What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan for Dally M Medal

betcats

Referee
That was a big time performance by Nath last night and I don’t even mean his tries. His ability to step up in a big game when things aren’t really going our way was very impressive. His kicking game was perfect and his defence in that first half in particular was awesome, he impacts the game on both sides and completely controls our attack. Still just 22 and he’s a cool headed general out there, I don’t think anyone expected this from him this year, it’s been a pleasure to watch.

WestyLife

First Grade
That was a big time performance by Nath last night and I don’t even mean his tries. His ability to step up in a big game when things aren’t really going our way was very impressive. His kicking game was perfect and his defence in that first half in particular was awesome, he impacts the game on both sides and completely controls our attack. Still just 22 and he’s a cool headed general out there, I don’t think anyone expected this from him this year, it’s been a pleasure to watch.

For the record I called it.

Fangs

Coach

Have questioned his skillset but not his ability to be present in big moments. In fact he basically always stands up. I can remember a handful of failures which are heavily outweighed by all the good stuff. Fantastic temperament.

One unfortunate side effect of becomming the teams number one playmaker has been his decline in goalkicking. Decline is probably a harsh word to use. But in previous years he has set a stupidly high standard. I think Reynolds has overtaken him as the number one goal kicker. But the trade off is way too good. He still kicks at 80% and our attack is quite dangerous.

tripster

Juniors
One unfortunate side effect of becomming the teams number one playmaker has been his decline in goalkicking. Decline is probably a harsh word to use. But in previous years he has set a stupidly high standard. I think Reynolds has overtaken him as the number one goal kicker. But the trade off is way too good. He still kicks at 80% and our attack is quite dangerous.

I have also noticed the decline in his goal kicking this season, and have been wondering what the cause of that was. I doubt it is extra fatigue due to being the number one play maker (even when he was playing second fiddle to Jimmy he was still out there going flat out the whole game). Perhaps he needs a few sessions with Halligan - but with Halligan not being the bubble it probably hasn't been possible this season. I am sure he will work on it in the off season, I just hope it doesn't cost us a big game.

Fangs

Coach
I have also noticed the decline in his goal kicking this season, and have been wondering what the cause of that was. I doubt it is extra fatigue due to being the number one play maker (even when he was playing second fiddle to Jimmy he was still out there going flat out the whole game). Perhaps he needs a few sessions with Halligan - but with Halligan not being the bubble it probably hasn't been possible this season. I am sure he will work on it in the off season, I just hope it doesn't cost us a big game.

I can't think of any other reason why.

It was always a freakishly high standard he was setting. His action is terriffic, like Reynolds you always feel its going over.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Have questioned his skillset but not his ability to be present in big moments. In fact he basically always stands up. I can remember a handful of failures which are heavily outweighed by all the good stuff. Fantastic temperament.

I noticed Nathans "decline" in goalkicking as well.
He now has this right to left fade in his kicks. He didn't have that last year.

maple_69

Bench
I’d still back him in to spot it from the sideline to win the grand final. I think as you guys have said there’s probably a bit of mental fatigue involved from being the most involved guy in the sport. When he needs it though he is ice. That field goal wouldn’t have been kicked by many but he made it look effortless.

I wonder if it might just be as simple as he’s been spending more time working on other areas of his game? His goal kicking definitely isn’t as good as it was, but if the trade off is improved play elsewhere then it’s worth it.

So I noticed that the point scoring table is still progressing, and that Nathan is currently on top. Does this mean that he still has a chance of taking out the point scoring award? I always thought the point scoring tally was only for the regular season and didn’t include the finals.

Whino

Bench
So I noticed that the point scoring table is still progressing, and that Nathan is currently on top. Does this mean that he still has a chance of taking out the point scoring award? I always thought the point scoring tally was only for the regular season and didn’t include the finals.

For the Dally M's: Top try scorer and point scorer are awarded from games during the regular season.

Apparently Wighton is going to win the Dally M, Cleary third. Story has leaked.

If that’s the case I’d say Luai’s late season form probably cost Nathan.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Apparently Wighton is going to win the Dally M, Cleary third. Story has leaked.

If that’s the case I’d say Luai’s late season form probably cost Nathan.

I'd say the idiots giving out the points cost Nathan. Some of them have no idea.
No way Wighton was best player of the year.