What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 vs Storm

Dea

Juniors
Be good to see what Sullivan and Clune can serve up as we know our highly paid Hunt and Norman pairing is not NRL standard. I feel sorry for Max. Playing outside of Aitkin he won’t receive any ball. Maybe they could bench aitkin at some stage to give our young guys a real go?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I'm really looking forward to this game. In part there's a sense of closure, the regime that has brought us to this point ends on Sunday. Come Monday a new chapter will begin. In some bizarre way we have survived, we are still here, we are still the Dragons.

Add to this we get to see a glimpse of what our future looks like with Clune and Sullivan in the halves, young Feagai and Ramsey on the wings and Lomax gunning the right centre position. That backline (inc Dufty) has me excited just to see these youngsters bouncing around with energy, skill and pace. Yes, they'll make errors etc so let's not hang them out to dry.

Our forwards need a lot of work, and whilst it's sad to see Friz depart, we get to see what Blacker brings, that itself is another positive. If the rumours are true re: Host then that to is disappointing but good fortune for him as he will join Sele and Masters there at the Rabbits.

I think this game will be closer than what people imagine.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I'm really looking forward to this game. In part there's a sense of closure, the regime that has brought us to this point ends on Sunday. Come Monday a new chapter will begin. In some bizarre way we have survived, we are still here, we are still the Dragons.

Add to this we get to see a glimpse of what our future looks like with Clune and Sullivan in the halves, young Feagai and Ramsey on the wings and Lomax gunning the right centre position. That backline (inc Dufty) has me excited just to see these youngsters bouncing around with energy, skill and pace. Yes, they'll make errors etc so let's not hang them out to dry.

Our forwards need a lot of work, and whilst it's sad to see Friz depart, we get to see what Blacker brings, that itself is another positive. If the rumours are true re: Host then that to is disappointing but good fortune for him as he will join Sele and Masters there at the Rabbits.

I’m happy he went with these two, thought he’d go Norman/Sullivan. Two very small halves but our most skilful 2 for sure. On Sullivan, I honestly don’t even care if he doesn’t setup one try. I will be more happy if he doesn’t look totally out of his depth physically. Will be good to see him get 80 minutes in so he doesn’t have to rush things and can hopefully build into the game.

Mary tried Aitken at wing but it never worked. It would be perfect for him. We can use him as an extra forward and he doesn’t have to pass. Still would probably cut back in with the line open though.
I agree Aitken is a stumbling block. While it is good to see young players given a go, it has to obvious that Melbourne have named a mainly reserve grade side, so it won't be a fair comparison as if they were playing a seasoned first grade team.

rasaint

Juniors
Hi All,

It will be good to see some new faces but don’t expect too much. Due to virus new faces are not ‘match fit’.

Anyway, will be interesting to watch. The halves are small so expect Clune and Sullivan to get tested hard.

possm

Coach

Yes exciting times ahead but the cleanout won't be complete until Doust and Craig Young get the marching orders from the Board.

On the player front, I think we could do very well with an experienced and talented fullback such as RTS at the back. Griffin knows what he can do and will sort out the squad.

kit66

Bench

Love the sentiment mate but unless Bellyache decides to rest a few stars it's going to be a long afternoon. The Storm will want to finish the regular season with a real statement to their finals opponents and we're the unlucky ones to face them last round.
Having said that I'm pumped for 2021, can't come soon enough.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Yes exciting times ahead but the cleanout won't be complete until Doust and Craig Young get the marching orders from the Board.

On the player front, I think we could do very well with an experienced and talented fullback such as RTS at the back. Griffin knows what he can do and will sort out the squad.

RTS has already recommitted to the Warriors for next year.

redv13

Bench
We really should win this game. If we rip in and give it one last effort we can at least send Friz, Aitken off the right way and introduce the team song to Ramsey, Feagai, Sullivan and Blacker to go into pre season in the right way.
You’re right.... but we won’t. Even the storm young guns are too good for our rabble of 2020. One last kick in the balls i am predicting. Resting 12 players and we will still look ordinary

Storm paying $2 to win. Bet of the year.

We have no answer to Papenhausen's speed and support running. And Tom Eisenhuth's power running through our forwards for 60 - 80 minutes instead of 30 minutes off the bench will be impossible for our forwards to stop. And then the guile and wily Brandon Smith at dummyhalf, I am loading up on that $2.

Maddragon99

Juniors
I agree Aitken is a stumbling block. While it is good to see young players given a go, it has to obvious that Melbourne have named a mainly reserve grade side, so it won't be a fair comparison as if they were playing a seasoned first grade team.

I’ve been thinking about Aitken, he should be on the bench with both Feagai boys playing. Aitken could come on got a run with 10mins to go