What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Don't sack Seibold

_Johnsy

Referee
I think Brisbane should hold a one night special TV show to announce the new coach.

We have two options for the crowd for the taping of the show. Think "The Price is Right".

1) Have all candidates they were considering for the gig in 2021 sitting in with the rest of the crowd of Brisbane season ticket holders.
2) We have just Kev sitting alone in an empty studio.

Then the announcement comes over the PA ""Get set, Brisbane It's time to Come on Down From Studio 1 in Red Hill, home of Brisbane's favourite football team, it's The New Coach is Right! Come on Down little Kev Walters"

Dependant on what scenario we go with 1 or 2, Cue complete craziness and the loyal Bronco fans lose their collective shyte or Kev is that excited that he finally jagged a head coaching gig in the NRL he trips over face first.

You know it has to happen.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
LOL! Why should the Broncos be entitled to success? Sheer utter arrogance.

Is this going to start to become like cricket where the World Cup format was changed for the 2011/15 tournaments just so India (whose cricket board, BCCI, contributes > 60% of the ICC's total revenue from the test playing nations) had pretty much a guaranteed finals spot after they were too inept in 2007 where they lost to Bangladesh, didn't make it past the group stage (also, Pakistan lost to Ireland and didn't advance beyond the group stage) and tv broadcasters were upset at a drop in ratings during the 2nd round and finals?

Since 1992, the Broncos have only missed the finals twice (2010, 2013). If my team (Knights) make the finals this year, it will be the first time since 2013 they've made the top 8.

They aren't entitled to success and it is up to them and them only to dig themselves out of their current hole. It is not good for the game though to have two of the game's biggest clubs at the bottom of the ladder and as a lover of the game, to me it's not something worth celebrating.

Canard

Immortal
They aren't entitled to success and it is up to them and them only to dig themselves out of their current hole. It is not good for the game though to have two of the game's biggest clubs at the bottom of the ladder and as a lover of the game, to me it's not something worth celebrating.

It's worth celebrating to me.

They can suck a fart for all Im concerned.

10$ Ferret

Staff member

As far as Brisbane are concerned its absolutely worth celebrating.
If you are old enough have to put up with their arrogance, cheating and general all round BS though the 80s and 90s then you must realise this is just Karma.

I hope they suffer for a long time, they derserve it

I hope they get Bennett back too, he is a useless evil old man that needs to go back to finish the destruction of the club like he did with the Knights and Dragons

Mr Spock!

Referee
I think Brisbane should hold a one night special TV show to announce the new coach.

We have two options for the crowd for the taping of the show. Think "The Price is Right".

1) Have all candidates they were considering for the gig in 2021 sitting in with the rest of the crowd of Brisbane season ticket holders.
2) We have just Kev sitting alone in an empty studio.

Then the announcement comes over the PA ""Get set, Brisbane It's time to Come on Down From Studio 1 in Red Hill, home of Brisbane's favourite football team, it's The New Coach is Right! Come on Down little Kev Walters"

Dependant on what scenario we go with 1 or 2, Cue complete craziness and the loyal Bronco fans lose their collective shyte or Kev is that excited that he finally jagged a head coaching gig in the NRL he trips over face first.

You know it has to happen.
What about

Survivor - Broncos.....

with special guest and host Andrew Gee who has hidden 4 million in cash in brown paper bags to be found........

Coaching prospects have all types of challenges eg where to put a million dollar Milford and where would you hide his KFC, how to inspire a bunch of overpaid nohopers to give a shit, how to negotiate a 5 year multimillion dollar deal with a 3 year option in your favour based on no success. how do you put Darius out of his misery, play pin the next season ending injury on Jack Bird, can your children survive a night with Matt Lodge, Pangai Jr gives a tour of his favourite bikie hangouts during covid-19 lockdown and David Fifita takes the gang to bali to see who can survive attacking a security guard, who can be the first to make Brodie Croft cry........

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
upload_2020-8-26_10-58-28-jpeg.41327
You mean fans can cut out the "WILL" possibly add a ? At the end of the quote

_Johnsy

Referee
What about

Survivor - Broncos.....

with special guest and host Andrew Gee who has hidden 4 million in cash in brown paper bags to be found........

Coaching prospects have all types of challenges eg where to put a million dollar Milford and where would you hide his KFC, how to inspire a bunch of overpaid nohopers to give a shit, how to negotiate a 5 year multimillion dollar deal with a 3 year option in your favour based on no success. how do you put Darius out of his misery, play pin the next season ending injury on Jack Bird, can your children survive a night with Matt Lodge, Pangai Jr gives a tour of his favourite bikie hangouts during covid-19 lockdown and David Fifita takes the gang to bali to see who can survive attacking a security guard, who can be the first to make Brodie Croft cry........

John Ribot the host and it's revealed at the end of the season he is a cannibal & has eaten each evictee after their dismissal?

MugaB

Coach
Same here, surely its something worth hearing? And obviously untrue, but there is such a fuss that someone actually must know what rumour this is,
I mean even erin moylan was upset about this said rumour, now let me tell you, it takes a lot of effort to upset erin!

Nah seriously what is all the fuss, whats he "supposed" to have done, besides the obvious downfall of the Broncos brand for 2020 onwards
Seriously anyone actually know any of the "rumours" coz all of this just seems like BS spin for the press to excuse seibs and switch to paul green

gerg

Juniors
Seriously anyone actually know any of the "rumours" coz all of this just seems like BS spin for the press to excuse seibs and switch to paul green

I'm almost 50 and completely inept at finding out these types of rumours, but I found them pretty easy.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
We need Anthony Cam.
A media crew need to follow him around documenting his reactions to the end results of his wonderful coaching career at Brisbane.. Especially now as they are likely to be able to add to their trophy cabinet

blue bags

First Grade
Rugby League boss denies that an employee was behind vicious social media campaign against Anthony Seibold after former Broncos coach made explosive claims on 60 Minutes
  • Anthony Seibold opens up on the toll vile rumours have had on him and family
  • Quit as Brisbane Broncos coach in wake of online trolls spreading rumours
  • Seibold says rumours came from within NRL circles but can't reveal any names
  • NSW Rugby League boss David Trodden denies that staff were involved
By AAP

PUBLISHED: 21:44 AEDT, 12 October 2020 | UPDATED: 21:45 AEDT, 12 October 2020

NSW Rugby League boss David Trodden is confident none his full-time employees were behind a vicious social media campaign against Anthony Seibold.

Trodden was shocked when a 60 Minutes report on Sunday night claimed the NRL integrity unit had been told a NSWRL employee was involved in the spreading of vile rumours.

It came after Seibold hired lawyers and cyber investigators to look into scurrilous rumours spread about him and his family online in August, just before he quit as Brisbane coach.

Sunday night's program was the first he had heard of the link between his organisation and the scandal, having not previously been contacted by the NRL, police or Seibold himself.

Anthony Seibold reveals he knows who spread damning rumours about him

False rumours spread by online trolls took a heavy toll on former NRL coach Anthony Seibold

Trodden was desperate to investigate the matter himself, calling the NRL on Monday morning before speaking with Seibold's representatives.

'While the various parties are unable to provide the identity of the person involved because of ongoing police investigations, I am confident that the person is not a full-time employee of NSWRL,' Trodden said.

'Trolling is appalling ... and action should be taken if it is properly proven.

'It should never be tolerated and we feel for Anthony Seibold and his family for what he has been put through.

NSW Rugby League boss David Trodden (pictured) is confident none his full-time employees were behind a vicious social media campaign against Anthony Seibold

Anthony Seibold has vowed to bring those responsible for the rumours to justice. He's pictured with wife Hollie at the 2018 Dally M Awards

'Equally, it is really important for me, as CEO of NSWRL, to make it clear that none of our employees are involved in the alleged behaviour.'

The NSWRL employees 93 people, and Trodden feared at this stage all had been implicated by the public claims and tarred with the same brush.

'I was totally surprised to hear what was said and disappointed that serious allegations like that would appear when we knew nothing of them,' Trodden told AAP.'

'They are really serious issues that need to be taken seriously ad investigated and dealt with properly.

Seibold detailed how the rumours had hurt him most given comments made about his family, but said he could not publicly out anyone behind them.

'It's someone who makes a living from our game who is part of the conversation and added to the rumours and forwarded them on,' Seibold told 60 Minutes.

'That's what so ironic about all of this. I can't sit here and tell you these names because essentially 60 Minutes could be charged. It's crazy'

Seibold's rise and fall at Brisbane
September 2018: Anthony Seibold is named Dally M coach of the year after leading South Sydney to third in his debut season as head coach

December 2018: Seibold swaps clubs with NRL supercoach Wayne Bennett after he's announced as the new coach of the Brisbane Broncos for 2019

September 2019: Brisbane have a woeful start to the season and are in danger of missing the finals for the first time in the club's 32-year history. The club bounces back to scrape into the NRL finals in eighth spot.

September 2019: The Broncos crash out of the finals with a humiliating 58-0 thrashing against the Parramatta Eels, which at the time became the biggest loss in the club's history

March 2020: The Broncos record two wins from their first two games of the season before the NRL is put on hold due to COVID-19.

Anthony Seibold announced his immediate departure from the club on Wednesday

May 2020: The Broncos season restart with a 43-6 loss against the Eels. The club has recorded just one win to date since the competition resumed.

June 2020: The Broncos' woes continue the following week with an embarrassing 59-0 loss against the Sydney Roosters, the club's worst ever defeat.

August 8 2020: Seibold exits the NRL quarantine bubble to stay in Sydney with his family for personal reasons following his side's loss against the Rabbitohs. He returns to Brisbane several days later to undergo 14 days of quarantine

August 11 2020: Seibold hires lawyers in response to rumours about his personal life being circulated online

August 26 2020: Seibold quits as Brisbane Broncos coach
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-employee-vicious-social-media-campaign.html

Last edited:

Latest posts