What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Don't sack Seibold

kbw

Bench
He coveted the Bronx coaching role, but he didn’t see the knives out for him or anyone else who wasn’t an old boy.

Mostly the playing group let him down, followed by white anting at all levels.

He turned the bunnies right around which makes me think he can coach.

All those silly and baseless rumours, he should have left them go.

No the knives were out because he was incompetent
Yes the players let him down but only because they are crap and have egos almost as big as his.

Turned the bunnies around my ass. Madge did that and seibold rode his coat tails. Tall about knives he also gave madge a decent stabbing in the back

Yes the players let him down but only because they are crap and have egos almost as big as his.

Turned the bunnies around my ass. Madge did that and seibold rode his coat tails. Tall about knives he also gave madge a decent stabbing in the back

Took Souths from 12th to 3rd in a year.

Check your ass.

He adds a bit of colour into the game.

One of his tricks that got Souths pumping was trying to simulate actual game conditions over 100 minutes so they could handle 80 minutes more easily.

That’s hard work, but probably more fun than running up sand dunes.

Makes me wonder if there is any kind of training that simulates actual game conditions, other than playing us Tigers in the last 6 rounds.

Hopefully the new squad members can fix that.

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade

Souths under Madge were going backwards. Seibold came in and got them humming. Bennett is the one riding coattails in the Souths job and reaping the benefits.

Took the broncos from 6th to 8th to 16th
He’s been given this job by a mate out of pity
I wonder what the salary is this time?
And for how long?

He was given a rogue playing group who ran off to Bennett’s BBQ, a befuddled dickheaded holier than thou old boys network full of white anting chop heads, a board with little or no experience and a savage media, click baiting with horror

Even Wally Lewis thought the knives were too many and too sharp.

His mistake was to leave Souths too early in the mix, although from his perspective, you have to take your chances.

The rumours were a sick thing. He’s just a regular guy.

He’s a bit unconventional, sure, but he’s not the devil incarnate.

I think he may make a good head of the nrl one day.

Give him a side that wants to have a go, he goes ok

The broncos organisation is crumbling because the new breed of officials and managers are second rate soy latte, vegan, new age corporate managerial, accountant beholden iPhone 12 worshipping turkeys.

Mind you, the knuckleheads running qld are doing their level best to f**k it’s economy. I’m glad here in nsw our premier has been distracted by her boyfriend than actually doing anything. Ask any public servant, States work better when politicians forget to govern.

Last edited:
He was given a rogue playing group who ran off to Bennett’s BBQ, a befuddled dickheaded holier than thou old boys network full of white anting chop heads, a board with little or no experience and a savage media, click baiting with horror

Even Wally Lewis thought the knives were too many and too sharp.

His mistake was to leave Souths too early in the mix, although from his perspective, you have to take your chances.

The rumours were a sick thing. He’s just a regular guy.

He’s a bit unconventional, sure, but he’s not the devil incarnate.

I think he may make a good head of the nrl one day.

Give him a side that wants to have a go, he goes ok

The broncos organisation is crumbling because the new breed of officials and managers are second rate soy latte, vegan, new age corporate managerial, accountant beholden iPhone 12 worshipping turkeys.

Mind you, the knuckleheads running qld are doing their level best to f**k it’s economy. I’m glad here in nsw our premier has been distracted by her boyfriend than actually doing anything. Ask any public servant, States work better when politicians forget to govern.

The bloke didn’t forget how to coach overnight.

There’s just something completely insipid about the Broncos since Bennett’s second stint back there... even though he got them to a GF.. The actions of those at the top, the decision makers, and those “hangers on” have reaped what they’ve sowed.

The position the club finds itself in is not the the result of Anthony Siebold.. it’s a collective of the egos of Broncos management thinking they didn’t need the greatest coach in their history, and possibly the history of the sport, calling the shots..

The bloke didn’t forget how to coach overnight.

There’s just something completely insipid about the Broncos since Bennett’s second stint back there... even though he got them to a GF.. The actions of those at the top, the decision makers, and those “hangers on” have reaped what they’ve sowed.

The position the club finds itself in is not the the result of Anthony Siebold.. it’s a collective of the egos of Broncos management thinking they didn’t need the greatest coach in their history, and possibly the history of the sport, calling the shots..

I tend to agree, he wanted two or three years and then a footy manager role. That was too much for them.

If he was an average coach and a person of average ability, you could have understood a reluctance. But Bennett is a genuine talent. He’s got another 6 or 7 years of coaching in him I’d say. So much for age.

One of the broncos biggest signings is the Melbourne CEO who has exceeded all expectations down there. They went hard after him after the demise of seibs. The storm were very upset about it. Benny Ikin just doesn’t have that experience. I prefer Benny in the media anyway. He’s a jerk sure, but way above other ex players.

I think this is the first of a series of telling losses for the storm, not just Smith but also Bellamy. The old firm is breaking up and I doubt they will recover easily. But they have very good systems and it’s seems a popular place to work.

Bellamy in particular is a massive loss. I’m hoping he will coach elsewhere. A suspect club he can lift.

The dragons L plate ceo handled the execution of Mary really well. Webby is a surprise packet. I’m hoping he continues to build. Should be a fun year at the dragons, the seemingly dysfunctional Mary machine is shattered into a million bits. None can be recycled!

Last edited:
You're suggesting what Wayne achieved with the Qld team was just a fluke and even Walters could've pulled it off?

....and the coach whisperer (lol).

Walters is in a really hard place with this expectation. He can only (wrongly) blame Seibs for so long.

You have to be careful what you wish for in this game.

If I was Walters I would have waited for the next coach to blow it and a few big signings, before moving in.

The playing group and outlook still look dicey. Cap issues thanks to player slackness. I’ve rarely seen sides give up like they did this year. They are only human, I get it, but it was f**king amazing.

Last edited:
I tend to agree, he wanted two or three years and then a footy manager role. That was too much for them.

If he was an average coach and a person of average ability, you could have understood a reluctance. But Bennett is a genuine talent. He’s got another 6 or 7 years of coaching in him I’d say. So much for age.

One of the broncos biggest signings is the Melbourne CEO who has exceeded all expectations down there. They went hard after him after the demise of seibs. The storm were very upset about it. Benny Ikin just doesn’t have that experience. I prefer Benny in the media anyway. He’s a jerk sure, but way above other ex players.

I think this is the first of a series of telling losses for the storm, not just Smith but also Bellamy. The old firm is breaking up and I doubt they will recover easily. But they have very good systems and it’s seems a popular place to work.

Bellamy in particular is a massive loss. I’m hoping he will coach elsewhere. A suspect club he can lift.

The dragons L plate ceo handled the execution of Mary really well. Webby is a surprise packet. I’m hoping he continues to build. Should be a fun year at the dragons, the seemingly dysfunctional Mary machine is shattered into a million bits. None can be recycled!
I hope you're right about the Storm.

2020 was a great year for everyone who has been buggered by the News Ltd Broncos, even though we had to watch the News Ltd Created But No Longer Owned Storm win again.

Brisbane 2 could very well be the demise of the Storm. Munster said he would be interested in playing for the Bombers. They'll take up a lot of the SEQ juniors Melbourne have relied upon.

I hope you're right about the Storm.

2020 was a great year for everyone who has been buggered by the News Ltd Broncos, even though we had to watch the News Ltd Created But No Longer Owned Storm win again.

Brisbane 2 could very well be the demise of the Storm. Munster said he would be interested in playing for the Bombers. They'll take up a lot of the SEQ juniors Melbourne have relied upon.

Its no secret that the storm have been losing money hand over fist for a long time.

Even success hasn’t been able to stem the flow of dollars. As the results dive, so the debt should increase.

Rugby league is not a national game. It doesn’t need to be. We’ve got wonderful cousins in the uk,nz and the islands. Our little friends in Tonga and Samoa have more raw talent than about 4 Australian states and make great league fans ( and great Australians when they immigrate).

Its no secret that the storm have been losing money hand over fist for a long time.

Even success hasn’t been able to stem the flow of dollars. As the results dive, so the debt should increase.

Rugby league is not a national game. It doesn’t need to be. We’ve got wonderful cousins in the uk,nz and the islands. Our little friends in Tonga and Samoa have more raw talent than about 4 Australian states and make great league fans ( and great Australians when they immigrate).
This is true.

If a Sydney team gets squeezed out of that market and decides it will have a better time attracting sponsors by relocating to Brisbane, NZ, Perth or even Adelaide then so be it, but expansion shouldn't happen just because AwFuL have done it.

I think Adelaide and Perth can only survive in the NRL by adopting in relocated teams from Sydney that retain their original catchment area. Brisbane can handle having 2 or 3 extra teams of its own, provided they're added over a 20-30 year period so each new club has a chance to build a base.

I think NZ could handle an extra team or two of its own.

This is true.

If a Sydney team gets squeezed out of that market and decides it will have a better time attracting sponsors by relocating to Brisbane, NZ, Perth or even Adelaide then so be it, but expansion shouldn't happen just because AwFuL have done it.

I think Adelaide and Perth can only survive in the NRL by adopting in relocated teams from Sydney that retain their original catchment area. Brisbane can handle having 2 or 3 extra teams of its own, provided they're added over a 20-30 year period so each new club has a chance to build a base.

I think NZ could handle an extra team or two of its own.

Yeah that’s good.

I think a combined NSW/ Queensland country team could be an item as well if it was managed properly.

For all you Seibs fans, he did a pre-season video of a “ day in the life” of a broncos coach.

Catch all the fun at:

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2020/01/16/a-day-in-the-life-of-the-broncos-head-coach/

I think he got himself a Kia Stinger for the duration which was nice. I

I noticed a lot of interaction with senior players, but watching closely I detected some general aloofness as well.

I saw players training runs being tracked on the big screen, I think someone was in trouble for a bent trajectory instead of going straight.

He did a charity thing for men’s mental health, which was kind of him.

He didn’t come across as arrogant or anything like that. Just totally consumed into the task.

Latest posts