What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hook's Heroes

SBD82

Coach
There’s going to be some pretty impressive meltdowns when Hunt helps us win the premiership in 2022.
If we win the comp in 2022, the only thing that will be melting down for me will be my face, after I celebrate too hard.

edit. There may also be a meltdown from my boss due to my condition when I return to work.

Old Timer

Coach
There’s going to be some pretty impressive meltdowns when Hunt helps us win the premiership in 2022.
Yes I think you are actually on to something here.

Hunt will hopefully be playing for the opposition and sitting right under the extra time kick off in the GF.

possm

Coach
$950ks
FACT
CC
Lets see how Ben goes with a decent coach.
I'm convinced that Griffin can improve the game of Sullivan and Dufty to a standard far superior to that of what Norman and Hunt are producing now; and for less than half the price.

The experiment is over, Hunt and Nprman are poor buys and if there is a chance to swap them out for a few decent forwards then that would be of more value to the team.

Sullivan is our future and Dufty is a defensive liability at the back. I've said it before that Dufty would have a better chance defensively if defending in the line next to T Sims in the same way Soward's defensive shortfalls were to a large extent mitigated through Thompson's protection.

Norman to ESL; his style of play is well suited to that competition.

Hunt to Broncos; he would be an ideal running five-eighth for them.

Start the groundwork on this Millward and then submit it to your new boss Griffin for consideration.

blacksafake

First Grade
I’m a Hunt fan, Is he the top half in the game, No. IMO he like others on the club have been poorly coached & managed since he signed on.
The game plan has been rubbish with no incentive other to pass to a forward for a hit up. Widdop was also at times guilty of just crabbing sideways & handing the ball off to a forward.
I’m prepared to give the new coaching staff a chance to see if they can improve our attacking structure to suit players like Hunt, McInnes, Ford, Sullivan, Rava, Ramsey & Dufty.
If there’s no drastic change in the first part of the season then by all means try & make other arrangements re personal.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Hunt will hopefully be playing for the opposition and sitting right under the extra time kick off in the GF.
See there’s the issue.

We were a weaker team without Hunt & couldn’t seal a convincing win in regular time & allowed him to get his team back into the game.

If we had Hunt we’d be lifting that trophy on the podium instead of kicking off for extra time.

Old Timer

Coach
Does fame include how from 2013-2015 he was talking up how Ben Hunt was the type of halfback we needed?
I did indeed say that and I truly hoped he was the best half we had since Billy Smith but unfortunately I was mistaken and had overestimated his ability.
See muzby I was positive in the beginning but the harsh reality of his performances forced me to change my opinion.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Wasn’t here in 2013 I suggest more ice
I suggest more comprehension of satire from you, particularly as the year mentioned were his form years at the broncos.

That being said, you’re a fan of his when he’s in form, but bully him when he’s out of form.

So when he steers us to a trophy under hook, will you flip back again or stick to your guns?

Old Timer

Coach
I suggest more comprehension of satire from you, particularly as the year mentioned were his form years at the broncos.

That being said, you’re a fan of his when he’s in form, but bully him when he’s out of form.

So when he steers us to a trophy under hook, will you flip back again or stick to your guns?
I suggest you donate your brain along with James Graham & co as you have had far too many head knocks and in recent times they have come thick and fast.
You obviously missed where I said if he can fight back from CC then good luck to him but at this point in time and on form displayed IMO he doesn’t deserve to keep others from having their shot at it.
You want to stick with him in the basis he might deliver where as I dispense with him because he has failed to deliver and there in lies the difference.
Tough times require tough decisions and I’m happy if they get made and getting Hook hopefully is the start of a change in our stupid philosophy of sticking with people who are hopelessly out of form or just don’t have it.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I suggest you donate your brain along with James Graham & co as you have had far too many head knocks and in recent times they have come thick and fast.
You obviously missed where I said if he can fight back from CC then good luck to him but at this point in time and on form displayed IMO he doesn’t deserve to keep others from having their shot at it.
You want to stick with him in the basis he might deliver where as I dispense with him because he has failed to deliver and there in lies the difference.
Tough times require tough decisions and I’m happy if they get made and getting Hook hopefully is the start of a change in our stupid philosophy of sticking with people who are hopelessly out of form or just don’t have it.
Interesting..

So in summary, you’re simply a fair weather fan.

And you really shouldn’t make light of CTE.

It’s going to be a massive issue over the next decade, and has already led to a number of suicides of former players.

Nothing to joke about.

Old Timer

Coach
Interesting..

So in summary, you’re simply a fair weather fan.

And you really shouldn’t make light of CTE.

It’s going to be a massive issue over the next decade, and has already led to a number of suicides of former players.

Nothing to joke about.
Re fair wether I am simply a realist and don’t see Hunt a rising 31 year old as a solution to our current issues let alone someone to build around for the years ahead

Now as to the rest of your post spare me your sanctimonious lectures.

Why don’t you get your kids to sit down with you and explain to them how a guy who admitted he previously had a problem with alcohol whobno longer drinks and basically begged you to not make references that he was drunk but you insisted on continuing on with your assertions and bullying him at every opportunity.

You try to insinuate people are drunk on many occasions with no regard for those that fight the demons of alcohol so maybe clean up your own act.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Re fair wether I am simply a realist and don’t see Hunt a rising 31 year old as a solution to our current issues let alone someone to build around for the years ahead

Why don’t you get your kids to sit down with you and explain to them how a guy who admitted he previously had a problem with alcohol whobno longer drinks and basically begged you to not make references that he was drunk but you insisted on continuing on with your assertions and bullying him at every opportunity.

You try to insinuate people are drunk on many occasions with no regard for those that fight the demons of alcohol so maybe clean up your own act.
Okay, so now you’re just double downing on your poor call about making light of an issue that has already caused a number of suicides by defending a guy who stalks & makes threats of physical violence.

Come on OT, you’re smarter than this..

not_all_there

Juniors

He did? What a shit act.