What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
We are not talking about just depth players. We have potentially lost 8-10 players who were fundamental to over overall success in 2020. Regardless of whether they played one game or three or five it was about having quality depth and that is gone. Totally gone with the exedus.

Not for 2021 we aren't

Edwards
Staines
Crichton
Naden
To'o
Luai
Cleary
JFH
Api
Leota
Kikau
Martin
Yeo
May
Leinu
Capewell
Tetevano

Should be the 17. 15 of whom played in the GF

Kenny
Laurie
Whare
Mansour
Burton
Burns
Smith

Gives us 7 depth guys returning next season

I agree. @Blade23's credibility is shot :p

I know you’re saying that tongue in cheek, but just to confirm I wasn’t suggesting that. All I’m saying is things change, and obviously the Crichton situation is quite messy. If we do retain him, we’re obviously going to be paying him way above we’re the club was comfortable with.

Kilkenny

Coach
Not for 2021 we aren't

Edwards
Staines
Crichton
Naden
To'o
Luai
Cleary
JFH
Api
Leota
Kikau
Martin
Yeo
May
Leinu
Capewell
Tetevano

Should be the 17. 15 of whom played in the GF

Kenny
Laurie
Whare
Mansour
Burton
Burns
Smith

Gives us 7 depth guys returning next season

Your happy with how we are looking. I’m not.

BxTom

Bench
Lol at all the arguments. In 83 we let a player go, he was replaced by another in 84 - the players? Des Hasler and Greg Alexander. So we didn't keep Burton, the only way to have kept him was to sack either Nathan Cleary or Jerome Luai who are proven NRL stars. Do we rid ourselves of an excellent experienced half for potentially good/excellent half? Not in the real world. I moved on months ago.

WestyLife

First Grade
Lol at all the arguments. In 83 we let a player go, he was replaced by another in 84 - the players? Des Hasler and Greg Alexander. So we didn't keep Burton, the only way to have kept him was to sack either Nathan Cleary or Jerome Luai who are proven NRL stars. Do we rid ourselves of an excellent experienced half for potentially good/excellent half? Not in the real world. I moved on months ago.

For Panthers it wasn't one or the other. They obviously had a plan but he wanted the money and halves spot.

The biggest thing out of this is Panthers should get cap compensation for all the years and money put into developing him then being lured away after less than 10 games.

It wasn’t just playing 5/8 that lured Burton away, the money the Dogs offered is large as well. It’s a combination of the two. If we had more cap space we would’ve had a much better shot at keeping him at least on a short term deal.

hindy111

Post Whore
Leinu going doesn't suddenly fix Hetherington's issues though. $400k was too much to spend on someone always suspended. I think both are seperate issues like Hetherington was shopped around last year.

Lol the dogs paid what for him? He is worth 250k Max at this stage of career.
Honestly what does he offer? He is lanky and has little pcms with just normal defense. No real skill. He is firey and that's about all

franklin2323

Immortal
Lol the dogs paid what for him? He is worth 250k Max at this stage of career.
Honestly what does he offer? He is lanky and has little pcms with just normal defense. No real skill. He is firey and that's about all

That is what we paid him. How much we are covering is the question

franklin2323

Immortal
It wasn’t just playing 5/8 that lured Burton away, the money the Dogs offered is large as well. It’s a combination of the two. If we had more cap space we would’ve had a much better shot at keeping him at least on a short term deal.

He wouldn't be a half. No point paying half money

Status
Not open for further replies.