What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whino

Bench
The Packer to Penrith rumour is still lingering. I don't like rumours that don't go away.
I am worried.

Flashstep

Juniors
Wow, couldn’t disagree more. He looks a gun prop, and props best years are typically from 21-25. He’s just coming into his prime.

Agree with you on this one, he’s still a kid and already looks like a very good player, very quick for a forward and is strong as hell.

I like that we’re taking it easy by not giving him much game time at this point of his career, once he builds a solid foundation he could easily be one of the best forwards running around in a few years. I really hope we hold onto him.

Agree with you on this one, he’s still a kid and already looks like a very good player, very quick for a forward and is strong as hell.

I like that we’re taking it easy by not giving him much game time at this point of his career, once he builds a solid foundation he could easily be one of the best forwards running around in a few years. I really hope we hold onto him.

You say that like you don’t agree with me on other things :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Luke Bowden

First Grade
There’s always a certain price to pay for potential, so yeah I’d pay him a bit more than his current worth. It all depends on what the other offers are.

Of course, that’s kinda my point, he’s been made a competitive offer, taking into consideration his potential.

He wants to go and try an get a better deal.

Best of luck to him if he does, I personally don’t think he would be worth paying more than we have offered him.

Sime_11

Juniors
Spencer still in the potential at the moment but he’s tracking very nicely, still play fish leota and tetavano ahead of him, but it won’t be long before Spencer is one of our best props (fish will always have him covered tho)

Of course, that’s kinda my point, he’s been made a competitive offer, taking into consideration his potential.

He wants to go and try an get a better deal.

Best of luck to him if he does, I personally don’t think he would be worth paying more than we have offered him.

How do we know the offer is competitive? As far as I can tell I haven’t seen an figures mentioned at all.

franklin2323

Immortal
You’ve got to choose wisely. Some are worth taking a punt on potential, some are not. Someone as skilled as he is, at the age he is, I think it’s worth a punt on some extra money.

Fish and Yeo are bigs that should be on big coin. Then the halves speak for themselves. Crichton gives you the class out wide.

The rest need to be weighed up what they offer compared to what is out on the market.

Rumours had us at having $600k left. Then we got Tetevano and Capewell. So you need to weigh up across the squad. Like if we pay $600-$700k for Leinu ( which using Flegler as example he'd get). We risk losing Kikau. Are we better off? Or do we spend less to keep a deeper squad?

That is the tough balancing act

franklin2323

Immortal
Spencer still in the potential at the moment but he’s tracking very nicely, still play fish leota and tetavano ahead of him, but it won’t be long before Spencer is one of our best props (fish will always have him covered tho)

All 3 of those guys you mentioned can all be approached in 12 months time. Api and Kikau too... Paying too much on potential now risks losing them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts