What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade23

Juniors
Hooper goin all out on our roster.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...p/news-story/369f7b6569ab1e9872ada89fbcb9de90

PANTHERS PICKED APART BY RIVALS
James Hooper
The Penrith Panthers have quickly discovered the price of success with the club’s young gun roster being picked apart by rival NRL clubs since making the grand final.

Young gun rookie Daine Laurie is the latest player who has agreed to depart the club to join the Wests Tigers in 2022.

We all know how this rodeo goes. Laurie will now begin the process of agitating for a release to join the Wests Tigers for next year.

It doesn’t end there, either. Rookie prop Spencer Leniu and young gun five-eighth Matt Burton are both believed to be extremely close to agreeing to terms to join the Bulldogs.

Both will be immense losses.

Then throw in NSW Blues trio Jarome Luai, Stephen Crichton and Isaah Yeo all being off contract at the end of next year and all of a sudden the Panthers plan to retain everyone looks in serious trouble.

Perhaps the smarter play would have been to lock Luai in when they decided he was the best five-eighth ahead of Burton mid-season.

Luai will be staying. Deal is nearly done. Talks were postponed until after the GF. Then the Origin bubble.Burton I have been worried about for awhile.
Leniu is unfortunately testing his worth on the open market. We are not out of it yet with him.

murraymob

Coach
Luai will be staying. Deal is nearly done. Talks were postponed until after the GF. Then the Origin bubble.Burton I have been worried about for awhile.
Leniu is unfortunately testing his worth on the open market. We are not out of it yet with him.
Are there many players with Ayoub as there manager

WestyLife

First Grade

Lenui was the one I thought would be more solid. interesting.

WestyLife

First Grade
Seriously how can you allow Tamou to leave and then let Hetherington go and be struggling to retain Leniu?
He should have been retained way before November 1.

We lost Tamou, Hetherington, Blore, Ellis even went to dragons. Our middle got cleaned out.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Leniu would be a huge loss if he choses to leave.

Burton sadly may be difficult to hang on to.

If Leniu chooses to leave are there other good props comming through the system ?

Whino

Bench
Almost everything went so right this year. Now things are falling apart.
Unless it us manager games so much for Barrett taking players we don't want.

Blade23

Juniors
Disappointing, but it’ll be even worse if we lose Burton as well.

Laurie had a genuine shot the the FB spot here, I presume Staines is favoured for that role long term.

If he can get the legs right yes.

Quite honestly both Edwards and Staines have had injury concerns. Laurie could have snuck under the pair of them.

Black Diamond

Juniors
That's really dissappointing to read, especially Lenui.

Hooked

Juniors
Barrett should’ve been cut loose as soon as he signed with the Dogs. I’ll die on that hill.

The extra time gave him more of an opportunity to cultivate relationships.

I hope he makes the same blunders as he did with Manly. He has proven himself as an assistant coach but head coach is a whole another matter.
Crash and burn baby.

Blade23

Juniors
That's really dissappointing to read, especially Lenui.

Money talks. I did warn last week Crichton's extra bump would cost us someone. A mid or a rookie seeking an upgrade.

We are still in it. He is tight with Crichton and a few others. We have one more card to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.