What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 14 vs Sea Eagles @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 14: Knights v Sea Eagles

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joel-22

Juniors
Pearce often takes the wrong options in attack, but I will not have that he is poor defensively.

As for his attack, he'll come good. I'm convinced we need to sign Green for next season though, that's how we'll get the best out of Pearce, Ponga and the rest of the team. I think it's easy to forget how much Brailey will add as well

Burwood

Bench
A lot of Pearce’s missed tackles are from rushing up in defense and trying to put pressure on the ball carrier coming out from deep in their own end. Barnett is the same.

You don’t often see them doing it defending their own tryline or tries coming from their decisions.

Apey

Staff member
Re Crosslands, it's a big call but I'd sooner see him at 6 and Green at 7. I just don't see what Pearce offers right now. I feel he is a liability in many aspects and he should pay for it. How slow and lost he looked during the intercept play really highlights where he's at right now imo.

This feels like some serious straw clutching, and I'm a huge critic of Pearce. It's one of the rare times he's actually been smart. And no, most other teams would not have turned that into a try, that's nonsense. The only intercepts that really get turned into tries are fast wingers on the edge.

I don’t think you are giving Manly enough credit. They were much better than last weeks Tigers.

Also, Green was average yesterday, however that probably doesn’t suit your agenda right?
Lol, calm down a little bit champion... you didn't read the part that said Manly were the better side and deserved to win? Also, Green was indeed ordinary. What agenda are you talking about? I'm calling it as I see it.

Most of your posts give the impression that you want people to disagree with you or something. Chill bro...we're in this sh*tfight together haha!

Still Nutty

Juniors
A lot of Pearce’s missed tackles are from rushing up in defense and trying to put pressure on the ball carrier coming out from deep in their own end. Barnett is the same.

You don’t often see them doing it defending their own tryline or tries coming from their decisions.
I was going to post exactly the same thing....

I often notice Pearce after a kick chase being one of the first to try and pressure the first runner with line speed - some he nails and some he hits and tends to bounce off backwards because he is hitting with pace and not technique to try and halt momentum and drive them back.

Even when he does this, he has usually slowed the ball carrier before the advantage line so that the 2nd and 3rde tacklers can drop them at or before the Advantage line.

Whilst his age is starting to show that he is not the 80 minute player he used to be and he is not perfect, I've never considered him a defensive liability to the team and I'd go as far as to say his defence is one of his strengths compared to most other half backs in the NRL.

And he certainly comes from good stock on the defensive front too...his dad was one of the best pound for pound defenders I've seen and, like his son, had a big motor to do it all day.

Old dog

Juniors
Thinking of Pearce and injury/age catching up I wonder if that is why we are seeing Crossland at 14 for not only the usual cover but for Pearce in case injury/rest break required and to maybe prepare Crossland to play full game at 7 for a game or two before semi’s while Pearce has a break