What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Frog

First Grade
Not gonna lie I don't actually mind that although I do recognise the value both Naden and May bring but I'd happily lose May before the others on that list.
May was used poorly at times this year but nonetheless displayed his worth. Even at centre he was only really exposed in the GF. He was pretty solid in the prelim. He's still costing the club a pittance but I doubt that situation will continue ad infinitum. While he's dirt cheap there's not much point getting rid of him. He'd buy you a third to a quarter of a Stephen Crichton and I know what I believe is better value.

WestyLife

First Grade
May was used poorly at times this year but nonetheless displayed his worth. Even at centre he was only really exposed in the GF. He was pretty solid in the prelim. He's still costing the club a pittance but I doubt that situation will continue ad infinitum. While he's dirt cheap there's not much point getting rid of him. He'd buy you a third to a quarter of a Stephen Crichton and I know what I believe is better value.

That's why I said I recognise his value. It's not a hard get get rid of him. More I wouldn't be outraged if he went. He's the guy who you can keep and do a job or let go IF you have a good roster.

franklin2323

Immortal
That's why I said I recognise his value. It's not a hard get get rid of him. More I wouldn't be outraged if he went. He's the guy who you can keep and do a job or let go IF you have a good roster.

All goes for value really. I can't see him being on much

franklin2323

Immortal

Alot of May being used poorly was due to other factors. We have seen now Naden's struggles. No lower grades hurt young guys both likely aren't issues without Covid. Flexibility is huge in a squad

He only signed a one year extension, so he can actually talk to other clubs right now about 2022. If someone offered him starting money I wouldn’t bother matching it.

Whino

Bench
Had a read through the dogs forum. They seem to have a grudge against us. Can't imagine why, never had a rivalry with them really and I have no issues with them taking the players that choose to leave. So far it seems they've done everything with respect as far as being up front about approaching players and the whole Barrett thing.

Old Panther is now trending in The Kennel :eek:

WestyLife

First Grade
Old Panther is now trending in The Kennel :eek:

This is what happens living under the Storm and Roosters dictatorship. The oppressed masses rise up!!! :joy:

My post on there for anyone wanting to know;

"Hi everyone just wanted to come across and say hi since there's a lit of news between our club's recently for obvious reasons. Seems you guys are the current easy target for signing rumours to sell articles. Not sure how closely everyone looks at other teams rosters so a few specifics which might help when all the clickbait from the journos is coming out.

Burton is the big one obviously and you guys are a fair chance to sign him. He'd get a shot at starting half on reasonable money. If he stays there's no chance he pushes Luai out for the 6 and Ivan wants to turn him into a ball playing forward either at lock or second row with a transition through centre the most likely option. Will also get less to stay at Panthers for obvious reasons.

Lenui is very unlikely. Panthers moved on Tamou and Blore to the Tigers and you guys got Hetherington for the purpose of Lenui being our next prop ready to be brought in to the starting 17 with 2020 being a development year of sorts. He is very highly regarded by the club and you'd have to pay pretty decent overs to get him.

Crichton will be signed after origin camp is over. Panthers are prepared to pay whatever is necessary though some of us as fans don't necessarily agree with that. As fans of the sport we've all had players hold our cap to ransom and dogs fans know that pain from recent history.

I am surprised there's been no mention of Naden. He'll be the odd one out IF you don't get Burton and already seems a little unpopular with Ivan having been dropped post Covid break then for the Preliminary/Grand finals. Though maybe no one wants a centre/wing that bad.

Interesting reading through here as if there's animosity between clubs. I guess the sport is very much based on tribalism but outside us as fans having players we want to stay or go I have no issue with Barrett and any players going to the dogs. So far everything has been done with respect and the club itself deserves to make improvements for the fans and members. A strong comp is better for everyone than the typical 2 or 3 good teams every year.

All the best
."

The yak

Juniors
This is what happens living under the Storm and Roosters dictatorship. The oppressed masses rise up!!! :joy:

"Hi everyone just wanted to come across and say hi since there's a lit of news between our club's recently for obvious reasons. Seems you guys are the current easy target for signing rumours to sell articles. Not sure how closely everyone looks at other teams rosters so a few specifics which might help when all the clickbait from the journos is coming out.

Burton is the big one obviously and you guys are a fair chance to sign him. He'd get a shot at starting half on reasonable money. If he stays there's no chance he pushes Luai out for the 6 and Ivan wants to turn him into a ball playing forward either at lock or second row with a transition through centre the most likely option. Will also get less to stay at Panthers for obvious reasons.

Lenui is very unlikely. Panthers moved on Tamou and Blore to the Tigers and you guys got Hetherington for the purpose of Lenui being our next prop ready to be brought in to the starting 17 with 2020 being a development year of sorts. He is very highly regarded by the club and you'd have to pay pretty decent overs to get him.

Crichton will be signed after origin camp is over. Panthers are prepared to pay whatever is necessary though some of us as fans don't necessarily agree with that. As fans of the sport we've all had players hold our cap to ransom and dogs fans know that pain from recent history.

I am surprised there's been no mention of Naden. He'll be the odd one out IF you don't get Burton and already seems a little unpopular with Ivan having been dropped post Covid break then for the Preliminary/Grand finals. Though maybe no one wants a centre/wing that bad.

Interesting reading through here as if there's animosity between clubs. I guess the sport is very much based on tribalism but outside us as fans having players we want to stay or go I have no issue with Barrett and any players going to the dogs. So far everything has been done with respect and the club itself deserves to make improvements for the fans and members. A strong comp is better for everyone than the typical 2 or 3 good teams every year.

All the best
."

I am glad to see I got a mention over there. Doesn't take much to bait a hook. Ha ha.
I know my Brother in-law is on the Kennel. He'd be the loudest mouth on there. Always wrong too!

murraymob

Coach
Here is a question for a few of you
We are going to pay part of Waqa Blake’s contract for the next 2 years
What happens if he is released before by the eels or goes to England does his salary still remain part of our cap

murraymob

Coach
I am glad to see I got a mention over there. Doesn't take much to bait a hook. Ha ha.
I know my Brother in-law is on the Kennel. He'd be the loudest mouth on there. Always wrong too!
I can’t get the kernel is there some secret hand shake to get in there lol

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

All the best
."

Well done you.

WestyLife

First Grade
Not yet, but will soon.

Hooper goin all out on our roster.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...p/news-story/369f7b6569ab1e9872ada89fbcb9de90

PANTHERS PICKED APART BY RIVALS
James Hooper
The Penrith Panthers have quickly discovered the price of success with the club’s young gun roster being picked apart by rival NRL clubs since making the grand final.

Young gun rookie Daine Laurie is the latest player who has agreed to depart the club to join the Wests Tigers in 2022.

We all know how this rodeo goes. Laurie will now begin the process of agitating for a release to join the Wests Tigers for next year.

It doesn’t end there, either. Rookie prop Spencer Leniu and young gun five-eighth Matt Burton are both believed to be extremely close to agreeing to terms to join the Bulldogs.

Both will be immense losses.

Then throw in NSW Blues trio Jarome Luai, Stephen Crichton and Isaah Yeo all being off contract at the end of next year and all of a sudden the Panthers plan to retain everyone looks in serious trouble.

Perhaps the smarter play would have been to lock Luai in when they decided he was the best five-eighth ahead of Burton mid-season.

Jane Murray

Bench
Hooper goin all out on our roster.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...p/news-story/369f7b6569ab1e9872ada89fbcb9de90

PANTHERS PICKED APART BY RIVALS
James Hooper
The Penrith Panthers have quickly discovered the price of success with the club’s young gun roster being picked apart by rival NRL clubs since making the grand final.

Young gun rookie Daine Laurie is the latest player who has agreed to depart the club to join the Wests Tigers in 2022.

We all know how this rodeo goes. Laurie will now begin the process of agitating for a release to join the Wests Tigers for next year.

It doesn’t end there, either. Rookie prop Spencer Leniu and young gun five-eighth Matt Burton are both believed to be extremely close to agreeing to terms to join the Bulldogs.

Both will be immense losses.

Then throw in NSW Blues trio Jarome Luai, Stephen Crichton and Isaah Yeo all being off contract at the end of next year and all of a sudden the Panthers plan to retain everyone looks in serious trouble.

Perhaps the smarter play would have been to lock Luai in when they decided he was the best five-eighth ahead of Burton mid-season.

The recruitment, and retention, committee must have gained a new member? James Hooper seems to be privy to their conversations.

Status
Not open for further replies.