What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Not really. In 18 games he offered lots of running as evidenced by run metres, (over 100m a game) and line breaks but not much play making:

3 LBA's, 5 try assists, 10 line breaks

Source: Zero tackle
That seemed more because of his role in the team than anything. He’s been told to run and that’s what he does. What worries me is the amount of times he has poked his nose through or made a clean break and he just dies with the ball. It’s like he’s second guessing himself, once again you have to question the game plan and if we have the coaching staff to get his game to the next level. Hopefully Joey being on the field next year can make a difference.

Snoochies

First Grade
New rules.

• the introduction of a two-point field goal for kicks taken from more than 40 metres out;
  • six-again to be called for 10-metre infringements;
  • penalties for teams if they leave a scrum before a referee calls "break";
  • a play-the-ball restart if the ball or player with the ball goes over the sideline;
  • The Bunker will now review replays after an on-field referee awards a try but a conversion attempt will not be allowed until it gets the green light;
  • injured players will be interchanged if a trainer ask for play to be stopped;
  • when a captain's challenge is inconclusive a team will not be docked for an unsuccessful attempt;
  • and a handover will be ordered when a player does not make a genuine attempt to play the ball correctly with their foot.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/12/11/nrl-announces-rule-changes-to-make-game-more-entertaining/

Gronk

Staff member
Mate, you're a legend, and I mean no disrespect - but I think you're being unjustly harsh on Dylan Brown.

Kicking, and passing will develop with time, and with confidence.

However, the two attributes that can't really be "taught" - defence, and running - Brown already has in spades.

He is a special talent.

Munster is the best and he doesn't have a passing game of any note.

84 Baby

Referee
  • the introduction of a two-point field goal for kicks taken from more than 40 metres out; Outside the occasional guy with a decent boot, reckon this will only come up once every few years
  • six-again to be called for 10-metre infringements; as long as they willing to bin players for constant infringement
  • penalties for teams if they leave a scrum before a referee calls "break"; wasn’t this always a penalty? Will they penalise incorrect feeds then as well?
  • a play-the-ball restart if the ball or player with the ball goes over the sideline; so if it’s kicked over? Could we see rugger style quick restarts if they get the ball back quick enough?
  • The Bunker will now review replays after an on-field referee awards a try but a conversion attempt will not be allowed until it gets the green light; why bother having refs?
  • injured players will be interchanged if a trainer ask for play to be stopped; great change. The only reason injury should stop play (except if it’s the ball carrier) are HIAs and Oates type injuries where the player needs to be taken off anyway. If Scum want play stopped because their winger has a cramp then they can cop it
  • when a captain's challenge is inconclusive a team will not be docked for an unsuccessful attempt; depends on what they classify as inconclusive but if video can’t see the ball or whatever yeah I think it’s a bit harsh
  • and a handover will be ordered when a player does not make a genuine attempt to play the ball correctly with their foot. Reckon we’ll either see a shit ton called or none. Good thing Mannah retired

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
  • a play-the-ball restart if the ball or player with the ball goes over the sideline; so if it’s kicked over? Could we see rugger style quick restarts if they get the ball back quick enough?
I reckon this will lead to a lot of shoving and slapping, after a player is tackled over the sideline, as merkins shove his head into the ground while others try to reef the ball out of his hands for the quick restart.

T.S Quint

Coach
PVL isn’t going to stop until we are a completely different game than the one we have. I’m not opposed to rule changes, but he’s completely changing the fabric of the game. The penalty has pretty much been taken out of the game now, and the scrum is going that way as well.
If every infringement (apart from foul play) is going to just be a tackle restart I’d at least like them to come up with some way of letting the fans (and players too I guess) know what the call is for. Most times those restarts are called for seemingly nothing and the refs never have to answer for it.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
PVL isn’t going to stop until we are a completely different game than the one we have. I’m not opposed to rule changes, but he’s completely changing the fabric of the game. The penalty has pretty much been taken out of the game now, and the scrum is going that way as well.
If every infringement (apart from foul play) is going to just be a tackle restart I’d at least like them to come up with some way of letting the fans (and players too I guess) know what the call is for. Most times those restarts are called for seemingly nothing and the refs never have to answer for it.
Well like Roy and HG say. Rugby League was the sport, but Rugba League! is a TV show

Gazzamatta

Coach
Have they stopped the "extra man" trainer from setting up camp behind the defensive line organising the teams "D"? Or calling the attacking plays when they have the ball? This should be absolutely outlawed. Trainers should not enter the field of play unless granted permission by the linesman for legitimate reason. Period.