What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Eels @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 9: Knights v Eels

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I reckon Moga will be in. He has been knocking on the door and O'Brien's approach seems to be to name in the extended squad leading up to a game.
Hoy might get wing but that could then leave us short of a utility on the bench unless Moga comes in off the bench and Hoy moves forward.
I know Moga hasn't been great but, in his defence, he's only had 11 NRL games since 2017. We can't see his effort in training but it's been enough to get him in the extended team.

Old dog

Juniors
Can see Moga to centre with Best and Hoy on wing, Guerra in for Sione, rested, Jones bench with Randall at 14, if Glasby is right he is 13 with Ese’ese and JSaf bench, if not Ese’ese to 13 and Suolo bench

Knight Vision

First Grade
I can see us not doing a Nathan Brown and moving players around constantly.

If Eddie is out he should be replaced by someone else in the squad, Leave Best where he is and not shift players around ala Nathan Brown ...we tried dat shit and it dont work.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Star played right wing in his couple games, but I would love to see him get a start.

Let’s not forget Hunt played left centre last year (very reliably), so he could be the one to switch sides.

Think Hoy will stay 14 til Watson is back, but Tuala hasn’t offered a great deal lately, maybe a stint for Tex there might be promising in the future (defence dependant).

Best and Hoy could be the most exciting attacking centre “pairing” in the comp.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Star played right wing in his couple games, but I would love to see him get a start.

Let’s not forget Hunt played left centre last year (very reliably), so he could be the one to switch sides.

Think Hoy will stay 14 til Watson is back, but Tuala hasn’t offered a great deal lately, maybe a stint for Tex there might be promising in the future (defence dependant).

Best and Hoy could be the most exciting attacking centre “pairing” in the comp.
In all fairness if we had Mal Meninga on our right side it wouldnt make a difference at the moment. 1/3 of the way through the season and Hunt has scored a total of 1 try and Tuala 3. Not real flash to be honest.

Tuala made some awesome tackles against Manly.

Old dog

Juniors
You can’t score tries if ball ain’t coming your way when scoring is an option, of our squad selection at positions 2-5 we have Hunt/Best/Best/Hunt others are filling in, Lee is ok when fit others not quite, Moga needs a chance, think at this stage our best 2-5 is Hunt, Moga, Best, Hoy

Yosh

Coach
Hoy seems to slot in well any position or role asked of him so far so perhaps continuing in the 14 is best for the team and the young lad. Toss up between Moga and Toa for Lee's wing spot for mine.

PhilGould

Bench
1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Tex Hoy
3. Enari Tuala
4. Bradman Best
5. Hymel Hunt
6. Kurt Mann
7. Mitchell Pearce (C)
8. David Klemmer
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Daniel Saifiti
11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12. Aidan Guerra
13. Herman Ese'ese

14. Starford To'a
15. Jacob Saifiti
16. Pasami Saulo
17. Brodie Jones

18. Tautau Moga
19. Josh King
20. Phoenix Crossland
21. Connor Watson

Knight Vision

First Grade
I like the changes

• Happy Sione sits at least this one out. I'd also spell him for the week after
  • Star on the bench makes sense, wouldnt be surprised to see a switch before kick off or at some stage during the game
  • Guerra has been coping it on here but his stats arent too bad to be fair. Last week I reckon no Guerra and we possibly lose.
  • Jones deserves his spot and another opp to impress
Moga is obviously gonzki , this will be his last year at the Knights. He's not on AOB radar.

Excited for Star and given the shit performance the team put in for his debut they owe him big time.

Knight Vision

First Grade
And glasby still not cleared from his head knock is a worry.
It's not his first one this year also. Think he's had a about 3 HIA this year? . Maybe a good precaution to keep him out.

Remember how it was for McManus, bloke got knocked out by a feather at the end there.

Old dog

Juniors
Didn’t realise Glasby was so bad, had him back in side this week otherwise no surprises, Hoy did well so deserves his spot so basically Sione and Lee out, Jones and Toa in.
Still like to see Moga get a run, if he is on outer why have him in 21.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Still like to see Moga get a run, if he is on outer why have him in 21.
He's not high on the list if he's being replaced by a rookie.

With his knees there can only be one thing going through his mind as he leaps for a high ball.........