What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 14 vs Sea Eagles @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 14: Knights v Sea Eagles

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rodney Rude

Juniors
I really hope the boys turn up with the same intensity shown last week. Manly are still more than capable of an ambush so they have to be ready for that.

Knight76

Juniors
Consistently plod.

Anyway, he is getting his chance now. Last chance really, its perform or back to the real nrl.

Burwood

Bench
He’s pretty much the exact type of player Brown referred to as being selected because there was literally no one else to pick. The only reason he’s seen first grade this year is because players like Saifiti, Glasby and Saulo have been unavailable.

Old dog

Juniors
Think we undersold King, yes he isn’t 1sts material on a regular basis but gives his all and a little bit in his favour he is LOCAL. Unless we are prepared to pay big money to fill his spot, 1 or 2 from regular 1st grade he is ok until we bring through another young up and comer. Not sure Saulo fits the bill but if he does King is gone. It’s simply a case of what we have, how good are they and can we afford them, apparently we have young ones in the waiting room but time will tell.
We don’t need to spend money on forwards no matter who is leaving or staying, we have Klemmer, Dan, Jacob, Friz, Guerra (if he stays), Barnett, Sione, Fitz Along with a few very young up and coming forwards. We have a backline 1-5 that is playing strong and going well, so long Moga, with a pretty good 7 who will be better if we sign 6 for 2021. Add to that young players such as Crossland, Hoy, Toa, Sasagi and others I can’t think of at this time.
Do we need to sign anyone else or just improve our current thinking, play to our ability and win games we should.
If we had won two games, Dogs and cows we are up with the best, need I say more.

Haffa

I don’t think King has been undersold. He was incredibly poor for a very long time. He seems to be going ok at the moment playing a reduced role which is fine with me.

giving your all isn’t worth much as a forward if you can’t even break the defence

Knight Vision

First Grade
Think we undersold King, yes he isn’t 1sts material on a regular basis but gives his all and a little bit in his favour he is LOCAL. Unless we are prepared to pay big money to fill his spot, 1 or 2 from regular 1st grade he is ok until we bring through another young up and comer. Not sure Saulo fits the bill but if he does King is gone. It’s simply a case of what we have, how good are they and can we afford them, apparently we have young ones in the waiting room but time will tell.
We don’t need to spend money on forwards no matter who is leaving or staying, we have Klemmer, Dan, Jacob, Friz, Guerra (if he stays), Barnett, Sione, Fitz Along with a few very young up and coming forwards. We have a backline 1-5 that is playing strong and going well, so long Moga, with a pretty good 7 who will be better if we sign 6 for 2021. Add to that young players such as Crossland, Hoy, Toa, Sasagi and others I can’t think of at this time.
Do we need to sign anyone else or just improve our current thinking, play to our ability and win games we should.
If we had won two games, Dogs and cows we are up with the best, need I say more.
The simple question regarding 25 yr old King is " would he be in the Roosters or Storm squad " ?

If the answer is no then he shouldnt be in ours. Unless we accept mediocrity and dont have ambitions to win a Premiership.

King will be 26 yrs old by the start of next season, and couldnt crack a regular gig in a team winning wooden spoons. Saulo is young and raw, has some aggression in him and sounds a very ambitious and determined young man.....he could be anything.

I'd like to see how this Momoisea kid goes, AOB is turning him from prop into a second rower.

Latest posts