What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MugaB

Coach
agreed 100%, but we would be putting money into positions that we need covered, if we lose Critta, we are back to the start of the year, who are our centres etc.

i Think they are both worth the punt increasing offers (within reason of course) - both are young, still filling out and had fantastic first seasons in the NRL, If they perform to the levels they have this year consistently, it’s worth every cent

critta could be something very special personally speaking
Im getting a little over the contracts debacle, if he wants to go, let him go, we can just scoop up tyrone peachey, and cover centres with him Naden and May, we shouldn't have to negotiate with these managing terrorists

franklin2323

Immortal
Who else is coming through, though?

The halfback when Burton and co won the National Comp Bonnano is still in the Flegg team. Brendan Hands looks good. The Ball team were stacked this year

We are only having 30 FT and 6 Development guys. NSW Cup will be filled with St Marys and Flegg guys so plenty of chances to look at guys. Flegg will be under 21 this year so should be easier to transition

agreed 100%, but we would be putting money into positions that we need covered, if we lose Critta, we are back to the start of the year, who are our centres etc.

i Think they are both worth the punt increasing offers (within reason of course) - both are young, still filling out and had fantastic first seasons in the NRL, If they perform to the levels they have this year consistently, it’s worth every cent

critta could be something very special personally speaking

If we lose Crichton, then Naden & Burton would the centres I’d assume.

I don’t want to lose Crichton, but I don’t want to break the bank on him either. This tactic from his manager could invite future trouble for us. I’d only increase the offer 30-40k, tell him take it or leave it.

MugaB

Coach
Technically yes but his manager would have to source it independent of the club to not count on the salary cap. They could then ask the club for less.
Which he will do anyway! regardless of who gives him what salary, managers aren't going to help penrith secure critta for 500k, he'll do the best he can for which ever club has the best offer, and then get a 3rd party regardless, its all money for the player, its what will critta choose, does he want to be part of this team, or start from scratch at a bottom feeder club earning millions

BxTom

Bench
Which he will do anyway! regardless of who gives him what salary, managers aren't going to help penrith secure critta for 500k, he'll do the best he can for which ever club has the best offer, and then get a 3rd party regardless, its all money for the player, its what will critta choose, does he want to be part of this team, or start from scratch at a bottom feeder club earning millions
And since the idiot Fletcher has opened his big mouth saying that Penrith will do anything to keep him, the price will go up and up. I now understand why previous management refused to comment, not like the current crop of fools...

WestyLife

First Grade

Exactly. If the club does it well we would then be the Roosters.

Flashstep

Juniors
Sadly the NRL doesn’t reward clubs for developing Juniors, at this point we must be responsible for many first graders running around in today’s game and what do we get for it? f**k all, the NRL are desperate to grow the game and yet only a handful of clubs take their juniors seriously whilst the rest just buy whoever is available, this also just screws the salary cap market since so many clubs are happy to throw overs at players making market value for certain positions ridiculous.

I could be wrong but I believe the Bulldogs salary cap was so bad that the NRL punished them and made them play with a limited salary cap for several years in order for them to get it all sorted, now they have a full salary cap whilst unloading some big contract players and now they can afford to buy a whole new team basically, and it looks like our club is about to be punished for it. Great.

hindy111

Post Whore
Burton though is excess if you stick with current halves. Leinu I think will stay 100%
I reckon the club are unsure about Burton due to having g two good halves and a hooker. The spines good enough.
You still will have a strike centre and 2 very good wingers. A solid fullback.
The forward packs very strong also. Its just the bench where it may drop off a little. Reality is you can't keep them all.

Jane Murray

Bench
Burton though is excess if you stick with current halves. Leinu I think will stay 100%
I reckon the club are unsure about Burton due to having g two good halves and a hooker. The spines good enough.
The forward packs very strong also. Its just the bench where it may drop off a little. Reality is you can't keep them all.

Burton did okay in his limited minutes at centre. Now that origin is done and dusted, hopefully, some retention news will be revealed soon.

Their plan is for Burton to play right centre, but personally I think the long term goal should be to get him to fullback.

The Realist

Juniors
Hetherington’s problem is discipline.

Discipline/game IQ. He seems to have just about none at all. If he were a bit smarter or just level headed and stuck to real basics without the brain explosions - he'd be an absolute ace.

Physically he was by far our most explosive and powerful forward. Absolute freak athlete, none of our other forwards were even in the post code to him athletically.

I suspect that it may be a coaching issue TBH. I feel that a Bennett or a Bellamy could rein the beast in.

Ivan just does not have that in him. Ivan does not mold or reform wayward players. He cuts and runs on them if they are not to his liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts