What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 10 vs Broncos @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 10: Wests Tigers v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigerm

First Grade
I have been a very vocal critic of Packer so I'd like to wrap his performance last night, particularly his first stint. Not only did he run and tackle hard he also wanted to get involved. I nearly choked on my beer when I saw him hit it up twice in the first set. He also did a fair bit of work off the ball, providing a second option to the hit up runner and covering on the inside in defence. Hopefully he keeps it up.

If we can play with that intensity next week we should give Parra a run for their money.

Our attacking kicking game still needs a lot work though and our attack in general was hard to gauge because Brisbane were so poor.
Agree re: Packer, he looks like he’s lost a lot of weight as well.

Blackwhitegold

Juniors
You have to keep Rowdy in the centres. When BJ is available he can take Mbye spot. Benji can take the kicking duties.

1. AD
2. Nofoaluma
3. Lawrence
4. Mbye
5. Talau
6. Walters
7. Benji
8. Aloiai
9. Grant
10. Packer
11. Garner
12. Leilua
13. Eisenhuth

bench
14. McIntyre
15. Mikaele
16. Twal
17. MCK

we will beat parra mark my words. 50 plus to 1 to win the comp is worth something.

Tigerm

First Grade
You have to keep Rowdy in the centres. When BJ is available he can take Mbye spot. Benji can take the kicking duties.

1. AD
2. Nofoaluma
3. Lawrence
4. Mbye
5. Talau
6. Walters
7. Benji
8. Aloiai
9. Grant
10. Packer
11. Garner
12. Leilua
13. Eisenhuth

bench
14. McIntyre
15. Mikaele
16. Twal
17. MCK

we will beat parra mark my words. 50 plus to 1 to win the comp is worth something.
Good side and picks itself, except for MCK. I’d be keen to see Blore Have a run.

Sorry, but what 15 NRL-standard players were Brisbane missing last night? Fifita, Lodge. Who else?

The guy won't accept responsibility. He let their veterans go. Stuff him!
I thought the same last night when he said 15, NRL site has,
Brisbane Broncos
  • Corey Oates (leg, TBC)
  • Matt Lodge (knee, round 11-12)
  • Alex Glenn (knee, round 15-17)
  • Kotoni Staggs (hamstring, round 11)
  • Jake Turpin (leg, round 11-12)
  • Jesse Arthars (knee, round 12-13)
  • David Fifita (knee, round 12)
  • Jordan Kahu (shoulder, indefinite)
  • Sean O'Sullivan (knee, indefinite)
  • Keenan Palasia (knee, indefinite)
  • Jack Bird (ACL, season)

That’s 11, it includes Oates who he did have last night. Bird he’s seen once from memory so I’d say he’s missing 4 in Lodge, Glenn, Staggs & Fifita?

Madge could say he’s missing, Musgrove, Twal, Jennings (cough cough), and 2 suspended players from his previous preferred 17.

super_coach

First Grade
It's not stupid money but it's not a smart signing either. For too long we signed players, coaches and other staff on the basis of not being as shit as the last guy. Finally we are getting away from that.

I think they have finally worked out that they are not going to attract the elite off contract player. So they are targeting young kids with plenty of ability how are willing to work hard.
AD and Lucy are two players who fit that mould.

As much as I dislike the Donkeys and despite my delight that we played as a cohesive team and held them to zero, I almost felt a bit sorry for Seibold; that press conference was a bit hard to watch.

When asked what he would say to the team he said there's not much that he could say.
Poor bugger looked at a complete loss.
He's got something like 15 players out injured atm so he has few options.
It appears that many of the Bronco players don't want to be there.

Their worst performers are their most experienced; Boyd, Milford, Luke and Oates. It's as if they're all suffering from Idon'tgiveaf**kitis.
Since the Bulldogs and Titans actually have a crack, the Donkeys deserve the wooden spoon this year. That would be hilarious.

It will be interesting to see what they do with Seibold. Sacking him would be a huge mistake so I hope they do, lol.

Signing a coach straight up on a 5-year deal is risky until one sees how good a fit he is to the club.
Madge has shown us enough to now lock him in for 5 years. A few clubs are looking for a decent coach so securing him now is imperative.

Not that I expect him to shit on us like Ivan Cleary did. From what I can tell, Madge has more integrity than that dickhead.

Seibs was very honest and open with the public about the whole of the experience.

I prefer that to the mindless crap other coaches dish out.

5 years was a ridiculous offer. 3 would have sufficed.

They no doubt the broncos have their envious eyes on Madge.

WA Tiger

Bench

A 5 year contract was reckless but there must be an incentive based clause included where targets need to be reached or Seibold wouldn’t look like he will not only have no career after this but no $$$ either..(unlike the always upbeat McGregors contract at the Dragons that has no such incentive based clause)

After such a Fk up u can imagine the interview .

”Thanks for coming in today Madge and what teams have u won/lost against this year/last year? ok and you are 7th on the table? ..and u reached finals last when? How long ago was that premiership and why did u leave?
Ok thanks for coming in today Madge .. Listen I love the suit. We will call you. This is a very long drawn out process you understand..”

Once Madge starts beating the Parra’s etc then he’s in the game. Not before

Last edited:
Seibs was very honest and open with the public about the whole of the experience.

I prefer that to the mindless crap other coaches dish out.

The merkin is the master of his own undoing. Suck shit to him.

Phil Gould

Juniors
I’d like to see Talau get more ball.

Walters was good enough to make me think Brooks wasn’t even going to get a run. His spot is in danger which is a shame. He’s a good kid.

Tigerm

First Grade

Walters was good enough to make me think Brooks wasn’t even going to get a run. His spot is in danger which is a shame. He’s a good kid.
I said earlier, I would have liked to see have a run at 9 when he came on. I think when Harry leaves, he could if required make a living at it.
I just don’t see him improving after 7 seasons.

WA Tiger

Bench

Brookes is the devil that needs to be exorcised before he creates another heartbreak year..Madge only played him so he (Madge ) didn’t look like the idiot he was for picking him ..(I mean for ruthlessly dropping him then picking him)..and then not playing him

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Brookes is the devil that needs to be exorcised before he creates another heartbreak year..Madge only played him so he (Madge ) didn’t look like the idiot he was for picking him ..(I mean for ruthlessly dropping him then picking him)..and then not playing him
Not sure if you are taking the piss.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I have absolutely no sympathy for Broncos. They have the biggest supporter base, money coming out their arses, complete support from the referees, ability to literally attract any player they want...and they still are completely shit house this year.

If we had any of this we would be in the top 4 every year.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about a club like Broncos poaching Madge from us. We need to lock him up for another 4 years

Legion

Juniors
Sorry, but what 15 NRL-standard players were Brisbane missing last night? Fifita, Lodge. Who else?

The guy won't accept responsibility. He let their veterans go. Stuff him!
When asked if it was time to drop a few players Seibold said he's got 15 players out of his 36 that are out injured, so he's pretty much stuck with the team that he's playing.

Don't get me wrong, Seibold only has himself to blame.
The seniors that he did keep don't look like they want to be there, Milford and Boyd in particular.

Phil Gould

Juniors
Brookes lover
There are a lot of players to hate, Brooks isn’t one of them in my eyes. He’s a good kid, level headed, no ego, he hasn’t eventuated but hate is a bit strong of a word for me. There are a lot more reasons for the Tigers improvement other than Brooks not playing. I’ll admit Walters played really well last night but I did feel sorry for Brooks, getting a run so late that he overplayed his hand trying to keep his spot. I think Brooks really needs pairing with dominant players in the halves and the 9 but I don’t think he’s dominant enough to make a good 9. I may be wrong but if the 9 is his future, I can’t see him getting much time there while Grant is on the scene. The bench space can be filled more effectively. I would have liked to have seen him come on for Grant last night rather than Walters.