What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Don't sack Seibold

10$ Ferret

Staff member
NO to Seibold deserves a chance, but Brisbane deserve him
NO to heads up Bronco supporters, suffer your fate
NO ti Siebold having proved himself to get the Brisbane job, he sold himself like brokem cortina

lynx000

Juniors
who are the 15 injuries he's talking about?
  • Corey Oates (leg, TBC)
  • Matt Lodge (knee, round 11-12)
  • Alex Glenn (knee, round 15-17)
  • Kotoni Staggs (hamstring, round 11)
  • Jake Turpin (leg, round 11-12)
  • Jesse Arthars (knee, round 12-13)
  • David Fifita (knee, round 12)
  • Jordan Kahu (shoulder, indefinite)
  • Sean O'Sullivan (knee, indefinite)
  • Keenan Palasia (knee, indefinite)
  • Jack Bird (ACL, season)
  • Herbie Farnsworth

That is about all that I could come up with, might be a coujple of the development players making up the 36 out as well.

Perese got suspended and sacked.
    Luke has been cited and will miss a week.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
I'm not delusional, I never once thought Brisbane were exempt from being shit but truth be known a huge percentage of the fan base are quick to stop following when times become dire, they're probably all of a sudden watching the Lions who have become a top 4 side in the AFL.

Nothing tilts me more, it's like people who grow up watching Soccer automatically find themselves supporting a club like Man United or Barcelona, despite having no ties to them what so ever. They just support the team that won the most as they were growing up and obviously when the winning stops, so does their loyalty to the club as a fan. I hate that and I can understand why people would think Brisbane fans are entitled.

Sorry to say but if your Broncos had not been so greedy and eager to hop into bed with Murdoch and his pay tv plans you wouldn't have to worry about the Lions as there would have been two clubs in Brisbane for the past 25 years.

Unfortunately the Broncos have left alot of scars even from 20 odd years ago. I for one am happy to watch them suffer.

Artiste

Juniors
Chin up Broncos supporters. Getting through shit like this is character building plus it gives you an insight into what fans of Sydney clubs have gone through. Bar Manly fans, we’ve all supped from the wooden spoon but they’ve had their down periods too. But as bad as you’re hurting, at least you know there will never be talks of mergers, relocation or folding to deepen your wounds. f**k our history and tradition. It’s something that always sits in the back of our minds when lean years arrive and those of you in the north are often quick to bring up. So suck shit is what I’m tryin’ to say.
LOL!!! Absolutely nailed it
Everything about this is spot on!
Especially the last line

Fangs

Coach
They've got their injuries, but c'mon. They have never played this bad. Why aren't they calling themselves 'the baby Broncos' and having a go?

Shitacular at every level.

Knight Vision

First Grade
They just support the team that won the most as they were growing up and obviously when the winning stops, so does their loyalty to the club as a fan. I hate that and I can understand why people would think Brisbane fans are entitled.

Or I sometimes hear of supporters who have "switched teams" WTF ?

As a Knights supporter I just dont get that. There is no way on earth come hell or high water I would ever even think of supporting another club. Through thick or thin to my dying day it will always be the Knights. There's actually some sadistic side of me that prefers the underdog the downtrodden, I wouldnt have it any other way, the victory, the triumph is all the more sweet. .

Being a Knights supporter isnt a choice its part of your DNA , its who you are.

NEWCASTLE NEWCASTLE NEWCASTLE

Dingo_dan

Juniors
Arrogant is the perfect adjective. Also played with a stacked deck throughout their history. This meltdown has me feeling warm and fuzzy, long may it continue.

Broncos have always been arrogant, but for a long time in their history that arrogance was earned.

They had stacked teams, but every guy in that team put in, where the ultimate professionals. Early on in their history they punted qlds greatest ever player because he wouldn't have a dig. It created a great culture for onfield success.

The 2006 premiership came at the tale end of a lot of great players careers. Post Lockyer retirement they only had 2 players left from that success, Parker and Thaiday. Both were junior members of that team. Neither were key. At that stage of their careers you probably could have traded them with any random forward in 2006 and broncos still would have won. But these 2 had a huge influence on the next generation of broncos. Thaiday was always a Lazy player and Parker is infamous for being arrogant and egotistical. Justin Hodges was there, and imo he was the last of the true broncos, the arrogance that was earnt broncos, but he was never a natural leader.

Thaiday and Parker lead the next generation of broncos. Almost a golden generation of broncos. A core of their 2008 NYC team, plus guys like Gillett, Oates, Reed. These guys really achieved nothing, but carried the same sense of entitlement that the 90s and early 00s broncos teams had. Near enough was good enough for them. Just making the finals was enough. The bar really lowered with them. Even though they gained back another 2006 prmeirship player, it was the extremely introverted Darius Boyd.

This is why today's team is so bad. They have carried on the broncos arrogance and entitlement but have a serious disconnect from the great broncos sides. They are following and being influenced by the Cos-play broncos of the 2010s, the bunch of frauds who beat their chest at how great it is to be a bronco without actually achieving greatness like the Webckes, The Peteros, the Carolls of year's before.

TheDalek079

Bench
Broncos have always been arrogant, but for a long time in their history that arrogance was earned.

They had stacked teams, but every guy in that team put in, where the ultimate professionals. Early on in their history they punted qlds greatest ever player because he wouldn't have a dig. It created a great culture for onfield success.

The 2006 premiership came at the tale end of a lot of great players careers. Post Lockyer retirement they only had 2 players left from that success, Parker and Thaiday. Both were junior members of that team. Neither were key. At that stage of their careers you probably could have traded them with any random forward in 2006 and broncos still would have won. But these 2 had a huge influence on the next generation of broncos. Thaiday was always a Lazy player and Parker is infamous for being arrogant and egotistical. Justin Hodges was there, and imo he was the last of the true broncos, the arrogance that was earnt broncos, but he was never a natural leader.

Thaiday and Parker lead the next generation of broncos. Almost a golden generation of broncos. A core of their 2008 NYC team, plus guys like Gillett, Oates, Reed. These guys really achieved nothing, but carried the same sense of entitlement that the 90s and early 00s broncos teams had. Near enough was good enough for them. Just making the finals was enough. The bar really lowered with them. Even though they gained back another 2006 prmeirship player, it was the extremely introverted Darius Boyd.

This is why today's team is so bad. They have carried on the broncos arrogance and entitlement but have a serious disconnect from the great broncos sides. They are following and being influenced by the Cos-play broncos of the 2010s, the bunch of frauds who beat their chest at how great it is to be a bronco without actually achieving greatness like the Webckes, The Peteros, the Carolls of year's before.

This! Excellent summation

Whip Whitaker

Juniors

The Broncos administration is even more arrogant than the players. They think that whoever they give the contracts and scholarships to will be guns because simply they are the Broncos. Their arrogance and sense of entitlement has got them in this current mess.

Now, all clubs have a story of a player they missed out on, or two. But it is unacceptable to think that they overlooked the greatest spine in NRL history in Thurston, Smith, Cronk and Slater, and picked other players over them. An honourable mention to Greg Inglis as well. Then, they also couldn't lure any of them to Brisbane either (besides an Inglis handshake that he renegaded on). Instead, they paid overs to get Anthony Milford out of Canberra.

The Broncos are paying a high price for past success. They have got to a stage where they believe that whatever they touch will turn into gold, and history will always repeat itself and lead to more and more premierships because they are the Mighty Broncos.

If anything, they should think of and honour their past. But realise that there needs to be a lot of hard work at all levels of the organisation to get back to those standards needed for winning premierships.

blaza88z

Coach
Or I sometimes hear of supporters who have "switched teams" WTF ?

As a Knights supporter I just dont get that. There is no way on earth come hell or high water I would ever even think of supporting another club. Through thick or thin to my dying day it will always be the Knights. There's actually some sadistic side of me that prefers the underdog the downtrodden, I wouldnt have it any other way, the victory, the triumph is all the more sweet. .

Being a Knights supporter isnt a choice its part of your DNA , its who you are.

NEWCASTLE NEWCASTLE NEWCASTLE

There's a bloke on this forum who went from being a Broncos fan to becoming a Roosters fan, how does that work? When Brisbane come out the other side does he switch back?