What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unpopular Opinion

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
So, I guess we kind of agree?
I'm talking about when we're fully fit next year.
So far we have BMM and Rudolph (will he or won't he?) on the cards, and with Roache fully fit thats essentially a new hooker as hes played f all for us.
I'm happy with a Hiku and Herbert centre pairing, they're not perfect but theyre a solid combo
Us fully fit next year is still a bottom 8 side as it stands I reckon. We'd need more than 2 signings to fix that.

But hey thats the beauty of this thread its all about opinions and its all subjective so play on bro

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I don’t think our backline is too bad at all, at least at full strength.

RTS: elite, no more needs to be said
Fus: great finisher, makes plenty of metres. Doesn’t have express pace but not slow.
Ken: absolute monster out of our own end, capable finisher. Does lack pace
Hiku: I’d actually rate him one of the more creative attacking centres in the game right now.
Herbert: solid, plays nice and direct. Early days still in his career
Beale: a solid journeyman, nothing special
Nikorima: a genuine attacking threat when he runs as we saw last weekend
CHT: promising, but early days again

So summing up that lot I think it’s only really one centre spot and halfback that need real improvement, though some serious speed would be nice somewhere in the picture.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I don’t think our backline is too bad at all, at least at full strength.

RTS: elite, no more needs to be said
Fus: great finisher, makes plenty of metres. Doesn’t have express pace but not slow.
Ken: absolute monster out of our own end, capable finisher. Does lack pace
Hiku: I’d actually rate him one of the more creative attacking centres in the game right now.
Herbert: solid, plays nice and direct. Early days still in his career
Beale: a solid journeyman, nothing special
Nikorima: a genuine attacking threat when he runs as we saw last weekend
CHT: promising, but early days again

So summing up that lot I think it’s only really one centre spot and halfback that need real improvement, though some serious speed would be nice somewhere in the picture.
I'd be happy to have Fus in the centres with Hiku if we signed a speed demon winger in his place. Eg if we signed Jason Saab, I would be more than happy for Fus to be a centre.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
No team has ever won the premiership being as slow as we are.

And if we improve our pack to the point where we're competing for the GF then we probably don't need a back 3 who get more stats than results.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I'd be happy to have Fus in the centres with Hiku if we signed a speed demon winger in his place. Eg if we signed Jason Saab, I would be more than happy for Fus to be a centre.

That thought crossed my mind too. Fus is at least on paper better suited to being a centre, and he looked good there in his rookie season.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Unpopular opinion. I thought SJ would be flying at the sharks. I bought into the hype that he needed a good forward pack, but even with that he hasn't set the world on fire and that the problem was our club.

I was an SJ fan boy when he was here tbh and was certain he would go over and carve up in the aussie system.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Unpopular opinion. I thought SJ would be flying at the sharks. I bought into the hype that he needed a good forward pack, but even with that he hasn't set the world on fire and that the problem was our club.

I was an SJ fan boy when he was here tbh and was certain he would go over and carve up in the aussie system.

I had my doubts, but jeeze I thought he'd be doing better than he is currently.
Very surprising how average he's become

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Still it’s good that he went to the Sharks, at least if he’s underperforming over there he’s just another mediocre over the hill player, if he was doing the same at the Warriors there would still be the usual inordinate amount of focus on him as our marquee player.

Blair

Coach
Ken: absolute monster out of our own end, capable finisher. Does lack pace.

That's why Manu was so special. He had all three of those.

We could argue that his forward pack isn't all that good this year. Those one-time 'elite' front-rowers, Woods and Fifita, look washed-up.

He is a running half who doesn't run, so just half a half really.

All these years later and, geez, it's still so frustrating to watch. I'm close to moving on with my life.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Not sure if unpopular opinion or others would agree...

RTS is the only member of the current team, that would feature in my best ever 17 for the Warriors.

TheDMC

Bench
That's why Manu was so special. He had all three of those.

Are we sure Manu was faster than Ken? Genuine question as I think I have only seen Ken make 1 long break and his top end speed seemed pretty quick, but just like Manu, not fast off the mark...takes awhile to get going.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Are we sure Manu was faster than Ken? Genuine question as I think I have only seen Ken make 1 long break and his top end speed seemed pretty quick, but just like Manu, not fast off the mark...takes awhile to get going.

I never thought Manu was that quick. Quick for his size but like most big units not quick off the mark and slow to turn. Ken seems much the same. Manus special attribute apart from workrate put of our own end was his tryscoring instinct, he was an absolute weapon at getting the ball down in minimal space with a couple of defenders on him, and very handy in the air coming onto the ball. Ken has always had the workrate but doesn’t seem to have the same natural instinct for those things as Manu, rather he’s had to learn the trade.

Blair

Coach

I watched Manu burn the Penrith backline in '14, he went end-to-end at Penrith Park in our last game of the season. They foolishly tried to chip over his head, he caught it flush, then ran towards the corner of the ground where we were.

No finer sight in league.

Valid points about him being slow off the mark, slow to turn, etc.