What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 1 finals eels v storm Team List Thread

TheParraboy

Staff member
I’m not overly confident

However , if we are gonna have our one great performance in the finals series (and for the last 2 months) and get it bloody right, let it be this game

A win will be massive. Will give us 2 weeks to prepare and freshen up and go again for the right to win a game to be in the grand final.

Storm will go the 80 min. So it’s not just a case of doing well first 20. It’s doing well for the 80

Bandwagon

Staff member
I'll gain a lot of confidence if Dylbags is right to go, he's a big part of our defence on that left edge and I reckon that is where his absence has been most telling over the past few weeks.

Even with him though, it's still gonna be a huge ask to go to Brisbane and beat The Storm, you just know they are gonna turn up ready to win any way they can.

Wally21

Bench
I'm probably sleep deprived, and hallucinating, or something, but...

I have a good feeling we will beat Melbourne.

I don't know why - I just have this weird, unjustified confidence that we will beat them....
Geez I hope you’re right Eele. Perhaps that feeling is born out of the fact that when we have been in games this year, even if we were playing like garbage, the boys have found a way to win?
I thought we were gone for all money last night and was filthy with some of the extraordinarily stupid things some of them did, but they still got there in the end.

oldmancraigy

Coach
It would be ironic if Matto missed a game against the Storm due to a crushed charge.

On the flipside, if he does, I would expect the Storm to be 3 players down for their 2nd finals game. That is, if there is any consistency.

84 Baby

Referee
If there was a competition for winning while playing garbage, we’d demolish the field

Gazzamatta

Coach
Hard to see Matto being there Saturday night. Im probably more concerned that he'll be rubbed out for more than The Storm game. Miracles happen but not at Parramatta. Wouldnt be surprised if they found a way to rub Will Smith out as well. After all he did end the career of one of the nrls darlings.

hindy111

Post Whore
Is anyone concerned what Ado carr might do to our wingers? BA may have to think outside box.
As most said Sivo is staying. People on here must notice our back 5 have little ability to break and bust tackles and make 50mtr runs. Blake is the exception.
Looking at all the other sides and you see the young powerful backs are far more damaging. It's to late this season but the backline needs a shake up for sure.
Anyone who think Fergo is still playing good footy and Sivo is quality have rocks in head. Fergo hasn't made a clean break all year. Compare that to the first 15 rnds of last season. Then accept players get old and if drop 10% physically they can go from elite to average.
Sivo has the power. He will run hard twice a game. The rest are little jogs to the line. Throw in his clueless defense and lack of speed and he becomes a liability

Eelementary

Post Whore
It would be ironic if Matto missed a game against the Storm due to a crushed charge.

On the flipside, if he does, I would expect the Storm to be 3 players down for their 2nd finals game. That is, if there is any consistency.

Lol

Expecting professionalism, and consistency, from the NRL...

Now, I know you can't possibly expect that from those amateur wankers...

Tooooks

Bench
Is anyone concerned what Ado carr might do to our wingers? BA may have to think outside box.
As most said Sivo is staying. People on here must notice our back 5 have little ability to break and bust tackles and make 50mtr runs. Blake is the exception.
Looking at all the other sides and you see the young powerful backs are far more damaging. It's to late this season but the backline needs a shake up for sure.
Anyone who think Fergo is still playing good footy and Sivo is quality have rocks in head. Fergo hasn't made a clean break all year. Compare that to the first 15 rnds of last season. Then accept players get old and if drop 10% physically they can go from elite to average.
Sivo has the power. He will run hard twice a game. The rest are little jogs to the line. Throw in his clueless defense and lack of speed and he becomes a liability

He’d be the slowest winger in the comp and he’s regressed this year, still has no idea in defence and it’s a lottery as to whether he’ll take a high ball or not. Then there’s his irritating habit of fart arsing around trying to get a penalty rather than playing the ball quickly.

I’d rather a smaller faster winger, but that won’t happen.

hindy111

Post Whore
He’d be the slowest winger in the comp and he’s regressed this year, still has no idea in defence and it’s a lottery as to whether he’ll take a high ball or not. Then there’s his irritating habit of fart arsing around trying to get a penalty rather than playing the ball quickly.

I’d rather a smaller faster winger, but that won’t happen.

Dunster should of been blooded.
Only option is either Taka or GJ.
I'd try move him and Fergo on
Fergo last year was making 50mtr runs from nothing. He is regressing fast even though he is only 30 he looks shot.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think Taka still adds value to the side, but not in the backs - he was shredded in defence all night last night.

He should be used as a forward, or 5/8, only, imo.

IFR33K

Coach
Fergo last year was making 50mtr runs from nothing. He is regressing fast even though he is only 30 he looks shot.

Yep. Can’t see BA blooding anyone now or making changes. Changes should of happened 8 weeks ago. The two storm wingers will run riot all game.

IFR33K

Coach
I think Taka still adds value to the side, but not in the backs - he was shredded in defence all night last night.

He should be used as a forward, or 5/8, only, imo.

Taka was on a hiding to nothin. When was his last game? How many minutes has he played all year? He may struggle in the forwards.

Tooooks

Bench

I really liked what I saw from Haze in the pre season. The time for blooding him was 4-8 weeks ago. Too late now.

If you’re going to be a 110kg slow winger, you must offer more than good finishing. Fergo tries hard at least.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Taka was on a hiding to nothin. When was his last game? How many minutes has he played all year? He may struggle in the forwards.

Don't get me wrong - I like Taka.

But his mobility, and lack of speed, gets exposed against quicker backs.

The Tigers' right edge tore him apart quite easily.

At least if he plays closer into the middle, he only has to defend against forwards, who are generally slower, and with less agility than backs.

Kornstar

Coach
We are no chance but a showing like 2017 would be good at least we would have something to add to the week after rather than having to try and get up after a massacre!

Latest posts