What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Blood&Bandage

Juniors
I thought there were four outstanding performances against Manly:

1. Rava - belted people like T Sims did when the team was flying in previous years. Put opposition on the backfoot, and had outside backs thinking twice.
2. Lomax - key touches of class leading to several tries - the flick pass, the intercepts, the bat back from the bomb
3. Dufty - speed and creativity - playing as the other genuine half alongside Clune who organises the show
4. Kerr - Fast and damaging in the middle with quick play the balls.

Others were good too, but these four were leaders and had big plays at critical moments that lifted the team.

Something they have in common: all have been dropped/scapegoated/screwed around multiple times by McGregor over the past year and more.
What about Hunt...he had a huge game too

WepnutV

Juniors
What a dilemma!! We cheered on every loss last year to 2nd last, the muppet survived. We started this year 0-4 with 2 embarrassing losses to NZ and the dogs. There was dancing in the streets when the emergency 1030am Tuesday board meeting was called and by 1230 that day we were reaching for the razor blades. The muppet survived again!! I think we’re stuck with this fool: He won’t walk and the board won’t pull the trigger.
haha, WE cheered on every loss? you and some but not all dragons supporters.. Cheering on the team you support to lose in hope of a change that possibly results in more success further down the track ( that change may also leave the dragons worse off) is not a very well thought out approach. I would hate myself if I ever cheered on a dragons loss, I don't think it's even possible, but my point is you can support the mighty saints and not support mary at the same time..

ALSGI

Bench
haha, WE cheered on every loss? you and some but not all dragons supporters.. Cheering on the team you support to lose in hope of a change that possibly results in more success further down the track ( that change may also leave the dragons worse off) is not a very well thought out approach. I would hate myself if I ever cheered on a dragons loss, I don't think it's even possible, but my point is you can support the mighty saints and not support mary at the same time..
Well said, but I don’t think he meant it that way - as in we literally cheered or hoped they’d lose and play so poorly.

Gareth67

First Grade
255E99B0-EEAE-4C32-B8C7-BEEC79809DBD.png

“ Well let’s get back on track shall we ? How many of you squawkers are watching the Broncs v Tigpies , have you noticed how well Leilula is playing ? Yet again my mentoring of the young man has now blossomed almost to full maturity . I had him trained to be our next fullback with his speed and bulk , similar to the Graham Eadie mould . But of course he wanted to play with his brother so I had no choice but to let him go . “

“ And what about that sap Siebold - now he is a fine example of a dead man walking - the man cannot even crack a smile . Oh well I suppose the gulf between being a good coach and a wannabe is much wider than most may think . “

See you fellas at the game - yuk yuk ! “

redv13

Bench

I think you got your wires crossed mate. I wasn’t smiling every weekend last year watching the team lose week after week. I cheer for my side every game but unfortunately they we’re losing at the same time. Maybe I could have worded it differently...

Wittenberg

Juniors
I hope our coach and the Board watched the Tigers game. Maguire has formed a team that plays with tremendous spirit and enthusiasm. The pack is a tight unit that is no frills in many ways but they are hard and hunt together. Watching Luc was painful.....the player who was sometimes seen as lazy, unfit and who was usually given short stints on the field by Mary, was powerful in both attack and defence. What was worse was Johns and Gould going on about how Luc is a special talent that they had followed through his junior days, and Implied his talent was wasted at STGI. Sigh.

denis preston

First Grade
I hope our coach and the Board watched the Tigers game. Maguire has formed a team that plays with tremendous spirit and enthusiasm. The pack is a tight unit that is no frills in many ways but they are hard and hunt together. Watching Luc was painful.....the player who was sometimes seen as lazy, unfit and who was usually given short stints on the field by Mary, was powerful in both attack and defence. What was worse was Johns and Gould going on about how Luc is a special talent that they had followed through his junior days, and Implied his talent was wasted at STGI. Sigh.

YET, they also say Mcgregor is a very good coach ???

since77

Juniors

He’s certainly blooming under a competent coach. How many talented juniors has McGregor burned? Such a waste.

redv13

Bench
God this is frustrating.
Mary has sucked arse for 5 years and he’s still here. Seibold has two bad months and likely gone this week.
Watching the Seibold press conference was hilarious. Brent Reed had him under the pump and he looked like he has given up. I’d say poor bloke but the muppet stabbed Madge in the back for the Souths job then acted like a jerkoff to get the Broncos job. Oh sweet karma!! Storm could put 300 on them next week!!

getsmarty

Immortal
r0_209_4479_2737_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

TruSaint

Referee
Watching the Seibold press conference was hilarious. Brent Reed had him under the pump and he looked like he has given up. I’d say poor bloke but the muppet stabbed Madge in the back for the Souths job then acted like a jerkoff to get the Broncos job. Oh sweet karma!! Storm could put 300 on them next week!!

Yep,

This job is way too big for Seibold.
As you say, he did himself no favours by the carry-on during the transition.

The Brissie press is relentless.
Understandably, he looked lost at the presser, and even I felt for him.
Time to look elsewhere for him me thinks. An assistant again somewhere, or overseas. His stock has plummeted.

There not just losing, they are getting belted.
Madge showed what you can do with simple footy, and with a solid ( not star studded ) roster.
Discipline, completions, tackle hard, compete for each metre, heck even Benji had a blinder.

Its not rocket science.

Dragon David

First Grade
Yep,

This job is way too big for Seibold.
As you say, he did himself no favours by the carry-on during the transition.

The Brissie press is relentless.
Understandably, he looked lost at the presser, and even I felt for him.
Time to look elsewhere for him me thinks. An assistant again somewhere, or overseas. His stock has plummeted.

There not just losing, they are getting belted.
Madge showed what you can do with simple footy, and with a solid ( not star studded ) roster.
Discipline, completions, tackle hard, compete for each metre, heck even Benji had a blinder.

Its not rocket science.
It sure isn't rocket science. A good coach like Maguire has that ability to get his players to do the things you described TruSaint. Hopefully, now that Flanagan is part of the coaching fraternity at the Dragons, it will help our guys to do the same things. I think they are heading that way. No thanks to Mary.

TruSaint

Referee
It sure isn't rocket science. A good coach like Maguire has that ability to get his players to do the things you described TruSaint. Hopefully, now that Flanagan is part of the coaching fraternity at the Dragons, it will help our guys to do the same things. I think they are heading that way. No thanks to Mary.

Yeah, I wanna see a few more results before I get excited about our direction.
A win against a depleted Manly as fun to watch, and today should not be be any gauge either to be fair.

I agree its appears that we are improving, but history tells me to be cautious about any expectations.
Anyway, time will tell what they do for 2021.

I expect a clinical display against the dogs today, but am also aware as bad as they are, they always lift against us.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Have a read in the Ravalawa title on this forum where the moron of a coach is saying in an interview that

“You need to persist with people like Rava as he is young and needs to learn”

Like is he for real he almost lost us Lomax if it wasn’t for a certain person in the board.

Try preaching what you say Paul. “Oh I gave Luc his first taste in grade. Look how good that went for you”

Just piss your bald head off out of the team and let us enjoy watching the once proud team

You are a peanut.

Straight Shooter

Paddles

Juniors
Have a read in the Ravalawa title on this forum where the moron of a coach is saying in an interview that

“You need to persist with people like Rava as he is young and needs to learn”

Like is he for real he almost lost us Lomax if it wasn’t for a certain person in the board.

Try preaching what you say Paul. “Oh I gave Luc his first taste in grade. Look how good that went for you”

Just piss your bald head off out of the team and let us enjoy watching the once proud team

What an ass. He dropped Rava three times (or was it four?) last year as he was searching for the elusive combination of scapegoat wingers to enable him to keep Aitken, Lafai, and the rest of his injured and underperforming favourites in the top grade.

It's no wonder players have no confidence in him. He has no consistent ideas or philosophy and just says what he needs to (or what management gobbledegook he's read in the last week) to get him through the next tough spot.