step in if the Roosters or Raiders (favourites right now IMO) fail. We still have to prove we can beat Melbourne, though.

While acknowledging our flakiness I'm still quietly hoping for a classic retro grand final...

jack coburn

Juniors
Can I get my money please

Attachments

• 80196DC6-CC49-47FC-9AFB-D7397C766A32.png
    80196DC6-CC49-47FC-9AFB-D7397C766A32.png
    213 KB · Views: 16
  • FE465EB5-783F-4DD8-8214-40B5FFCE9874.png
    FE465EB5-783F-4DD8-8214-40B5FFCE9874.png
    213 KB · Views: 12

This Year?

Immortal
What a game! Sadly the main talking point will be that pass rather than that spirited comeback from Manly and some great footy from Parra.
I love seeing so much pashun over that call ( I thought the pass was fine as it was backwards out of the hands).
I know it's a shit way to lose, but it will strengthen Manly's resolve. Parra will breathe a sigh of relief and thank the rugby league gods for these 2 competition points. Another notch on the belt of this great rivalry.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So now the dumb merkin Annesley has come out and said they got the call wrong. Why can't you use the captains challenge in this situation?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...rq-xo5C5GrG6ZVGjhVRiZo-BkCrIK4HhGsfT1EtZudejM
How can Annesley rule on it when the video ref can't?

I thought the pass was ok at the time but I'm used to referees ignoring forward passes, including the half dozen they allowed during this very game. If they're going to let all those go why not also ignore the one that leads to the better team losing in the last minute of play?

The replay showed the ball was caught a metre in front of the passer. Was his forward momentum enough to give a laterally passed ball that much float? Unfortunately I'm no physicist, just like Graham Annesley.

Anyway f**k Manly.

natheel

Coach
That's not what constitutes a forward pass m8
Benefit of the video after the fact. In the moment you can understand fast paced game he’s sees the ball thrown and caught in front. Calls forward. Can’t blame him for not being able to analyse how it comes out of the hands. What needs to change is the ruling of not being able to call on forward passes in a try scoring situation. Also the rule gives a grey area. Should just be black and white if it looks forward no matter how it comes out of the hands then it’s forward. That would eliminate calls being missed.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How can Annesley rule on it when the video ref can't?

I thought the pass was ok at the time but I'm used to referees ignoring forward passes, including the half dozen they allowed during this very game. If they're going to let all those go why not also ignore the one that leads to the better team losing in the last minute of play?

The replay showed the ball was caught a metre in front of the passer. Was his forward momentum enough to give a laterally passed ball that much float? Unfortunately I'm no physicist, just like Graham Annesley.

Anyway f**k Manly.
I agree with this. Especially the f**k Manly part.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What a game! Sadly the main talking point will be that pass rather than that spirited comeback from Manly and some great footy from Parra.
I love seeing so much pashun over that call ( I thought the pass was fine as it was backwards out of the hands).
I know it's a shit way to lose, but it will strengthen Manly's resolve. Parra will breathe a sigh of relief and thank the rugby league gods for these 2 competition points. Another notch on the belt of this great rivalry.
Yep it was a cracking game, probably the best since the resumption. All we will hear now from dead shits like Buzz and co is that pass. Didn’t take them long to revert to type.

Ring Gids

Juniors
Looked like Dylan Brown heard the forward pass call as he wasn’t rushing to stop the try in the end. So he could also have made a difference as to whether Manly got the ball down if it was play on.

Knight Dragon

Juniors
Why can’t the foolish officials get these simple howlers right? I don’t understand how we have multiple incorrect decisions every week. Ultimately these ridiculous decisions affect the outcome of a sides season.

Rant over.

jk13

First Grade
The important thing is manly was f**ked, f**k u manly and f**k you’re eyes

Latest posts