What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Wests Tigers @Bathurst

Assuming all players are back fit - Sorro only question mark?

Edwards
Turuva
Tago
May
To’o
Luai
Cleary

Leota
Kenny
Fisher-Harris
Sorensen
Martin
Yeo

Sommerton/Schneider
Smith
Henry
Garner

Peach 18th

Upside is last season after round 9 panthers were 4 wins, 4 losses and 1 bye.

After round 6 this season panthers will be
3 wins 2 losses and 1 bye. (with Tigers, Cows and Souths to come in Rd7, 8 and 9)

I think upon reflection they are tracking ok in all honesty.

However the way the lost to Manly wasn’t good, they were out enthused and out played. Too many errors and mistakes. Hopefully that’s a kick in the butt they need to get into gear.

Fangs

Coach
Good loss to have in a way. They played poorly and didn't deserve to win.

Expecting a big turn around against the Tigers. They will win comfortably I reckon but just want to see the old team doing its thing. They went missing against Manly.

Tigers are a good news story winning some games with Benji but they are destined for the spoon IMO.

PennyPanthers81

Juniors
Titans are giving them a good run for their money in the race for the spoon. They look woeful.
Tigers always seem to get up for us. Hopefully Ivan fixes the bench, Clez is back and the boys get some sleep or food or whatever it is they need to stop looking so damn flat.

Munky

Coach
The Tigers have a pretty solid starting pack so can't be taken for granted that we'll go through the middle without earning it.

Should get them out wide though.

Good loss to have in a way. They played poorly and didn't deserve to win.

Expecting a big turn around against the Tigers. They will win comfortably I reckon but just want to see the old team doing its thing. They went missing against Manly.

Tigers are a good news story winning some games with Benji but they are destined for the spoon IMO.
The loss definitely is one of those wake up moments for the squad I suspect. However it’s slightly concerning that the last 10 minutes vs Roosters in Round 4 was very poor that lead into Round 5 vs Manly where 60 mins were very poor as well.

Group has had a good 20 mins in the last 90 mins of footy. They’ll bounce back though, no doubts here

murraymob

Coach
Anyone who think the tigers will be easy did not watch our last game.they are a side on the improve with Galvin and the fullback 2 of the best juniors in the nrl .Api was carrying a hamstring problem in there last game Cleary back will help sorrenson straightens our attack sadly missing on the weekend

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Let's hope Ivan has a good hard look at why he keeps selecting such a weak and limited bench. Without Sorro we simply can't pick 3 middles and a 5/8.

Fangs

Coach
Anyone who think the tigers will be easy did not watch our last game.they are a side on the improve with Galvin and the fullback 2 of the best juniors in the nrl .Api was carrying a hamstring problem in there last game Cleary back will help sorrenson straightens our attack sadly missing on the weekend

They will grow a leg against Penrith like they did last year.

Still expecting a big win. We are coming off a bad loss with troops arriving back. I think it's going to be a statement game.

WestyLife

First Grade
I wouldn't mind seeing Sommerton at 14 since he's been playing middle in reserve grade but I wasn't particularly unhappy with Daine Luarie vs Manly. 3 players injured:

Martin shouldn't have played couldn't lift his arm.

May had some kind of leg injury couldn't stand at points.

Luai had his knee or whatever it was.

Lopsided penalty count creates massive fatigue even for this team so if Laurie was picked I wouldn't be upset. Bench is probably better with a second rower amd 2 middles though Mav should've played vs Manly and I assume Sorro back fixes the bench vs tigers.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I wouldn't mind seeing Sommerton at 14 since he's been playing middle in reserve grade but I wasn't particularly unhappy with Daine Luarie vs Manly. 3 players injured:

Lopsided penalty count creates massive fatigue even for this team so if Laurie was picked I wouldn't be upset. Bench is probably better with a second rower amd 2 middles though Mav should've played vs Manly and I assume Sorro back fixes the bench vs tigers.
In any game that matters Yeo plays 80 though. How do you even get Laurie on?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I totally agree.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

This will be a really tough game. I don't see an easy win at all.

W/T are on the improve, we have ongoing injury issues.

We will need to be up for this game, or we will have our bottoms handed to us (like yesterday, against Manly)

WestyLife

First Grade
In any game that matters Yeo plays 80 though. How do you even get Laurie on?

I assume his role is essentially injury cover so we don't end up like broncos/eels vs us this year but Yeo did have to come off with the fatigue so it's one of those things if he wants to be here he might have to accept the role of limited or no minutes off the bench.

In short he's insurance. Pay for it hoping to not have to use it.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The loss definitely is one of those wake up moments for the squad I suspect. However it’s slightly concerning that the last 10 minutes vs Roosters in Round 4 was very poor that lead into Round 5 vs Manly where 60 mins were very poor as well.

Group has had a good 20 mins in the last 90 mins of footy. They’ll bounce back though, no doubts here

I was thinking the same. The dropping off tackles, was just not good enough in the 2nd half of yesterdays game, or the last 20 minutes of the game against the Chooks.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I assume his role is essentially injury cover so we don't end up like broncos/eels vs us this year but Yeo did have to come off with the fatigue so it's one of those things if he wants to be here he might have to accept the role of limited or no minutes off the bench.

In short he's insurance. Pay for it hoping to not have to use it.
I don't believe we can carry a player who won't get on

Kilkenny

Coach
It’s a shame DAINE Laurie doesn’t have a kicking game otherwise he could be a useful 5/8. Much more direct runner than Jerome whose style is to skip and hop, crab sideways. Without a kicking game it’s hard to see him as a serious option to replace Jerome.

Jack Cole kicked a couple of times last week at Wentworth Park, haven’t ever seen him kick in general play too much previously. They were just the standard kick downfield on the last. He had a half decent game, scored a try, but otherwise probably didn’t stand out to any degree.