What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There is no rule but playing without a fullback in attack is complete stupidity.
Fullback isn't a position in attack. When their team has the ball they either play like a support player or a playmaker. Those are capabilities that can be provided by other players in other positions.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Look at the Storm. I dont think either of their halves are genuine play makers. They just have good running games and move the ball well.
Yep, as long as you've got enough playmakers does it really matter what jersey there wearing? I don't see any difference between this:

1. Playmaker
6. Playmaker
7. Playmaker
9. Dummy half
10. Tank

and this:

1. Dummy half
6. Playmaker
7. Playmaker
10. Playmaker
16. Tank (this is a bench forward while the 9 is having a rest)

It's the same number of playmakers, and just involves the 1 and the 10 changing roles. This also gives the opposition a different shape to deal with mid-game. This is how you use a player's versatility to benefit your team.

But obviously if you lose you can blame this instead of whatever the real reason was, such as playing against a better team. "rEmEmBeR wHaT hApPeNnEd LaSt TiMe!!!"

Like the time Kenny Edwards started at 9 and the defending premiers put 50 on us. It was definitely the dummy half who was responsible for missing all those tackles.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I was thinking about moving fergo into the centre as well. If fergo trains in the centre role in the off season I think he'd do well. His a big body, can tackle if he makes the right read (which he has time to work on) and he'll get a hell of a lot more ball.
Centres get less ball than wingers, not more.

Avenger

Immortal
We are about to sign a young forward from the Warriors with about 60 games of NRL experience and a back up hooker from the Roosters.

The Flanagan assistant rumours are crap and the unsung hero of our 2020 season, Trent Elkin has re-signed for a further 2 years.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Don’t think there were leaks from the club at all, if you had attended the Meetings related to constitutional changes then the people behind this move were transparent.

They are backed by an ex board member and undoubtably would have approached media hacks like Bulldog Ritchie with the story they are an influential group. They are a small factional group that don’t like the fact the club has taken the more professional direction of the board we are seeing , and they they supported the voting down of postal ballot.
Gazza sarcasm mate. No leaks it appears. Dosent stop media speculation. Probably French's manager talking it up.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We are about to sign a young forward from the Warriors with about 60 games of NRL experience and a back up hooker from the Roosters.

The Flanagan assistant rumours are crap and the unsung hero of our 2020 season, Trent Elkin has re-signed for a further 2 years.
Isaiah Papalii and either Verrills or Lussick

Incorrect

Coach
I'd still take a fit Hayne and play him at centre and pay him $300K. This rumour will intensify after his court case assuming he is found not guilty.

I dunno.... I can't get past the fact that 3 of his last 4 years as an Eel were spoon years for us and we finished 5th and 4th either side of the last spoon year he was with us... And the Titans fortunes went to shit almost the moment he arrived in their system... It's not a great omen as unfair as it may be to judge in that way...

Noise

Coach
Fullback isn't a position in attack. When their team has the ball they either play like a support player or a playmaker. Those are capabilities that can be provided by other players in other positions.
Not as effectively, which is why it doesn’t happen. Except for an extended brain snap by our coach.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade

Lachlan Lam? Craig Garvey? Freddy Lussick?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not as effectively, which is why it doesn’t happen. Except for an extended brain snap by our coach.
Coaches do what they need to do when they have holes in their roster. Robinson has used Aubusson at dummy half when he's had to. You don't always have the luxury of a bench full of NRL quality players to cover every position.

Latest posts