What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 vs Storm

Maddragon99

Juniors
Honestly, what a f**king great statement from Bellamy. Masterclass in Coaching.
Any BOLD changes made by DY have been trumped by Bellamy big time.

1. Rests lots (12) of his players before the finals.
2. Bloods or gives more game time to as many others as possible when a real and logical opportunity exists (like the huge opportunity we had for the last 2 weeks).

And here we are playing Aitken, Friz for ZERO benefit.

Well played Mr Bellamy, already a few lengths in-front before kick off regardless of the result.

And if Storm actually win, FMD.

Come on mate be reasonable. Aitken’s been at Saints since he was a kid & Frizell has given us his best 8yrs. Remember him playing with busted nut sack last year?

they both deserve to go out winners at Kogarah.

hazzbeen

Bench
Honestly, what a f**king great statement from Bellamy. Masterclass in Coaching.
Any BOLD changes made by DY have been trumped by Bellamy big time.

1. Rests lots (12) of his players before the finals.
2. Bloods or gives more game time to as many others as possible when a real and logical opportunity exists (like the huge opportunity we had for the last 2 weeks).

And here we are playing Aitken, Friz for ZERO benefit.

Well played Mr Bellamy, already a few lengths in-front before kick off regardless of the result.

And if Storm actually win, FMD.
They will .....

be55

Juniors
Good to see Jayden get his debut...i'm glad it will be against a Storm side that will be missing a lot of their big names...not that he lacks confidence but it might ease the nerves a little, for him, with them not having their big names out there...

Having watched him closely, i truly believe we have a future star on our hands as long as he can handle the step up to playing against men. I could be wrong but i honestly believe the sky is the limit for this kid.

Hope he does a good job on Sunday but whatever he does he'll be improved by the run for next year.

One thing i know is that this kid would have more talent, more desire and more passion for Rugby League in his little finger, than Corey Norman would have in his whole body.

Hopefully after the game on Sunday the future looks a little brighter for all of us Dragons fans...

possm

Coach
Come on mate be reasonable. Aitken’s been at Saints since he was a kid & Frizell has given us his best 8yrs. Remember him playing with busted nut sack last year?

I would have liked Aitken to be sent packing years ago. Yes I will celebrate is departure. However, I am very sorry to see Frizell go. It will be hard replacing him at a time when we need quality forwards.

The Badger

Juniors
Absolutely great. Just love the enthusiasm the youth will bring to the squad. The new coaches will be able to nurture them and ensure their futures are taken care of, I am sure.
If nothing changes ,nothing changes.Such a relief to see this younger brigade come in.This needed to be done a long time ago.Lomax and Ramsay are perfect examples.Puzzled why Max isnt in the centres to replace Aitken and Jordan on wing .That would have completed the changes to the backline..About time Tariq came off bench where he might get stirred up and have impact instead of just running along and falling over..Pretty much need a new pack .Thats where the money needs to be spent.They dont need to be flashy stars,we already have them in the backline.They need to be rock solid defenders,fit and positive.Watch the energy change without the two million dollar stone kickers.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
For the first time in 50 odd years of following the Dragons I was pleased to hear of one of our boys being suspended. And our highest paid player at that! Now at least we will get a glimpse of Sullivan and have a chance to see Clune with the opportunity to be more in control.

I had no problems with Young sticking to the side which beat the Eels for his first game. It was close to their best for the season. But since then he has wasted several opportunities to make a contribution to the Dragons' long road to recovery. A pity this team was not chosen 3-4 weeks back. Choosing Sullivan and Blacker now is welcome but smacks a little of Mary's one game for Hutch in the penultimate round of 2016. They get only the one game(Blacker, a few minutes in the Mary tradition?) without the opportunity to feel more comfortable in a second nor the chance to implement what they might learn from their debuts.

True_Believer

Juniors
Not so all of us fans understand the debutants are underdone but are very excited to see what raw talent they have.

It would have been much better if this team was announced directly after Mary's departure.

You obviously haven't read some of the posts.

ALSGI

Bench

No mate disagree.

I’ve actually been one of the Aitken supporters over the years, especially Friz but despite the hindsight it’s not about them, they honestly don’t deserve a thing as far as I’m concerned.

Extremely well paid individuals.

They don’t deserve a last hooray at the expense of more prudent and strategic selections. They’re not hero's or club legends. Admire both for their efforts and have never questioned effort. I wont go into their performances or worth to our team.

I’d sit them out for some blooding any day of the week over a ‘farewell’. They’re well paid and wont hurt much if they miss a game ... before they’re playing for their new clubs...... gone missing in plenty of games and hadn’t hurt them.

Wish them the best, both tried hard imo.

But they don’t deserve a f**king thing over our future players.

Maddragon99

Juniors
You obviously haven't read some of the posts.

It’s been a awful year which ever way you look at it. But we’ve got a real chance to beat Melbourne, finish the year with a win at home & send out some boys winners. Young, Aitken & Frizell deserve to go out winners plus Host Is unsigned so this might be his last game as well.

Love to see the ball thrown out wide whenever possible so we can see the kids burn holes in Melbourne’s defence!

tumbidragon

First Grade
No mate disagree.

I’ve actually been one of the Aitken supporters over the years, especially Friz but despite the hindsight it’s not about them, they honestly don’t deserve a thing as far as I’m concerned.

Extremely well paid individuals.

They don’t deserve a last hooray at the expense of more prudent and strategic selections. They’re not hero's or club legends. Admire both for their efforts and have never questioned effort. I wont go into their performances or worth to our team.

I’d sit them out for some blooding any day of the week over a ‘farewell’. They’re well paid and wont hurt much if they miss a game ... before they’re playing for their new clubs...... gone missing in plenty of games and hadn’t hurt them.

Wish them the best, both tried hard imo.

But they don’t deserve a f**king thing over our future players.
This. For a club that disrespected Soward the way it did, who absolutely loved this club and put in, why should Euan and Friz get a send-off? I like Friz, but he has given 0 f**ks most the year. And Euan has never, ever been anywhere near what a NRL standard centre should be...

ALSGI

Bench
It’s been a awful year which ever way you look at it. But we’ve got a real chance to beat Melbourne, finish the year with a win at home & send out some boys winners. Young, Aitken & Frizell deserve to go out winners plus Host Is unsigned so this might be his last game as well.

Love to see the ball thrown out wide whenever possible so we can see the kids burn holes in Melbourne’s defence!
Mate I like your posts but this notion of ‘they deserve’ is wrong. They get very well paid and deserve nothing more unless they have done or have been part of something remarkable. None of our current BOD, staff and players deserve anything and some should probably hand some cash back.

possm

Coach

If the goal was to send them out a winner, surely one of the easier games over the last 6 weeks was the time to do it.