What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crappy Grand Final entertainment

myrrh ken

First Grade
Music is always weird at the gf. Like you're pumped to watch a match and all of a sudden you're at the big day out. I always cringe at the silence after a song is performed with a belated half hearted round of applause. The music has just been forced onto the crowd and the vast majority won't be receptive.

whatever the genre - pop, rock, rap, indie - it has to be big, fast and upbeat. A slow build up song/ ballad always brings the wrong energy.

Quicksilver

Bench
Music is always weird at the gf. Like you're pumped to watch a match and all of a sudden you're at the big day out. I always cringe at the silence after a song is performed with a belated half hearted round of applause. The music has just been forced onto the crowd and the vast majority won't be receptive.

whatever the genre - pop, rock, rap, indie - it has to be big, fast and upbeat. A slow build up song/ ballad always brings the wrong energy.

Yeah I don’t care about it.

All I’m thinking about at that point is-

Do I have enough food?
Do I have enough drink?
Do I need to piss?

It seems like it’s a shit gig for the performers too. They’re miles away from the crowd who are preoccupied with the above.

The Rosco

Bench
The thing with the older bands. Most people know the songs Maybe 25% would know Amy Shark songs. That is why newer acts are bad choices
This.
I don't know what an Amy Shark is. Even though I'm a fisherman.
But if this Amy Shark sings that song about sharks that all the young parents hate like crazy, why is she picked ?
Here's a thought . . . play some pre-recorded Barry White songs.
That way, at least the followers of the losing team might get some action when they get home.

kdalymc

Bench
I don't give a hoot and even though I LOL at all the "bring back barnsy bogans", did we seriously bring back the Simply The Best song and not try and get Barnsy to sing it at GF???

horrie hastings

First Grade
I cant really stand the song The Horses which Darryl Braithwaite covered in 1990 but i like Darryl Braithwaite, at half time in the 2018 Grand Final i heard the start of The Horses coming across the speakers and thought FMD why are they playing this , next minute Darryl Braithwaite is coming onto the field singing it, still dont really like the song but have a new appreciation of it and it was great seeing him perform it, the NRL must have not been able come up with anything new for the following year so he performed it again at half time at the 2019 Grand Final.

soc123_au

Staff member
This.
I don't know what an Amy Shark is. Even though I'm a fisherman.
But if this Amy Shark sings that song about sharks that all the young parents hate like crazy, why is she picked ?
Here's a thought . . . play some pre-recorded Barry White songs.
That way, at least the followers of the losing team might get some action when they get home.
They could have someone dressed up like Chef from South Park to mime. Chocolate Salted Balls would get the crowd singing along.

myrrh ken

First Grade
I cant really stand the song The Horses which Darryl Braithwaite covered in 1990 but i like Darryl Braithwaite, at half time in the 2018 Grand Final i heard the start of The Horses coming across the speakers and thought FMD why are they playing this , next minute Darryl Braithwaite is coming onto the field singing it, still dont really like the song but have a new appreciation of it and it was great seeing him perform it, the NRL must have not been able come up with anything new for the following year so he performed it again at half time at the 2019 Grand Final.

A rendition this year would be great with Daz riding a giant spoon.

gerg

Juniors

Didn't they cut him off early last year, or am I imagining that?

Pommy

Coach
Get Jimmy Barnes so he can sing Khe Sanh again...

Seen at the 2015 GF thought they were great the crowd loved it. Can’t remember who was on in 2016 but I remember being unimpressed.
Not been since then but this seems like a dreadful choice.
I would be happy with Jimmy every year if he gets an atmosphere going in the stadium.

Generalzod

Immortal
Seen at the 2015 GF thought they were great the crowd loved it. Can’t remember who was on in 2016 but I remember being unimpressed.
Not been since then but this seems like a dreadful choice.
I would be happy with Jimmy every year if he gets an atmosphere going in the stadium.
I remember the 2016 I was there, it was Arianthi and And the guy from Bon Jovi Ritchie Sambora, they played dead or alive and living on prayer...also Keith Urban and Jessica Malloy.