What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan for Dally M Medal

John Hamblin

Juniors
I know Nathan lost 6 points for the Tik Tok saga but he should still be polling very well in the Dally M voting. He could win the Dally M, half back of the year and leading point scorer.!!

Fangs

Coach
If he can’t get the 7 jersey, he’d be a great option as a 14. Could play all of the spine positions, I reckon he could even play all the backline positions.

But no Australian tests this year.

My thoughts as well.

He is well established at halfback now. But he would be an excellent 9. I'd wager he is better than Hunt in the 9 on his best day.

A shame the kangaroos tour was cancelled. Would have been a nice piece of history for a few of our players. I would have Cleary and Korisau very close to selection.

Add in JFH for NZ. Luai and May for Samoa. Kikau for Fiji.

maple_69

Bench
I expect he would have taken the 3 points this weekend and last. I’d say Yeo takes the 3 against the Tits but Cleary could have polled 1 or 2. I’d say he’s on 12 now.

Grant probably didn’t poll in the last 3 and is now out a month. Likely on 13.

Smith Id tip 3 against the Tits and 2 against the Broncs which would leave him at 17 with a few more weeks on the sidelines.

Gutho I think is a bit of a toss up given a few good performers each week for Parra in overall underwhelming wins. I’d guess 3 points has him at 15 with this arvo’s game to come.

Lolo I can’t see taking more than maybe 1 against Manly which would have him at 12 with today’s game to come.

Finally Johnson would have got nuffing from us and at least 2, probably 3 from the Warriors which would have him at 14 with a game to play this arvo.

My guess on current standings:
Smith - 17
Gutho - 15*
Johnson - 14*
Grant - 13
Taumalolo - 12*
Cleary - 12

I’d say Taumalolo will struggle to poll consistently and Grant will be too far back when he gets back. Johnson is a decent shot, although the Sharks have Eels, Roosters, Raiders, Storm and us in their last 9 so I’d be surprised if he kept up.

There may be a handful of other guys that are around the 12 now who could get up there but none are in decent teams so hard to imagine it happening.

Smith and Gutho are definitely the main competition. I think it’ll really come down to how prominent Nath wants to play against the weaker run we have coming up. I think he takes a lot more control in big games.

I’ll try and keep this up to date and see how it looks at the end.

The_Frog

First Grade
If Nathan gets selected for Australia he will join other Penrith Juniors and half backs selected for their country in the last 40 years. Alexander, Hasler and Gower.
It's only a matter of time. DCE is 31 and as Gus says Old Father Time is undefeated.

soc123_au

Staff member
We might have to make do with Coach of the Year, Rookie of the Year (Crichton), halfback, hooker, prop, lock and bench player (May).
They have already engraved the Rookie medal with Harry Grants name. Wont matter if he plays again or not.

maple_69

Bench
I expect he would have taken the 3 points this weekend and last. I’d say Yeo takes the 3 against the Tits but Cleary could have polled 1 or 2. I’d say he’s on 12 now.

Grant probably didn’t poll in the last 3 and is now out a month. Likely on 13.

Smith Id tip 3 against the Tits and 2 against the Broncs which would leave him at 17 with a few more weeks on the sidelines.

Gutho I think is a bit of a toss up given a few good performers each week for Parra in overall underwhelming wins. I’d guess 3 points has him at 15 with this arvo’s game to come.

Lolo I can’t see taking more than maybe 1 against Manly which would have him at 12 with today’s game to come.

Finally Johnson would have got nuffing from us and at least 2, probably 3 from the Warriors which would have him at 14 with a game to play this arvo.

Smith - 17
Gutho - 15*
Johnson - 14*
Grant - 13
Taumalolo - 12*
Cleary - 12

I’d say Taumalolo will struggle to poll consistently and Grant will be too far back when he gets back. Johnson is a decent shot, although the Sharks have Eels, Roosters, Raiders, Storm and us in their last 9 so I’d be surprised if he kept up.

There may be a handful of other guys that are around the 12 now who could get up there but none are in decent teams so hard to imagine it happening.

Smith and Gutho are definitely the main competition. I think it’ll really come down to how prominent Nath wants to play against the weaker run we have coming up. I think he takes a lot more control in big games.

I’ll try and keep this up to date and see how it looks at the end.

I’d say Brown-Brown-Johnson at 3-2-1 for the 4pm game and Brimson-Kelly-Proctor for the 2pm game.

Smith - 17
Gutho - 15
Johnson - 15
Grant - 13
Taumalolo - 12
Cleary - 12

age.s

First Grade
We might have to make do with Coach of the Year, Rookie of the Year (Crichton), halfback, hooker, prop, lock and bench player (May).

I'd give lock to Yeo but there's no way the powers that be go him over Lolo.

betcats

Referee
Im probably bias but ive never seen a half kick so well so consistently as Nath this season, he is certainly the best 7 going round atm. Chips, bombs, 40/20s, grubbers...he has been hitting all of them sweet all season long. Every week we play well he will be in the points because of how he plays, he is just in control of everything out there.

The_Frog

First Grade
I'd give lock to Yeo but there's no way the powers that be go him over Lolo.
I know he makes huge metres and is very hard to stop, but teams somehow manage it to the point where the Cowboys have won just three from 13 games. I think what is happening is that he's the only Cowboys player getting any points at all.

WestyLife

First Grade
I know he makes huge metres and is very hard to stop, but teams somehow manage it to the point where the Cowboys have won just three from 13 games. I think what is happening is that he's the only Cowboys player getting any points at all.

Yeah players competing with multiple high performers in the same team get less points as the singular good players like the cows.