What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

Ads

First Grade
We still need to be successful. If we’re shit it makes it that much harder to recruit good players without paying overs.
Benji is a shadow of himself and was dropped cause he can’t defend. Not the kind of addition we need.

Stake Removed

First Grade
If Bomber is sacrificing Trindall it's absurd, the kid can play, he is our best defensive half.
After SJ he is 2nd best kicker, actually best long distance kicker.
He takes line on.
Compare home to Chad miles ahead on much less money.
Can't we move Chad on is there any takers anyone

ghoti

Bench
Where do you get that Trindall is our best defensive half ?

He put a couple hits on and he's the best defensive half now. He took the line on a couple times and he's our best attacking half.

Trindall's absolutely a singing priority imo but let's not hype him like we hyped Townsend in 2008, you might get stuck with him for ten years!

Reminds me of Kyle Flanagan excitement last year...

Quicksilver

Bench
People in here really reacting like Benji signed to be our top half and not an injury fill in and on-field coach

I’d be fine with that if he wasn’t coming at the expense of keeping Trindall.

I’m not really sold on Trindall but I think he’s worth keeping around for another year to see what happens. He’s a reasonable fill-in with potential upside.

Although it doesn’t really seem like keeping Trinidall is at all a priority for the club anyway, so the two transactions should probably be viewed as completely separate.

If Trindall is definitely gone, then Benji becomes an ok fill in.

ghoti

Bench
I’d
Although it doesn’t really seem like keeping Trinidall is at all a priority for the club anyway, so the two transactions should probably be viewed as completely separate.
in.

I guess we're assuming he's not a priority since there's been no announcement, but in all likelihood there's a discussion going on...whoever Trindall's manager is will prob be trying to place him in the squad merry go round that's happening at the moment and fighting for dece contract value. He's probably a third choice 7 at best anywhere in the NRL so I'm guessing there's a stalemate between the Sharks offering him a low value contract and his manager trying to prove he can get more elsewhere. The club won't and shouldn't splurge on him imo

Tiger Shark

Bench
Trindall probably wants a starting job somewhere and I don't think he's going to get it, if there was clubs interested I think he would have been snapped up by now.

Latest posts