What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
He Never Died .
2015 low budget fantasy/horror with some comedy .
Starring Henry Rollins ...he was born for this role . Deadpan face ..monotone speaking etc .
He is an immortal who is jaded with immortality ...spends his days sleeping with the occasional walk or plays bingo .
He tries to live life in the background...inconspicuous ..yet trouble finds him .
Lol
& when you awaken the beast then shit hits te fan .
Very enjoyable
8/10
I got this off a list of movies everyone missed list awhile ago and thought it was excellent. When he rattles off all his careers i laughed because all i could think of is the simpsons episode where home is sitting on the bed doing the same thing and just keeps going

Zombie Land - Double Tap

Watched it last night and it was good. 3.5 spuds.

I haven’t seen the first episode but I will now if it comes up.

Woody Harrelson is always good. Fun zombie apocalypse hi-jinx.

soc123_au

Staff member
Once upon a time in London

Could have been great given the subject matter, unfortunately it's a yawn fest. Roland Manookian as Frankie Fraser breaks the monotony a bit.

Once Upon a Time.. In Hollywood - Second time I’ve seen it and as much as I like it, there’s a few annoying issues. For me the best aspect of it, is how Tarantino made Los Angeles one of the characters, and a lead at that. I’m fascinated by places and cultures and while L.A isn’t that interesting, he makes it much more so, with the way he uses famous restaurants and shows/invents many ads, etc. All these little things give a great feel to the whole thing. Now to a couple of annoyances I have with it. It drags quite a bit in the middle and while the ending is amazing, the constant narration is annoying. All in all a great movie though.

Ive been late to the party here, only watched this today.

While I knew it was “loosely” based around Sharon Tate/Manson Family before i hit play, I didn’t really know much more than the basics of her murder (in real life of course). I tend to like movies more when I don’t know too much about them before watching..

While I liked the movie ok enough, I didn’t really understand a lot of the context of many scenes (eg Spahn Ranch). So as I tend to do after watching a movie based on real events, I followed up afterwards to understand more about the history behind it.

After my research, I now see the movie in a whole new light. All the dots are joined, and reflecting, I now re-evaluated it from a good film to a great one. Def to be watched again.

My recommendation is definitely do a bit of research on the Manson family (if you don’t know much about them like I did) before seeing it. It doesn’t give away the plot, more puts everything in a greater perspective.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Tolkien. Bio-pic about JRR Tolkien. I had no prior knowledge about this mans life so it was interesting to see the story and bits about his influences to create The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings.