What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Tristan Sailor charged with alleged sexual assault

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/...vdi5hdSUyRm1lZGlhJTJGOTExOTguaHRtbCZhbGw9MQ==

A man has been charged over the alleged aggravated sexual assault of a woman last weekend.

Earlier this week, police received a report that a 24-year-old woman had been sexually assaulted by a man known to her.

Detectives from St George Police Area Command and the Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad commenced an investigation under Strike Force Rouget.

Following extensive inquiries, strike force detectives executed a search warrant at a home at Wollongong about 7.40am today (Saturday 10 October 2020), where they seized a number of items relevant to the investigation.

A 22-year-old man was arrested at the home and taken to Wollongong Police Station, where he was charged with aggravated sex assault – inflict actual bodily harm on victim.

Police will allege in court that the man sexually assaulted the woman, during which she sustained injuries, at a home in Sydney’s south last Saturday (3 October 2020).

He has been refused bail to appear at Wollongong Local Court tomorrow (Sunday 11 October 2020).

Inquiries are continuing.

https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/news_article?sq_content_src=+dXJsPWh0dHBzJTNBJTJGJTJGZWJpenByZC5wb2xpY2UubnN3Lmdvdi5hdSUyRm1lZGlhJTJGOTExOTguaHRtbCZhbGw9MQ==

A man has been charged over the alleged aggravated sexual assault of a woman last weekend.

Earlier this week, police received a report that a 24-year-old woman had been sexually assaulted by a man known to her.

Detectives from St George Police Area Command and the Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad commenced an investigation under Strike Force Rouget.

Following extensive inquiries, strike force detectives executed a search warrant at a home at Wollongong about 7.40am today (Saturday 10 October 2020), where they seized a number of items relevant to the investigation.

A 22-year-old man was arrested at the home and taken to Wollongong Police Station, where he was charged with aggravated sex assault – inflict actual bodily harm on victim.

Police will allege in court that the man sexually assaulted the woman, during which she sustained injuries, at a home in Sydney’s south last Saturday (3 October 2020).

He has been refused bail to appear at Wollongong Local Court tomorrow (Sunday 11 October 2020).

Inquiries are continuing.

Refused bail by the cops. Flight risk is he? They found him at home, not exactly a f**king fugitive. Not exactly in a helicopter to Antarctica to allegedly assault a penguin. They are f**king kidding.

Why is the child abuse team investigating a complaint by a 24 year old young women? Ffs.

Timmah

Staff member
Why is the child abuse team investigating a complaint by a 24 year old young women? Ffs.

You've just asked someone to fact check something in a subsequent post but didn't read the statement properly yourself?

It's the Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad.

Aggravated Sexual Assault is a Sex Crime.

That should be really easy to understand.

You've just asked someone to fact check something in a subsequent post but didn't read the statement properly yourself?

It's the Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad.

Aggravated Sexual Assault is a Sex Crime.

That should be really easy to understand.

Don’t misquote and insult me.

I asked him to check the bail laws and explain to me why Tristan is being held.

Timmah

Staff member
Don’t misquote and insult me.

I asked him to check the bail laws and explain to me why Tristan is being held.
To be clear - I was pointing out you criticised somebody for something that's not immediately evident or obvious to a layperson; all while ignoring part of the name of a squad to make a cheap point about the Police.

Xcalibre

Juniors
Oh and a 2 minute google supplies this:

"
The main issues police might raise to oppose your normal right to bail are that you:

• are unlikely to appear in court to face the charges;
  • are likely to threaten or interfere with witnesses;
  • are about to commit further offences;
  • have no family or work ties to stop you moving on and avoiding your court appearance;
  • are incapacitated by drugs or alcohol, or are in danger of physical harm."

• From https://legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/defend-yourself-facing-charge-court/bail-release-pending-trial

• So Mr. I Knowbaillawthisisanoutrage clearly doesn't know. I suggest you pay attention to the second line.