What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs Tigers

The Kikau one in the first half was a genuine 50/50. The Crichton one they sucked in the bunker by diving even though Kikau stopped short. The bloke they said was obstructed made no movement towards the way the ball was going. He was committed.

Totally agree. That third try to Crichton should’ve been awarded. Kikau stopped and the Tigers bloke milked it beautifully by going down.

The Kikau one in the first half was a genuine 50/50. The Crichton one they sucked in the bunker by diving even though Kikau stopped short. The bloke they said was obstructed made no movement towards the way the ball was going. He was committed.

Totally agree. That third try to Crichton should’ve been awarded. Kikau stopped and the Tigers bloke milked it beautifully by going down.

Thought leota was outstanding when he came on.His runs were terrific made ground and bent the line over on each and every run.Hope we dont get any suspensions out of the game id be dirty of api got a week or 2 for that hit.

Leota was absolutely firetruckin outstanding tonight. He ran the ball up with gusto and made easy metres up the middle. Worthy of at least one Dally M point

How good was it to see Penrith’s 1,6,7 and 9 spine players sitting together in the dressing shed after the match chatting and laughing and just looking like they’re enjoying their time together!!

Seeing that certainly gives me THAT feeling that something special is brewing

How good was it to see Penrith’s 1,6,7 and 9 spine players sitting together in the dressing shed after the match chatting and laughing and just looking like they’re enjoying their time together!!

murraymob

Coach
The interesting thing with To.o is his ankle or foot was wrapped in ice and not placed in a moon boot.That hopefully is good signs

Hooked

Juniors
Ivan should have been cited for his blowing of kisses.

He should bench himself for that.

1593905115221.jpg

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Leota was absolutely firetruckin outstanding tonight. He ran the ball up with gusto and made easy metres up the middle. Worthy of at least one Dally M point

Leota is one of my favourite players he reminds of the front rowers back in the 60's and 70's. Has a good turn of speed and a little bit of footwork.

No frills but a wholehearted player.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Even though Kiks didn't run for large meters last night. His efforts in defence were wonderful.

1st effort led to first try. Liked the idea of him playing decoy last night too.

A real good overall performance by the team. Especially when the other team were continually hitting Cleary late after kicks. Grun Reynolds being his namesake in tackles.

It was a spiteful game. I felt like I was back in the 70's with some of the spoiling tactics and just grubbiness attempting to put the Panthers off their game.

It didn't work.

Even though Kiks didn't run for large meters last night. His efforts in defence were wonderful.

1st effort led to first try. Liked the idea of him playing decoy last night too.

A real good overall performance by the team. Especially when the other team were continually hitting Cleary late after kicks. Grun Reynolds being his namesake in tackles.

It was a spiteful game. I felt like I was back in the 70's with some of the spoiling tactics and just grubbiness attempting to put the Panthers off their game.

It didn't work.

Ahem, I thought it worked pretty well.

Your field goal with 30 mins to go was not exactly a sign of a team brimming with courage and confidence. There was some fear out there.

I think the game proved you aren’t ready for old school and a lot of sides will be looking to beat you up as far as possible. So your lads will need to stay hard for the duration.

But Happy won that game for you geez, he had an absolute blinder. Well done Happy.

betcats

Referee
Ahem, I thought it worked pretty well.

Your field goal with 30 mins to go was not exactly a sign of a team brimming with courage and confidence. There was some fear out there.

I think the game proved you aren’t ready for old school and a lot of sides will be looking to beat you up as far as possible. So your lads will need to stay hard for the duration.

But Happy won that game for you geez, he had an absolute blinder. Well done Happy.

It shows confidence in their ability to defend a one point lead.

The Realist

Juniors
Am I alone in thinking that Luai outplayed Cleary last night?

Overall we did well though again we have a habit of attacking the enemy line again and again with a huge weight of possession - not scoring - then conceding penalties in frustration were the opposition then turn the game and score a try or two (sometime more). It didn't hurt us tonight but it almost did, just like against St George.

I like that we are playing tough and hard and the scary thing is that we are still not really clicking in offense yet.

Mansour again with a vital error at the death. didn;t cost us but he is virtually guaranteed to knock on, on our side of the field in the last 10 minutes with the game on the line. He isn't the only one who nearly lost his head at the end - Kikau did as well as Critter.

Yeo also had a pretty poor game by his recent standards and Martin was a little loose defensively. Hope he tightens that up a little.

Last edited: