What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moses Masoe

boardlumps62

Juniors
He played briefly for the Dragons but a knee injury reduced his appearances for us and then he was gone. Just watched a video where the Dragons interview Mose. Touching to watch and good to see him on the road to recovery. We were robbed he could have been good for us just bad luck. But now he got his luck back hope he fully recovers and gets to walk again think he will.

TruSaint

Referee
He played briefly for the Dragons but a knee injury reduced his appearances for us and then he was gone. Just watched a video where the Dragons interview Mose. Touching to watch and good to see him on the road to recovery. We were robbed he could have been good for us just bad luck. But now he got his luck back hope he fully recovers and gets to walk again think he will.

I wish him all the best in his recovery. He wont play footy again. Sadly.

He never got to play 1 game for us.

On 29 June 2015, Masoe signed a two-year contract with the St. George Illawarra Dragons ahead of the start of the 2016 NRL season.[14]

However, an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) knee injury kept Masoe out for the entire 2016 rugby league season. Subsequently in 2017, he was released without having played in a single game for St. George Illawarra.[15]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mose_Masoe

boardlumps62

Juniors
I wish him all the best in his recovery. He wont play footy again. Sadly.

He never got to play 1 game for us.

On 29 June 2015, Masoe signed a two-year contract with the St. George Illawarra Dragons ahead of the start of the 2016 NRL season.[14]

However, an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) knee injury kept Masoe out for the entire 2016 rugby league season. Subsequently in 2017, he was released without having played in a single game for St. George Illawarra.[15]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mose_Masoe
Injured in reserves match whatever it was called I think. Damn

getsmarty

Immortal
Mose Masoe takes first unassisted steps since spinal injury
NRL Premiership
  • September 24, 2020 10:05am
  • by Nic Savage
  • Source: news.com.au
18e82d69780d42a7fe94087785cddb89

Mose Masoe's first unassisted steps since injury.Source: Twitter
Eight months after suffering a serious spinal injury, heartwarming footage has emerged of former NRL player Mose Masoe taking his first unassisted steps.

Masoe represented the Sydney Roosters for three seasons after making his NRL debut in 2010. After a one-year stint with the Penrith Panthers, the forward travelled to England to represent St Helens in the Super League.

Representing the Hull Kingston Rovers, Masoe was rushed to hospital after injuring his spine in an innocuous tackle during a pre-season friendly against Wakefield Trinity in January.

Round 20
The 31-year-old was left paralysed from the chest down, and there were genuine fears he would never walk again.

786976_640x360_large_20200924095211.jpg

Mose's first unaided steps

0:23

Following nearly three months in a hospital bed, there were promising signs for the New Zealander when he regained feeling in his legs in April.

Speaking to Hull Live in July, Masoe cheekily conceded: “They say your spinal cord is like a motorway and my cord is like a one-way street at the moment.’’

But Masoe’s recovery reached new heights after a video of his first unassisted steps went viral on social media this week.

This is incredible @MoseMasoe

— David Riccio (@DaveRic1) September 23, 2020
Masoe told ITV news: “That was pretty terrifying at first, just because it’s a bit different when you’re walking outside. There’s concrete, and if you fall over, you’re going to get quite hurt.

“I always thought maybe after 12 months I’ll probably be walking with one stick, and that’s what I had in my head. But I just attacked it like any other injury I’ve ever had.

“You have to put in the time in rehab, and the small steps will get you there.

Masoe welcomed his fourth child this year, and the Samoa representative recently proposed to his long-term girlfriend.

“One of the biggest things I wanted to do was just to hold my son and to nurture him like any other dad, and I’m able to do that now,’ Masoe said. “I’m just happy I can be that dad.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/8def4a4f0cc09fa980764a522eab62a1

Latest posts