What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilkenny

Coach
If we can’t retain Tamou there’s no reason to think Hetherington will be playing regular first grade. He was sixth in the prop rotation this year, he’ll likely only get game time if there’s an injury.

I’m simply saying IMO that I believe Jack can do the job that Tamou currently does and given Jacks age, potential etc maybe even better. At the end of the day, it is up to Jack I guess, if he stays and Tamou leaves.

Kilkenny

Coach
Even if Tamou goes Hetherington is still 5th choice prop. Maybe 6 if Martin makes the move

Maybe, I personally don’t see it that way. Runs on the board. If we can’t retain Tamou I personally don’t see why Jack can’t force his way into our starting prop that Tamou currently occupies. He is coming into his prime, supremely fit, capable of big minutes and I see SOO potential in him. He just needs to be unleashed. Again this is my opinion only and I accept many don’t share my view.

Jane Murray

Bench
Maybe, I personally don’t see it that way. Runs on the board. If we can’t retain Tamou I personally don’t see why Jack can’t force his way into our starting prop that Tamou currently occupies. He is coming into his prime, supremely fit, capable of big minutes and I see SOO potential in him. He just needs to be unleashed. Again this is my opinion only and I accept many don’t share my view.
It would be preferable, if Spencer Leniu takes James's spot.

franklin2323

Immortal

You also rate Leota. So what has he done wrong? Surely he starts with Tetevano/Leinu bench.

Leaving Hetherington and the a new guy as backups

Kilkenny

Coach
You also rate Leota. So what has he done wrong? Surely he starts with Tetevano/Leinu bench.

Leaving Hetherington and the a new guy as backups

Leota has done nothing wrong I think he has been fantastic.

I am simply saying if Tamou cannot be retained we are in a very healthy position of having 5 quality front rowers for the four positions in our 17.

We need quality back ups, ideally we need 6 quality front rowers so if Tamou leaves we are probably still one short.

Panther Pete

Juniors
For all the talk around his ill discipline Jack Hetherington has more upside than almost anyone you could throw up to bring in as a recruit. If we can’t retain Tamou I think Jack steps straight into the job, offers the same as Tamou only younger and is yet to really hit his peak. For me it is a no brainer we just need to show faith in Hetherington and I have no doubt he will deliver even if there may be a risk of an unfortunate suspension along the way.
I agree 100%. After watching Tetevano, Spencer, Leota and JFH last night I reckon we get Jack back we can get by without Tamou.

franklin2323

Immortal
Leota has done nothing wrong I think he has been fantastic.

I am simply saying if Tamou cannot be retained we are in a very healthy position of having 5 quality front rowers for the four positions in our 17.

We need quality back ups, ideally we need 6 quality front rowers so if Tamou leaves we are probably still one short.

There will be no shortage of cheap depth props to sign. Them and wingers are easy to find

franklin2323

Immortal
We could have kept Kaide Ellis for depth. Seriously have a look at those off contract there isn’t much available on minimal dollars?

He wouldn't of played this year was off contract anyway. Can always re-sign him if we don't find an older head

Luke Bowden

First Grade
You are reading things which are not there. Spencer played 26 minutes, for over 160 metres. That is impressive. Spencer needs to be in the side next year. With James goes, if he does, there is replacements.

What? I’m sure he’ll be on the bench, but there is no way he’s ready to replace James Tamou.
He needs to able to play at least 40mins a games make 30 odd tackles and run for 150m.

Week in week out.

It takes a few seasons to get up to that level.

Jack Heatherington is a lot closer to that than Spencer.

Abacus

Juniors
I think 1 of the keys in determining prop rotation needs to be differing body types. If we send out 3-4 of the same build in a hame, it makes it easier for the defence (tackling heights, where the ball is likely to be, etc). With the props we have, Tamou & Hetherington are "unique".

So if Tamou leaves, or even if he re-signs for 2 years, I think Hetherington should be retained. Then we need another prop/middle as we won't always have as good a run with injuries to props as we've had this year (touch wood).

Jane Murray

Bench
What? I’m sure he’ll be on the bench, but there is no way he’s ready to replace James Tamou.
He needs to able to play at least 40mins a games make 30 odd tackles and run for 150m.

Week in week out.

It takes a few seasons to get up to that level.

Jack Heatherington is a lot closer to that than Spencer.

I don't think he will. I think Spencer will be in reserves. Jack is a hot head. He was suspended, twice, this season.

Jane Murray

Bench
He’ll figure that out. Ivan has said he is working with Jack on that. Once he does, he and Fish will dominate packs.

Good luck with that. If Tamou leaves, there is adequate replacements. Leniu should be in the side for the remainder of this year, and next year. He is a top talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.