What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intro, 2021 and the development.

Goblin_Shark

Juniors
Hi LU sharks fans ...I’m goblin_shark just signed up after reading posts for the last few months without the ability to reply to any.

42 year old Married father of 2, Lifelong fan from western Sydney. I was there in 2016... what a night and won’t ever forget it.

Anyway... regarding this year I don’t have much expectation, I think we miss the 8 and finish 10th-12th. A transitional year and I’m very hopeful we make some calls on the salary cap situation to get us back in the market.

While I’m here... who thinks we are a hope of playing at shark park in 2022? I think we are no chance.

Goblin_Shark

Juniors
The club needs to get Infront of this and be transparent about it. This isnt something they can hide, people will know it’s not being built just by driving past the mud pile.

Holds back sponsors,memberships, club patronage and plays directly into the hands of those who say we should be in a central stadium.

Over to you Dino.

ghoti

Bench
Welcome to the shitshow goblin! Hope you've picked a side in the core forum debates of playing extraordinarily untested youth or a once-proven player of faded glory... and deciding between death riding Chad Townsend or learn to stop worrying and love the 6/10 halfback performance...

The development has been such an ever present slow grind of hail mary's for this club...it's got the real smell of a flop about it hey.. i don't think we can keep leaning on it for survival

I think we finish 7th-10th this year, i can't see our squad dictating our own terms to make the Top 4, it's really gonna be up to what the teams around us do and i think there's a lot of improvement around us on the 2020 ladder. Warriors, Titans, Manly and Wests are all primed to jump a spot or two... and from within the 8 the only teams I see trending downwards are Penrith, Parra and Newcastle. Honestly it feels like the third year in a row where we might win and many as we lose and place eighth...the upside is that majority of the squad has played in a final now and there's essentially no untested youth in the top squad.

Goblin_Shark

Juniors
Thanks for the welcome ghoti.

Look regarding Chad and the young guys getting blooded I’m not overly passionate either way so you can have me on the fence if you like. Sure I’d love to see a gun attacking half but not at the sacrifice of experience when we need it. Additionally what we don’t see from forum land is the impact Chad has around the place. We may not agree with it but it’s real.

The reality is when you look at our squad and then compare it to 2016 they have overachieved imo. Mostly due to a good draw in 2020 which is proven by the fact we didn’t beat a team above us but beat every team below us.

The day to day running of the club by Morris is still I think a bridge too far for him but like most rookies he gets what he is given and he sinks or swims. So far he is floating, not swimming but not dead either. 2021 if relatively covid uninterrupted will see his fate decided.

Goblin_Shark

Juniors
That’s a harsh caller on Bomber.... Nene was picked up when Morris left for Bondi, Xerri was busted For drugs and Mulitalo had knee surgery and was out for a month. If we got one more injury without Nene on the books we couldn’t have replaced that player.
Furthermore we had to fill the 30 and had very little money.

Tiger Shark

Bench
The club needs to get Infront of this and be transparent about it. This isnt something they can hide, people will know it’s not being built just by driving past the mud pile.

Holds back sponsors,memberships, club patronage and plays directly into the hands of those who say we should be in a central stadium.

Over to you Dino.

Welcome mate.. also what do you expect the club to do and get “in front” of it? They’ve said they expect to play there in 2022 and potentially nothing has changed.

We moved so it was easier for the developers but we could have still played there.
Every chance we just tell them we’re playing there no matter what, it might mean no Leagues club, maybe no PB Stand?
Do you want to play there under those conditions? Personally I’m in no rush.

Goblin_Shark

Juniors
My point is tiger that we are 14 months from kickoff again at shark park... not even close to being started let alone finished so if it was a 2 year delay are we looking at 4?

They won’t play if it’s a construction site otherwise they would have this year.

I’d just like the club to give regular updates that’s all I’m asking.

DJDL

Bench
That’s a harsh caller on Bomber.... Nene was picked up when Morris left for Bondi, Xerri was busted For drugs and Mulitalo had knee surgery and was out for a month. If we got one more injury without Nene on the books we couldn’t have replaced that player.
Furthermore we had to fill the 30 and had very little money.

Holy s@&t, a new poster with an ounce of common sense.

When was the last time that happened?

Welcome aboard goblin.

Oh, and happy new year pharkers :blush::thumbsup:

Special K

Coach
Now the construction is done on the road it’s a ghost town around the ground. There’s no chance we will be there in 2022

yadamisha

Juniors
Stage 4 construction is due to begin in the New Year now that Unit sales have passed the point money is released to start construction. That happened late last year, too late to move in the heavy equipment before the break but hording is now all up which is the final stage before construction begins.

The club has stated (through the CEO and Chairman Updates) they are back to playing at Shark Park in 22 and will have the ground in a condition to enable that through what happens next year. No one likes playing at Kogarah, not even the club. In hindsight they could have played at Shark Park this year but from a planning point of view that was never an option.

COE will not start until Federal government money is forthcoming and/or we get State Gov money from the stadium hand outs (or a rich benefactor)! The club itself will not spend $8 million of our reserves to cover the required shortfall, given it is not a money making venture. That is all that is holding that up. If that money is suddenly forthcoming then where we play in 22 may change whilst it is built.