What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 112 51.1%

• Total voters

T.S Quint

Coach
Just as others have said, I would be ok with a coaching change after next season if the right coach becomes available. Who that is I don’t know, but there’s no point taking a sideways step (or a backwards one) by picking the wrong coach.
BA has taken us pretty far from where he took over the reigns. He has built a team that has become a regular Finals participant from a perennial bottom of the table club. I hope he finds a way to take the next step forward next season, but if he doesn’t I hope we don’t make a knee jerk reaction and sign up the first available coach just because he is a different voice’.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Just as others have said, I would be ok with a coaching change after next season if the right coach becomes available. Who that is I don’t know, but there’s no point taking a sideways step (or a backwards one) by picking the wrong coach.
BA has taken us pretty far from where he took over the reigns. He has built a team that has become a regular Finals participant from a perennial bottom of the table club. I hope he finds a way to take the next step forward next season, but if he doesn’t I hope we don’t make a knee jerk reaction and sign up the first available coach just because he is a different voice’.
I reckon that was the Parra of old. We won’t make the same mistake going forward.

Big test in how we deal with the ‘powerful’ group of shitbags and their proposal for a Coaching Director, a head coach and 27 assistants.

T.S Quint

Coach
I reckon that was the Parra of old. We won’t make the same mistake going forward.

Big test in how we deal with the ‘powerful’ group of shitbags and their proposal for a Coaching Director, a head coach and 27 assistants.

Hopefully they just get ignored. Just a media beat up trying to get the fan base riled up in order to get back to the ‘good old days’. The more more they get ignored, the less media attention they will get.

Hopefully.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Weilders story this morning is probably click bait but I think we have been through this scenario before if true.
BA and O'Neill reported to Bernie separately unless that changed once the Administrators Bestie got the CEO gig. Ive not read anything contrary though. This in itself is crazy. A Footy department not reporting to the HoF? Anyway.
There is no doubt our on field performances need to be tricked up somewhat which is obviously a point of discussion /debate within the Eels heighreachy and so it should be. What form that takes could be one wanting change at all levels within the team while the other believes updating the roster will provide change in itself.
Wasnt the situation similar when Anderson was made HoF after BAs effort of doing it all himself? Lots of talk how the two didnt get on. After Anderson was gone it took forever to get a new HoF and only because of Bernies review did it occur following yet another wooden spoon.
Does BA want to run the whole shooting match again? Who knows but it feels like Ive seen this movie before and it didnt end well.
I guess in our favour we have a strong board and a CEO who hopefully is the right man for the job. These people would be use to making tough and difficult decisions. Our R&R team are making better decisions and at the right cost. Maybe a tad slow but it appears to get the required result. Prior to this committee, this part of our process was diabolical
It should be a very interesting off season. It would be fantastic to go that one or two steps further next season and lets face it everyone within the Eels family wants the same.
Go The Mighty Eels.

Weilders story this morning is probably click bait but I think we have been through this scenario before if true.
BA and O'Neill reported to Bernie separately unless that changed once the Administrators Bestie got the CEO gig. Ive not read anything contrary though. This in itself is crazy. A Footy department not reporting to the HoF? Anyway.
There is no doubt our on field performances need to be tricked up somewhat which is obviously a point of discussion /debate within the Eels heighreachy and so it should be. What form that takes could be one wanting change at all levels within the team while the other believes updating the roster will provide change in itself.
Wasnt the situation similar when Anderson was made HoF after BAs effort of doing it all himself? Lots of talk how the two didnt get on. After Anderson was gone it took forever to get a new HoF and only because of Bernies review did it occur following yet another wooden spoon.
Does BA want to run the whole shooting match again? Who knows but it feels like Ive seen this movie before and it didnt end well.
I guess in our favour we have a strong board and a CEO who hopefully is the right man for the job. These people would be use to making tough and difficult decisions. Our R&R team are making better decisions and at the right cost. Maybe a tad slow but it appears to get the required result. Prior to this committee, this part of our process was diabolical
It should be a very interesting off season. It would be fantastic to go that one or two steps further next season and lets face it everyone within the Eels family wants the same.
Go The Mighty Eels.
The reason Anderson wasn't replaced as HoF was because it cost over $10M to run the football club and they decided to let a stack of people go to cut costs. There was no one there to do anything so BA had to do a stack of extra things because they wouldn't have been done otherwise.
Of course forum narrative has chosen to go down the path of BA wanting to do everything himself rather than him having to do it.

Gazzamatta

Coach
The reason Anderson wasn't replaced as HoF was because it cost over $10M to run the football club and they decided to let a stack of people go to cut costs. There was no one there to do anything so BA had to do a stack of extra things because they wouldn't have been done otherwise.
Of course forum narrative has chosen to go down the path of BA wanting to do everything himself rather than him having to do it.
Fair enough but its didnt work and had to change and change it did thanks to Bernies review
Id hate to think some are heading in different directions just when it appears some tweaks are probably all thats required. Change is good.
Another observation. Ive noticed is how often Ciraldo and Barrett are being credited by the Penny players with their form, style of play etc. FMD if last night I didnt hear G Alexander make similar comments on Fox. Strong and capable assistants with desire for the top job seems to be working at the foot of the mountains. Different ideas and voices has to be better than same ideas and same voices. Let BA manage like Cleary appears to do. Sounds like a perfect role for him given his strong man management skills. Good management will recognise BAs strengths and weaknesses. I wouldnt be surprised if thats where Weidlers gossip stems from.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Barrett might be looking for another job after about 6 rounds into next season.
Maybe he is an exceptional assistant who craves higher honours and the next level is beyond him. Still, Id much rather someone with desire to improve his status. Nobody can fault his preformance at Penrith this year. Both players, head coach and board members are singing his praises. Cantebury will be a challenge no doubt but I prefer to wait to see how he goes before I jump to conclusions.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hopefully they just get ignored. Just a media beat up trying to get the fan base riled up in order to get back to the ‘good old days’. The more more they get ignored, the less media attention they will get.

Hopefully.
Right, but some of our f**kwit fans are so desperate for drama and scapegoats that they lap this shit up. Then when you tell them to ignore negative speculation they whinge that "you can't say anything negative about the club". Meanwhile the media sees what makes the best clickbait and continues their attacks, harming our club's reputation and making it harder to recruit the best staff and players at a good price.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Maybe he is an exceptional assistant who craves higher honours and the next level is beyond him. Still, Id much rather someone with desire to improve his status. Nobody can fault his preformance at Penrith this year. Both players, head coach and board members are singing his praises. Cantebury will be a challenge no doubt but I prefer to wait to see how he goes before I jump to conclusions.
I’m not commenting on his ability as a coach. He has shown some promise. It was more a dig at how unstable Canterbury’s administration is with the infighting, factions etc (sound familiar?). I pity any poor bastard trying to coach in that environment.

TheParraboy

Staff member
, I would be ok with a coaching change after next season if the right coach becomes available. Who that is I don’t know, but there’s no point taking a sideways step (or a backwards one) by picking the wrong coach.

Wayne Bennett is off contract end of next year

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I’m not commenting on his ability as a coach. He has shown some promise. It was more a dig at how unstable Canterbury’s administration is with the infighting, factions etc (sound familiar?). I pity any poor bastard trying to coach in that environment.
Don't forget Jack Gibson said "It doesn't matter how good your front office is, winning just needs the best coach."