What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your favourite wrestling memory

Big Pete

Referee
maxresdefault.jpg

Where is the 'Nacho Man"?

11_raw_01191998_0005-94d29da4b162dfe2465bbc8f51fe0848.jpg

TYSON AND AUSTIN!! TYSON AND AUSTIN!!

maxresdefault.jpg

He's achieved his dream and the dream of everybody who's been told they can't do it.

edge-christian.jpg

What do you think of these young studs who took every chance imagineable? Who put their bodies and souls on the line - their careers at stake and it's Edge and Christian prevailing. Edge and Christian are the new tag team champions.

Here's one of my favourites from my time on here. The thread actually captures my live reaction.

62302637fc47ceebe87a432321de996e_crop_exact.jpg

Edge has shocked the world!

Last edited:
Anything prior to becoming "smarter" by reading internet stuff. I remember watching X-Pac vs The Rock for the world title and thinking X-Pac could actually win. I was out of my chair the whole match.

But post that:

Seth Rollins cash in
Dolph Ziggler cash in
Edge first cash in
Vince tearing his quads and sitting in the ring trying to act stern.

I was always a fan of Kofi so to see him become the most over man in the business for a few months and win the top title in such epic fashion is something I'll always remember.

Go back to January 2019 and imagine you were told that at that years wrestlemania Bryan would drop the belt to Kofi and the wrestling world would be almost unanimously behind Kofi. You'd never believe it. Just a shame that he dropped the belt the way he did.

Jono Russell

Bench
HBK v Taker 1 - you just felt after that match you finished watching something special.

Mankind in the attitude era mainly that Hell in a cell vs Taker. Geeze he could take a bump.

Wcw cruiserweight division. Billy Kidman was a huge fave of mine growing up.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
My fond memories of going into the local Video Ezy throughout school holidays and picking up something like 6 for 10 weekly videos (or vice versa) and checking out all the early 90s WWF tapes, or hiring out the wCw ones.

I vividly remember watching World War 3 96 on TV, rooting for my man Scott Hall.

Watching things like Hogan chaining Roddy Piper to the cage, and a fan tries to help.

Mankind being tossed off the cell

Kane giving me nightmares.

Psycho Sid Vs Diesel

I seem to remember like a 6 pack or a Fatal Fourway, from what I remember being an In Your House type of event with Vader in it. Memory is very scetchy on that

Curt Hennig turning his back on the Horsemen, joining the nWo and smashing Flairs head in the door

THAT undefeated run by Goldberg, and subsequently losing to Nash, followed by the fingerpoke of doom. Nash derailing Wraths unbeaten streak in the lead up.

Glaciers entrance, Mortis being Mortis.

Certain things that happened that happened that helped a younger man through those younger years, I'm talking The Kat at Armageddon, Royal Rumble 2000 (before Mae Young!), heck even a Medusa Vs Evan Karagios....ahem...

As someone else mentioned, watching wrestling before becoming a "smark", literally believing that anyone could win the title.

Favourite things that have happened more recently - Edge cashing in on Cena at NYR, Triple H/Mankind at Royal Rumble 2000, Edge/Mick Foley at WM22, The awesome series of matches at WM involving Taker V HHH, Taker V HBK, HBK V Flair.

Benoit/Eddie winning the titles at WM, Drew more recently

Valheru

Coach
My favourite moment, ever:

After missing several months of wrestling with a torn quadriceps, Triple H returns to RAW, to one of the biggest pops I've ever heard.

There is nothing better than a monster crowd reaction.

Some other entries that match that IMO

- bulldog winning the IC title at summerslam 92
- the hart foundation entrance at Canadian stampede 97
- Goldberg winning the title in July 98
- John Cena returning at royal rumble 08
- CM Punk entrance at MITB 2011
- Brock Lesnar return in 2012

Looks like I'm a fair bit older than most of the others in here..

Mine is Hulk Hogan body slamming Andre the Giant. I wasn't a Hulkamaniac or anything, and loved Andre, but at the time this was the most insane thing to see. That Andre could even be lifted off the ground seemed impossible, but to see him slammed was absolutely mindblowing as a kid.

Looks like I'm a fair bit older than most of the others in here..

Mine is Hulk Hogan body slamming Andre the Giant. I wasn't a Hulkamaniac or anything, and loved Andre, but at the time this was the most insane thing to see. That Andre could even be lifted off the ground seemed impossible, but to see him slammed was absolutely mindblowing as a kid.

I’d say that’s the most famous single moment in the history of wrestling. NWO arriving might be close for some but I don’t think it ever hit the mainstream like hogan and Andre

bileduct

Coach
omfg i shouldn't have watched that at work lol
The uncensored version is better...

Booker T: Who is this mother f**ker?

Davey Boy Smith: He fell flat on his f**king arse!

lol... Sid does his best to try and salvage something out of it, but then Ole Anderson misses his cue for the voiceover, and is still laughing when he eventually gets going.

Latest posts