What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unpopular Opinion

Matua

Bench
Always the home town favourite was Manu. The original rocks and diamonds. And speed to burn for a big guy
TBH, when they started doing the best of NRL lists and I did some reading of Manu's career stats, and I'm now firmly in the mostly diamonds camp. The dude out scored pretty much all his contemporaries playing for the Warriors. Imagine what his try scoring record would have been at an actual good club???

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Are we sure Manu was faster than Ken? Genuine question as I think I have only seen Ken make 1 long break and his top end speed seemed pretty quick, but just like Manu, not fast off the mark...takes awhile to get going.

Top end speed 100% Manu's faster.

I think that long range break you're thinking of is against the Dogs who at the time were the slowest team in the comp, a mantle we now hold.

Manu would run down people in defence and pull away on attack, Uate probably still has nightmares about him.

Never seen Ken fly down the sideline the way Manu did.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Suppose it all went downhill with Manu a couple years back. Red bull and sleeping pills if I remember rightly. The stupid six

TheDMC

Bench
Top end speed 100% Manu's faster.

I think that long range break you're thinking of is against the Dogs who at the time were the slowest team in the comp, a mantle we now hold.

Manu would run down people in defence and pull away on attack, Uate probably still has nightmares about him.

Never seen Ken fly down the sideline the way Manu did.
True, he did run down some fast dudes in his time

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Tigers
Manly
Penrith
Dogs
Knights
Parra
Sharks
Raiders
Manly

3 wins out of the 8 currently. It aint over until the barman calls last drinks.

I hope the team is thinking this way...

LeagueNut

First Grade
f**k it, let's figure this out.

Warriors run home: Panthers, Bulldogs, Knights, Eels, Sharks, Raiders, Sea Eagles.

You'd have to think at least the Panthers, Eels & Raiders would be strong favourites against us, so let's go with an optimistic 4 wins from our last 7 games.

Running that through the ladder predictor sees us finishing equal with the Sharks and Sea Eagles on 18 points in a 3-way tie for 8th spot.

It could all come down to for-and-against... :(

SmashEmBro

Juniors
I mean, this year has been the year from hell for us.
I've thought that as long as we don't get the spoon it will be an okay year and something to build on for next year.

It's actually crazy to think that despite losing all of our props at the start of the year, having to relocate to Australia, the SK drama and new coach, and 4 players returning home, that there are STILL 5 teams worse off than us currently.

To sneak in to the 8 would have to go down as one of the all time underdog stories.
I think that Titans game is gunna come back to haunt us tho, shoulda put that one to bed

Campion

Juniors
I would add with th 5 teams still worse than us, that this has been the easiest year for picking games for quite some time. i'm scoring 6-7 every week (usually 4-5 in previous seasons)

Meth

Staff member
I mean, this year has been the year from hell for us.
I've thought that as long as we don't get the spoon it will be an okay year and something to build on for next year.

It's actually crazy to think that despite losing all of our props at the start of the year, having to relocate to Australia, the SK drama and new coach, and 4 players returning home, that there are STILL 5 teams worse off than us currently.

To sneak in to the 8 would have to go down as one of the all time underdog stories.
I think that Titans game is gunna come back to haunt us tho, shoulda put that one to bed

Yeah, I'm generally ok to give the players a pass this year. If they can get into the finals, or even close to it, I'd be highly complimentary, and I'm sure most would.

waipiro

Juniors
This weekend was the first time we went back-to-back since May '19.

Now, THAT'S a work-on.

And good that Brown has already highlighted the need to play finals football year on year as the stepping stone to grand final success