What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crappy Grand Final entertainment

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I am a big no for halftime entertainment, its all shit, pointless and a waste of money. They may exist but I have never meet a person that is interested in it.

If they have to do something get Cameron Smith's wife to tell stories or do magic tricks something to earn her 2 million dollar ring

Nealo 12

Bench
I am a big no for halftime entertainment, its all shit, pointless and a waste of money. They may exist but I have never meet a person that is interested in it.

If they have to do something get Cameron Smith's wife to tell stories or do magic tricks something to earn her 2 million dollar ring
Nothing wrong with a good old three legged race like back in the old days for some quality entertainment!

simmo05

Bench
I cant really stand the song The Horses which Darryl Braithwaite covered in 1990 but i like Darryl Braithwaite, at half time in the 2018 Grand Final i heard the start of The Horses coming across the speakers and thought FMD why are they playing this , next minute Darryl Braithwaite is coming onto the field singing it, still dont really like the song but have a new appreciation of it and it was great seeing him perform it, the NRL must have not been able come up with anything new for the following year so he performed it again at half time at the 2019 Grand Final.
When did this song become so popular, it's f**kin shit!

blue bags

First Grade
Nothing wrong with a good old three legged race like back in the old days for some quality entertainment!
the old sack race entertainment

you need the crowd to be entertained in the halftime break. and that ring for Barbie smith, i didn't know how expensive it was, wow a lot of money

kdalymc

Bench
Violent Soho would be rad.

Also, no info here?

I don't give a hoot and even though I LOL at all the "bring back barnsy bogans", did we seriously bring back the Simply The Best song and not try and get Barnsy to sing it at GF???

hrundi99

First Grade
You are mistaken. Billy Idol was the pre-match entertainment for the 2002 NRL Grand final which was between the Sydney Roosters and the NZ Warriors.

The pre-match entertainment for the 2003 NRL Grand Final was Meat Loaf, the Hoodoo Gurus and Kelly Clarkson. Following is from an article published by the Sydney Morning Herald (source: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/10/05/1065292479504.html) -

For mine the 'Gurus was the best Gf entertainment. They went off and the crowd was really into it.

hrundi99

First Grade
No doubt a talented rapper, if not quite Eminem, and no doubt a popular message at the time, but the NRL sticking its nose into socio-political issues was one of the most nauseating hallmarks of the Greenberg era.

Yeah nah...