What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Don't sack Seibold

Frailty

First Grade
It's amazing for how bad they are, all Seibold seems to do is drop wingers/fullback.

How anyone could watch the Tigers game and think that Croft or Milford should stay in the team must be slow between the ears.

Apey

Staff member
Round 20 - Cowboys get the chance to give the Broncos the spoon.

Look at the Broncos draw lmao they will be lucky to win 1 of their remaining 10.
They don't need to win any more games, the Dogs sure as hell won't be winning 2 games. For all the talk about how shit the Broncos are, the Bulldogs are worse. Their only possible win will be against the Titans imo. If they couldn't win against the Dragons they won't win another game.*

*they play my team this weekend so now they will probably win another game.

_Johnsy

Referee
  • Corey Oates (leg, TBC)
  • Matt Lodge (knee, round 11-12)
  • Alex Glenn (knee, round 15-17)
  • Kotoni Staggs (hamstring, round 11)
  • Jake Turpin (leg, round 11-12)
  • Jesse Arthars (knee, round 12-13)
  • David Fifita (knee, round 12)
  • Jordan Kahu (shoulder, indefinite)
  • Sean O'Sullivan (knee, indefinite)
  • Keenan Palasia (knee, indefinite)
  • Jack Bird (ACL, season)
  • Herbie Farnsworth

That is about all that I could come up with, might be a coujple of the development players making up the 36 out as well.

Perese got suspended and sacked.
    Luke has been cited and will miss a week.

Corey Oates injured during last weeks game, cannot really add him as an excuse from Mr Harvard.
5 NRL quality players are injured.
Matt Lodge, Alex Glenn, Kotoni Staggs, David Fifita, Jack Bird.

The following 6 would be considered fringe 1st graders & some not even that on current form IMO.
Jake Turpin
Jesse Arthars
Jordan Kahu
Sean O'Sullivan
Keenan Palasia
Herbie Farnsworth

Corey Oates injured during last weeks game, cannot really add him as an excuse from Mr Harvard.

The following 6 would be considered fringe 1st graders & some not even that on current form IMO.
Jake Turpin
Jesse Arthars
Jordan Kahu
Sean O'Sullivan
Keenan Palasia
Herbie Farnsworth
Excuses excuses.

He's still got a better roster than a lot of teams in the comp.

dogslife

Coach
They don't need to win any more games, the Dogs sure as hell won't be winning 2 games. For all the talk about how shit the Broncos are, the Bulldogs are worse. Their only possible win will be against the Titans imo. If they couldn't win against the Dragons they won't win another game.*

*they play my team this weekend so now they will probably win another game.
We severely lack talent.

The Broncos severely lack in starch, to use an IanG expression.

blaza88z

Coach

Jake Turpin
Jesse Arthars
Jordan Kahu
Sean O'Sullivan
Keenan Palasia
Herbie Farnsworth

Turpin and Kahu for mine are regulars

Lebbo73

Bench
Chin up Broncos supporters. Getting through shit like this is character building plus it gives you an insight into what fans of Sydney clubs have gone through. Bar Manly fans, we’ve all supped from the wooden spoon but they’ve had their down periods too. But as bad as you’re hurting, at least you know there will never be talks of mergers, relocation or folding to deepen your wounds. f**k our history and tradition. It’s something that always sits in the back of our minds when lean years arrive and those of you in the north are often quick to bring up. So suck shit is what I’m tryin’ to say.
Respectfully you can get f**ked merkin :wink:

some11

Referee
Broncos have always been arrogant, but for a long time in their history that arrogance was earned.

They had stacked teams, but every guy in that team put in, where the ultimate professionals. Early on in their history they punted qlds greatest ever player because he wouldn't have a dig. It created a great culture for onfield success.

The 2006 premiership came at the tale end of a lot of great players careers. Post Lockyer retirement they only had 2 players left from that success, Parker and Thaiday. Both were junior members of that team. Neither were key. At that stage of their careers you probably could have traded them with any random forward in 2006 and broncos still would have won. But these 2 had a huge influence on the next generation of broncos. Thaiday was always a Lazy player and Parker is infamous for being arrogant and egotistical. Justin Hodges was there, and imo he was the last of the true broncos, the arrogance that was earnt broncos, but he was never a natural leader.

Thaiday and Parker lead the next generation of broncos. Almost a golden generation of broncos. A core of their 2008 NYC team, plus guys like Gillett, Oates, Reed. These guys really achieved nothing, but carried the same sense of entitlement that the 90s and early 00s broncos teams had. Near enough was good enough for them. Just making the finals was enough. The bar really lowered with them. Even though they gained back another 2006 prmeirship player, it was the extremely introverted Darius Boyd.

This is why today's team is so bad. They have carried on the broncos arrogance and entitlement but have a serious disconnect from the great broncos sides. They are following and being influenced by the Cos-play broncos of the 2010s, the bunch of frauds who beat their chest at how great it is to be a bronco without actually achieving greatness like the Webckes, The Peteros, the Carolls of year's before.
I haven't seen it laid out quite as succinctly as this.

That's pretty much it. The grand final failure in 15 lead to a pretty swift culture of failure on top.

• Corey Oates (leg, TBC)
  • Matt Lodge (knee, round 11-12)
  • Alex Glenn (knee, round 15-17)
  • Kotoni Staggs (hamstring, round 11)
  • Jake Turpin (leg, round 11-12)
  • Jesse Arthars (knee, round 12-13)
  • David Fifita (knee, round 12)
  • Jordan Kahu (shoulder, indefinite)
  • Sean O'Sullivan (knee, indefinite)
  • Keenan Palasia (knee, indefinite)
  • Jack Bird (ACL, season)
  • Herbie Farnsworth

That is about all that I could come up with, might be a coujple of the development players making up the 36 out as well.

Perese got suspended and sacked.
    Luke has been cited and will miss a week.

Add to that list Matt Gillett, who retired "early" at the end of last year due to ongoing injuries. It's a horrific list of outs for the Broncos. Granted not all have been out since the season resumption, but that would cripple most clubs in the competition, especially given the forwards they are missing with no senior leaders in the pack. In fact I can't see a natural leader in the whole team now that Glenn is out.

I don't get the decision to let McCullough go though. That's the biggest head-shaker for me.

DeeJ

Bench
I don't get the decision to let McCullough go though. That's the biggest head-shaker for me.

Turpin was ahead and we had a back up in Paix (although he is originally a half). Keep in mind that Macca has been in a decline over the past few seasons, and Turpin really showed him up for speed and impact.

Having said that, Macca is going pretty well for the Knights and everything he does is alot faster somehow. And I can't say it's playing behind a performing forward pack as Brisbane's pack dominated in metres last season.

Turpin was ahead and we had a back up in Paix (although he is originally a half). Keep in mind that Macca has been in a decline over the past few seasons, and Turpin really showed him up for speed and impact.

Having said that, Macca is going pretty well for the Knights and everything he does is alot faster somehow. And I can't say it's playing behind a performing forward pack as Brisbane's pack dominated in metres last season.

Yeah mate I can see keeping the young blood over a guy toward the end of his career - it's more that they've lost so many old heads/leaders in the last few years. I don't know how vocal a player he was (is) but there's seemingly none on the field now - it's mainly kids our there in the absolute wilderness without a big noise to get their bottom lips off the ground, and firing up in the face of adversity.

A coach can be the best there is at training and in the sheds, but once the team is out on the field it's all them. And an inexperienced side with no natural leaders on the field is always gonna be up against it. Not saying Seibold is the best coach - but that team is like the Knights 5 or so years ago in terms of inexperience. But the Knights were "expected" to struggle given the carnage that happened during that time.

While the Broncos are a big rival to my team, I genuinely feel for fans like yourself. I've never seen a side in a state of utter capitulation these last 8 rounds. Their heads must be so full of noise, the pressure excruciating... I really hope for the simple sake of their mental wellbeing that they can get back to some form of success - but please don't time it when we play in you in a few weeks..

Latest posts