What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 vs Storm

Maddragon99

Juniors
No mate disagree.

I’ve actually been one of the Aitken supporters over the years, especially Friz but despite the hindsight it’s not about them, they honestly don’t deserve a thing as far as I’m concerned.

Extremely well paid individuals.

They don’t deserve a last hooray at the expense of more prudent and strategic selections. They’re not hero's or club legends. Admire both for their efforts and have never questioned effort. I wont go into their performances or worth to our team.

I’d sit them out for some blooding any day of the week over a ‘farewell’. They’re well paid and wont hurt much if they miss a game ... before they’re playing for their new clubs...... gone missing in plenty of games and hadn’t hurt them.

Wish them the best, both tried hard imo.

But they don’t deserve a f**king thing over our future players.

Fair enough mate you’re entitled to your view. In any case let’s rip Melbourne a new one & send them packing.

Maddragon99

Juniors
This. For a club that disrespected Soward the way it did, who absolutely loved this club and put in, why should Euan and Friz get a send-off? I like Friz, but he has given 0 f**ks most the year. And Euan has never, ever been anywhere near what a NRL standard centre should be...

The world isn’t fair mate, not everyone gets the fairytale ending.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Mate I like your posts but this notion of ‘they deserve’ is wrong. They get very well paid and deserve nothing more unless they have done or have been part of something remarkable. None of our current BOD, staff and players deserve anything and some should probably hand some cash back.

I suppose the compromise would have been to pick Aitken on the bench & start both Feagai boys at wing & centre

Let Aitken come on for the final 20 mins & rip in.

Mjab

Juniors
Thats the side that shoulda been picked 4 weeks ago negative Euan, with Fegai at centre and Rav4 on the wing. Any idea wht Sailor is so out of favour at the club?
Hasn’t been given go all year really
Not sure if he pissed off Mary and Deano
Not sure if they just decided he isn’t wanted

good in attack , weak in defence but probably better than what Norman has dished up this year

they should have dropped norman months ago and shown him his NRL career is over here so the onus is on him and his agent to go elsewhere

Sailor will definitely be somewhere else next season

LINESPEED

Juniors
The world isn’t fair mate, not everyone gets the fairytale ending.

Turnstile’s wake at No3

Max’ll have to go lookin’ for the ball

Well finally this’ll be the last hurrah of “Mateship #101”

...That so devastated our Club

And McDeano’s goin’ down swingin’
...with the mate who took ‘em both down

A fitting end to 2020
...with poetic justice allround!

BTW
Healy never got his Brisbane sendoff -

... as the future in the form of Gilchrist was irresistible

Mjab

Juniors
I think Fritz deserves not to be dropped he puts in 100 % every week
I suspect knights will get more out of him than we have
Very poor coaching and game plan at least
Last few years just a battering ram and pretty useless in attack for us
I don’t know why he always cut back in centre where other forwards deal with him easily . Blind Freddy can see that so why can’t peanut and co or even Fritz himself understand this ?
Last few weeks he has ran wider and been a bit more effective
He has to take some responsibility for this too

also no one to replace him with anyway
Better coaching and game plan would have been better and will be missed in the end I suspect

as for Turnstile he should have been dropped like Lafai months ago
He might try hard but not a NRL level centre, EVER
A local junior , so what
Can’t defend , can’t pass
These are things he and coaching staff needed to correct , never happened
Again any decent or high level player needs to have some insight to keep improving their game
Nothing from him though

LINESPEED

Juniors
Hasn’t been given go all year really
Not sure if he pissed off Mary and Deano
Not sure if they just decided he isn’t wanted

good in attack , weak in defence but probably better than what Norman has dished up this year

they should have dropped norman months ago and shown him his NRL career is over here so the onus is on him and his agent to go elsewhere

Sailor will definitely be somewhere else next season

Too much show biz distraction connected to the Sailors
As per Mundine

Gareth67

First Grade
Have just now checked the odds for the game . Storm are at $2.00 to win , whereas our beloved Dragons are at the astounding odds of only $1.80 .

It’s good to see that our team for once has shorter odds than Melbourne , but my oh my , is it not embarrassing to realize that they are sending out a team of C.Cuppers .

Surely our mob can bring themselves together for this one game - the final match of the season and also for Tyson Frizzell last game for the club and send the man out on a high .

Last edited:

tumbidragon

First Grade
Have just now checked the odds for the game . Storm are at $1.80 to win , whereas our beloved Dragons are at the astounding odds of only $2.00 to win .

Bellamy must be resting his entire top 17 or perhaps he will be sending Cameron Smith out onto the field only ? ?
Dragons were paying 9 quid earlier. Which one of you crafty buggers got on? Dogs would still be decent value.

Crush

Coach
Have just now checked the odds for the game . Storm are at $2.00 to win , whereas our beloved Dragons are at the astounding odds of only $1.80 .

It’s good to see that our team for once has shorter odds than Melbourne , but my oh my , is it not embarrassing to realize that they are sending out a team of C.Cuppers .

Surely our mob can bring themselves together for this one game - the final match of the season and also for Tyson Frizzell last game for the club and send the man out on a high .
Take a good look at the two team lists.
I have no doubt in my mind that Storm will win and will win very very comfortably.

getsmarty

Immortal
tl_web.jpg

TEAM LISTS

Presented By

NRL team announcement: Round 20 v Storm
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 22 Sep 2020, 03:57 PM

St George Illawarra interim coach Dean Young has named his mandatory 21-man squad ahead of the Dragons' Round 20 clash against the Melbourne Storm at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Kogarah on Sunday, September 27.

On top of Red V Members Appreciation Round, the Dragons will celebrate the debuts of Jayden Sullivan (St George Illawarra player #237) and Eddie Blacker (#238) against the Storm.

Sullivan and Blacker replace reserves-bound Corey Norman and Tyrell Fuimaono at five-eighth and on the interchange respectively.

Adam Clune (hamstring) replaces Ben Hunt (suspended/hip) at halfback. Hunt's hip complaint is not severe and will not rule him out of State of Origin if selected.

Centre Euan Aitken (hamstring) and back-rower Jacob Host (calf) are the other new faces in the team at the expense of Brayden Wiliame and Jordan Pereira, who are also named in the reserves.

Clune, Sullivan and Aitken's inclusions will see the Dragons run out against the Storm with a backline made up of players entirely from our junior representative pathways system.

2020_membersweek_fb.jpg

NRL squad for Round 20 v Melbourne Storm –
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Max Feagai – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
3. Euan Aitken – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Cody Ramsey – sponsored by Nutrition Station
6. Jayden Sullivan – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
7. Adam Clune – sponsored by Baytek Construction
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by SMAI
9. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox Property
11. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Modus Projects
12. Jacob Host – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
13. Jackson Ford – sponsored by Bodytech Fitness

Interchange:
14. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
15. Kaide Ellis – sponsored by TripADeal
16. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
17. Eddie Blacker – sponsored by Trendline
18. Brayden Wiliame
19. Corey Norman – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
20. Jordan Pereira – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
21. Tyrell Fuimaono

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/09/22/nrl-team-announcement-round-20-v-storm/

getsmarty

Immortal
frizellt-200712_gt_0.jpg

GAME DAY

Game day guide: Round 20 v Storm
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 22 Sep 2020, 11:58 AM

The St George Illawarra Dragons will face the Melbourne Storm at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Kogarah on Sunday, September 27 (4pm). This is your game day guide.

Dedication to our lifeblood
2020 has been a challenging year for the Dragons on and off the field, but the support our Red V members have provided us throughout cannot be questioned.

While we might not have shown our appreciation on the paddock at different times throughout 2020, we are indebted to the continued and unwavering loyalty and dedication of our 15,771 members who stuck by us through an uncertain year for society as a whole.

Our final round game against the Melbourne Storm on Sunday, September 27 at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium is dedicated to our lifeblood, our Red V members.

The Dragons' Members Appreciation Round will see a number of prizes and unique experiences offered to our Red V members throughout the coming week so keep an eye out on social media channels.

2020_membersweek_fb.jpg

The sweet irony
While we love our Red V members, it's not always possible for them to attend every game.

We love nothing more than a packed house at our home games though so it's nice to know that for the first time in 2020 the general public will be allowed to purchase tickets to our Round 20 game.

Tickets will go on sale to the public at 3pm on Wednesday – stay tuned to the game day guide updates and our social media channels to get the appropriate Ticketek links.

Farewell long-term Dragons
Sunday will be the 164th and final game of Tyson Frizell's illustrious career at the St George Illawarra before he heads to the Newcastle Knights

A 12-game NRL rookie upon joining the club, Frizell has grown to become one of the highest profile players in the game, thanks partly to the enforcer role he has played for the Red V, New South Wales and Australia in recent years.

Frizell will be joined on the departure list by Warriors-bound centre Euan Aitken who will play his 121st game for the Red V. Make sure you get to the game to farewell these two departing Dragons.

Two debuts!
Our last game of the year on Sunday will be the first in the careers of Jayden Sullivan and Eddie Blacker.

Both Sullivan (19 years-old) and Blacker (20 years-old) have been on the verge of making their debut for a number of weeks after impressing on the training paddock and diligently chipping away at their craft in an unusual season without lower grade footy.

Blacker, weighing in at 116kg and standing 195cm, will make his debut off the bench while the promising prospect of Jayden Sullivan will start the match at five-eighth in place of Corey Norman.

1608 games
That’s how many games of experience the Storm will be missing when they take to Netstrata Jubilee Stadium.

Veteran hooker Cameron Smith, five-eighth Cameron Munster, and prop Nelson Asofa-Solomona, are only a few of the big names to drop from the Melbourne side which also features two debutants and a new captain.

Ryan Papenhuyzen will captain the team while Ricky Leutele and Aaron Pene make their debuts.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/09/22/game-day-guide-round-20-v-storm/