What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
FMD whoever said the law is an ass, was spot on. That D who was investigating the William Tyrrell disappearance has lost his career because ...

Jubelin’s lawyer Margaret Cunneen SC said he did not breach the elderly man’s privacy during the first three phone recordings, because the NSW Supreme Court had already issued warrants that allowed police to install listening devices in his home.

The fourth tape was made in December 2018 when Mr Savage invited Jubelin into his home after the warrants had expired.

I get that technically the bunker made the right call, but does the punishment fit the crime here ?

Happy MEel

First Grade
Fall from grace of sorts as I watched Tepai plod it up at inside centre this arvo in the Shute Shield As his Western Sydney Two Blues got towelled up by the Rats 58-15.

FMD whoever said the law is an ass, was spot on. That D who was investigating the William Tyrrell disappearance has lost his career because ...

Jubelin’s lawyer Margaret Cunneen SC said he did not breach the elderly man’s privacy during the first three phone recordings, because the NSW Supreme Court had already issued warrants that allowed police to install listening devices in his home.

The fourth tape was made in December 2018 when Mr Savage invited Jubelin into his home after the warrants had expired.

I get that technically the bunker made the right call, but does the punishment fit the crime here ?

This guy resigned from the police force well before he was convicted of this offence (i.e. after he was chucked off the case pending an internal investigation), and is now spruiking his tell-all book. The court decision has nothing to do with him losing his job.

Suitman

Post Whore
Jubelin wasn't all he was, or has been made out to be in the media, using the William Tyrell case.
Hence, why his appeals have failed.
Smoke...…..fire.
There are reasons why he is where he now is.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Pretty stupid for a senior police officer to try to unlawfully record conversations, anyway - they would be inadmissible as evidence, and not worth anything.

Sure, Jubelin broke the law, and should be punished - but I reckon everything has been made out to be worse than it is.

A nice demotion, with no view to a promotion for a set period of time, would have been sufficient penalty, imo.

After all - the ultimate goal is to find out what happened to that poor, little lad.

Gronk

Staff member
Pretty stupid for a senior police officer to try to unlawfully record conversations, anyway - they would be inadmissible as evidence, and not worth anything.

Sure, Jubelin broke the law, and should be punished - but I reckon everything has been made out to be worse than it is.

A nice demotion, with no view to a promotion for a set period of time, would have been sufficient penalty, imo.

After all - the ultimate goal is to find out what happened to that poor, little lad.

From what I can assess, he was not a bad cop. He might have cut a few corners, but his work in Strike Force Rosann was 24/7 and was just trying to find poor William. I can imagine how an internal investigation into him for a matter that was indisputable would have been both embarrassing and stressful. The fact that he wrote a book since his resignation is irrelevant. If these charges were not laid (following a complaint from that Savage merkin’s counsel) he’d still be working on the case.

84 Baby

Referee

I recommend his book but I reckon he done f**ked up

84 Baby

Referee
From what I can assess, he was not a bad cop. He might have cut a few corners, but his work in Strike Force Rosann was 24/7 and was just trying to find poor William. I can imagine how an internal investigation into him for a matter that was indisputable would have been both embarrassing and stressful. The fact that he wrote a book since his resignation is irrelevant. If these charges were not laid (following a complaint from that Savage merkin’s counsel) he’d still be working on the case.
Better that 10 guilty people go free than 1 innocent person goes to jail

Eelementary

Post Whore

It's all a shame.

I totally understand - you're a police officer, and you bend the law to try to solve the case, and you simply can't do that.

But personally, I would rather the police find the poor little boy, and bend the law, than abide by the law 100%, and never solve the case.

I know it's idealistic of me - but I can't help but feel so sad for little William, and his parents; they deserve to know what happened.

Gronk

Staff member
EiRm_0UUcAIpKgr

Latest posts