What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
This one is chalked up to Berejiklian - same applies to any other sport with a sub 40,000 venue (e.g. GWS)
Vlandys said weeks ago he wanted crowds back on July 1st. Bandana boy and others called it ridiculous. Today its announced limited crowds are allowed back on the exact date Vlandys wanted.

Was just another example of him setting what some people see as overly ambitious targets and then hitting them.

Valheru

Coach
Vlandys said weeks ago he wanted crowds back on July 1st. Bandana boy and others called it ridiculous. Today its announced limited crowds are allowed back on the exact date Vlandys wanted.

Was just another example of him setting what some people see as overly ambitious targets and then hitting them.

It's NSW specific and applies to all sports.

At this stage the storm for example won't have a crowd against the chooks on July 2

Valheru

Coach
I think they’ve handled it brilliantly. No f**king around just straight up postponed it, they’ve not given bandana boy or any other anti league media ammunition.
I understand roosters fans have a reason to not want it pushed back a day but you can’t please everyone.

Yeah no complaints.

Just saying in hindsight if this happens again on a Saturday or Sunday morning with the earlier game effected then simply swapping them in the first instance may be tenable.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yeah no complaints.

Just saying in hindsight if this happens again on a Saturday or Sunday morning with the earlier game effected then simply swapping them in the first instance may be tenable.
Waiting around all day to find out whether you're playing on that day doesn't seem ideal prep IMO. Best decision was made.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
This I dont quite understand. The Swans used the SCG today?
The discussion is about crowds at venues in Stage 3, which in NSW is from July 1. The Swans using the SCG yesterday isn't particularly relevant.

As I understand, most governments are still working through capacity arrangements for larger venues (40k+) and we'll likely have an answer by July.

Knight76

Juniors
Not hard to work out, 25% capacity for venues up to 40k. 10k limit for venues with larger capacities.

Not rocket science.

Valheru

Coach
Not hard to work out, 25% capacity for venues up to 40k. 10k limit for venues with larger capacities.

Not rocket science.

Why not 25% regardless of size. What's the difference?

Is it the number of people in the precinct that is the issue?

Jamberoo

Juniors

Getting them in an out without too much crowding at gates or public transport. The stadiums just need a decent plan for that and they should be allowed close to 25%. Andrews not keen here for crowds. Storm may have to wait a bit longer than other clubs.

siv

First Grade

Bit weird isnt it

25% of 45k at the SCG will basically be SCG members

25% of 80k at ANZ would be 20k but the cost of openning the upper decks may mean only lower bowl and L4 are open ie 25% of 40k

Suncorp its 25% of 50k

In any case thats a crowd of 10k

Only ANZ could push that up to 20k but I doubt many would want to up on L6

Bit weird isnt it

25% of 45k at the SCG will basically be SCG members

25% of 80k at ANZ would be 20k but the cost of openning the upper decks may mean only lower bowl and L4 are open ie 25% of 40k

Suncorp its 25% of 50k

In any case thats a crowd of 10k

Only ANZ could push that up to 20k but I doubt many would want to up on L6

I guess social distancing is easy in the stands but what about the bars, kiosks and toilets? Maybe that’s where the issue lies.