What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd20 Parra v Tigers GAME DAY thread (26/9/20)

Happy MEel

First Grade
giphy.gif

Noise

Coach
Do we realistically want to win this game? Just asking, many of you will come at me for asking which is ok, but who really thinks we can beat Storm in Queensland?
Much rather Panthers in Sydney
If we lose and raiders win we have an elimination game against the Sharks.

Chipmunk

Coach
This is probably the most intriguing day of the NRL season.

What do the Sharks get out of turning up and beating the Faids Reserve Grade Team? But surely that team the Faids will put on the paddock today can't beat the Sharks?

If that game goes as expected and the Sharks beat Faids Reserve Grade Team, then what do we get out of beating a Tigpies collectively motivated to send out Bunji and Lawrence as winners? A date with the Storm at Suncorp! How did that work out last time we played them there? How has all our previous Finals matches against the Storm ended?

Given the result last night, I'd suggest our mindset will be f**ked with...if the Faids upset the Sharks today I can see our mindset being completed f**ked over and potentially a catastrophic capitulation occuring.

Surely we just take the hit today, rest a few throughout the match, and give the guys on the bench plenty of game time. We have nothing to gain by winning if the Sharks do their job for us.

TheParraboy

Staff member
My fear - Canberra lose

Our intensity may be out the window, and tigers (like Souths) go on a rampage

emjaycee

Coach
Much rather play the Storm in the first week of finals where if beaten we get a second go. Week 2 would probably us v Bunnies or Knights (assuming Storm beat us) and I would rather that than Raiders in week 2.
However because I am not a mediocre accepting Eels supporter like the rest of you, I expect nothing less than a win today, a win next week and then a week off.

Pazza

First Grade
Love to see Oregon start today. He's had a good season, a start would be a good reward and an opportunity to show BA and O'Neill he's a top 4 prop in this side for 2021.

Mr Parramatta

Juniors
Much rather play the Storm in the first week of finals where if beaten we get a second go. Week 2 would probably us v Bunnies or Knights (assuming Storm beat us) and I would rather that than Raiders in week 2.
However because I am not a mediocre accepting Eels supporter like the rest of you, I expect nothing less than a win today, a win next week and then a week off.

You are a supporter without peripheral vision!

Eelementary

Post Whore

I agree.

I don’t get this idea of avoiding the Storm - if we are serious at trying to win this thing, we won't get anywhere by hoping we avoid the truly great teams.

If we are good enough, let's win today, and bring on the Storm next week, with another bite at the cherry, should we fail against Melbourne.

Kornstar

Coach
We need to build on last week, there is no use just turning up tonight and hoping for the best. The Tigers have been a much better half team the last few weeks and blown off the park in the first so i think we need to smash them while they let us and then if they want less intensity in the second half play to protect the lead but imo we must win and we must at least show we have some form for at least 40 minutes, enough to win the game.

I am not fussed if the Tigers score plenty in garbage time, we have bigger and bette things ahead of us this year, they have mad Monday!

Bandwagon

Staff member

Not to mention, playing the Storm week one means win lose or draw, our remaining games will be in Sydney, otherwise if we played Penrith week one and lose,getting to the GF will likely mean travelling to Suncorp to meet the Storm in week three.