What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Year is 2030 - do any current players make the 50th year SOO "greatest NSW/QLD teams" list?

Being the 50th year there will no doubt be huge debate of who would make the greatest maroons & greatest blues team lists.

But who (if anyone?) are players over the next decade that might get a look in.

To me - there's only a handle of possibles, and no definites.
  • Maroons possibles. Papalii. David Fifita.
  • Blues possibles. Tedesco. Tom Trbojevic.

It would have to be a bloody special maroons player to knock out any of the Qld greats up until now. Good luck knocking out any number of QLD backs. Smith has a mortgage on 9. It's in the forwards there's potential as I see it.

More chance for Blues to crack in but who? I'd only think Tedesco would be in the real mix. Tom T is an absolute weapon but will be a winger at best as long as Tedesco is around . But unlike so many other blues - he can genuinely play multiple positions - and well.

Others?

Ponga and Papalii to replace Boyd and Thaiday.

And for NSW, surely someone can take Hindmarsh's spot.

Yep good options for Qld.

Understood re Hindmarsh but I don’t know of any nsw back rowers at the moment who’d be better than him, or have the potential to?

There’s a swathe of panthers coming through their system, one of these could pop up in a year or two perhaps..

Cook has the potential for NSW but he wont live up to it

Munster could be in discussions but he's well behind the multitude of elite Qld halves,

Papalii will go very close.

Absolutely agree with Munster - he's the best half in modern day football, and couldn't look more comfortable in State of Origin. But to take the King out of #6 - anyone would have to be a Queensland Jesus.

Latest posts