What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Realist

Juniors
It’s not f**king 1980 anymore, doing an acl doesn’t ruin careers these days.

Depends on the athlete. Tyrone May isn't the same since his injury 3 odd years ago and he was still a teen when it happened.

Others mostly bounce back, but they are never quite the same.

WestyLife

First Grade
So you would rather sign these never have beens than invest $60k in our own juniors as development players? I suggest that YOU read the salary cap before commenting next time.

The 5 development players (or is it 4 I forget) are separate from the top 30 so you do have to fill those spots still though a debate could be had over these experienced guys on likely $200k - $300k Vs Juniors on minimum $100k.

Gotta weigh up managing the cap and not being the Broncos of 2020 who failed due to losing their experience.

WestyLife

First Grade
Keep Spencer
Keep Burton
Keep Luai
Keep Crichton

Let Naden and May walk.
Edward's is a tough one. Caus whe wont cost a bomb and would be good value for money.

Not gonna lie I don't actually mind that although I do recognise the value both Naden and May bring but I'd happily lose May before the others on that list.

murraymob

Coach
The 5 development players (or is it 4 I forget) are separate from the top 30 so you do have to fill those spots still though a debate could be had over these experienced guys on likely $200k - $300k Vs Juniors on minimum $100k.

Gotta weigh up managing the cap and not being the Broncos of 2020 who failed due to losing their experience.
Remember a development player can not play till mid year .No point them taking a cap space or money.We can have 6 of them on top of our 30 spots

WestyLife

First Grade
Remember a development player can not play till mid year .No point them taking a cap space or money.We can have 6 of them on top of our 30 spots

Exactly so you can't use them as top 30 replacement. You can upgrade them to full time but of course your depth is extremely inexperienced then.

Thanks for clarifying the number.

WestyLife

First Grade
Had a read through the dogs forum. They seem to have a grudge against us. Can't imagine why, never had a rivalry with them really and I have no issues with them taking the players that choose to leave. So far it seems they've done everything with respect as far as being up front about approaching players and the whole Barrett thing.

franklin2323

Immortal
So you would rather sign these never have beens than invest $60k in our own juniors as development players? I suggest that YOU read the salary cap before commenting next time.

you need to have have 30 players and 6 development players. We have 24 counting those 2

mxlegend99

Referee
@BxTom

Signing guys on minimum wage for our top squad increases how much we have to keep guys like Crichton, Luai, Leniu etc.

Rennings and Eisenhuth help our chances. We needed to fill our top squad and you literally cant do so for less than the minimum wage.

Development players have a different minimum wage but don't count toward filling the top squad. So you might not rate that experienced depth. But it wont hurt our odds at keeping anyone. They're smart signings for mine.

Black Diamond

Juniors
Had a read through the dogs forum. They seem to have a grudge against us. Can't imagine why, never had a rivalry with them really and I have no issues with them taking the players that choose to leave. So far it seems they've done everything with respect as far as being up front about approaching players and the whole Barrett thing.
Let's not forget they stole our victory chant when Franky took it to the dogs and they continue to whinge and whine that we stole it from them.

Black Diamond

Juniors
There are some real dropkicks on The Kennel. Numerous are pretending they have inside mail. Like My brother in-law, who is Bulldogs supporter. Full of shit.
One in particular is going to troll us if they get Burton and Leniu. Some think we will be on suicide watch if we loss him. Yeah right.

Quite a few morons on there think they are getting Harry Grant and Chricton too.
1 or 2 sane voices but most of them are idiots. What a laugh it was going on there.
It has been all quite from the Bulldogs board recently. They must be due for another public spat.
Just had a read, they are a laughable lot, they get Barrett and they think they are getting half the Panthers squad.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Just had a read, they are a laughable lot, they get Barrett and they think they are getting half the Panthers squad.

they also think the salary cap is made out of elastic too.....you know like the Chooks one.

On the victory song. The funniest thing ever, some 'specials' then began to troll claiming that Penrith Panthers had 'STOLEN' their song.

Talk about 10 fingered discounters LOL

franklin2323

Immortal
@BxTom

Signing guys on minimum wage for our top squad increases how much we have to keep guys like Crichton, Luai, Leniu etc.

Rennings and Eisenhuth help our chances. We needed to fill our top squad and you literally cant do so for less than the minimum wage.

Development players have a different minimum wage but don't count toward filling the top squad. So you might not rate that experienced depth. But it wont hurt our odds at keeping anyone. They're smart signings for mine.

I’d be going after Kahu next for the same reason. Depending on price of course but there are a few guys around that fills depth out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts