What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bomber Morris Issue

Chimp

Bench
Bomber put a 5am training penalty on the team because one player didn’t come in proper training attire... that’s a massive tick for me.
Me too.... Have to say; they’re all looking much more time and athletic.... Tracey looks to have put on some bulk, but very athletic

Stake Removed

First Grade
Let's hope the coaching staff have driven into the players no flops in tackles and how to play the ball that one is a gimme as players should know that.
The first player who rolls the ball instead of playing should be hooked immediately, and play for jets the next week that will set an example of what is expected

coolumsharkie

Referee
Maybe they WERE in 'good nick', but the Coach didn't know how to coach them. There did seem to be a lot of frustration amongst the team at times...

Hunt and Norman. They are average footballers. Forwards are piss poor bar one or two. Don;t think much will change for the better with McCullock if he joins the team as predicted.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Bomber on the Joel and Fletch show or what ever you call it

https://www.sen.com.au/programs/joel-and-fletch/

Talks about McInnes and a few other things.

Said all discussions have been about playing lock, wouldn't have continued discussions if he wanted to play hooker. Blayke excited about him coming.
It is such a huge bonus with McInnes, we seen what happened when Brailey got injured in semi against Raiders we were on top, massive adjustment to dummy half.
We have McInnes slots straight in easier to then fix backrow rotation

ghoti

Bench
It is such a huge bonus with McInnes, we seen what happened when Brailey got injured in semi against Raiders we were on top, massive adjustment to dummy half.

Yeah it was a huge mistake to carry Sorensen as our only back up 'hooker' in that game, even if firced...the final was over the moment he took over (no shade on him, just needed a reshuffle that was too drastic for Bomber to push the button on).

Flexibility of McInnes is huge, especially considering how much higher the exhaustion and injury rate SEEMS with the new rules (though my suspicion is that most of last year's injuries came from the disrupted preparation due to covid rather than set restarts etc but who am I to guess!?)

Tiger Shark

Bench

Absolutely, means we can play 4 forwards on the bench or the utility on the bench doesn't need to cover the hooker position. Though I like 4 forwards on the bench with Talakai offering the ability to cover middle if McInnes goes to hooker, edge backrow or centre.

If half goes down Wade can go to half. If a FB goes down Dugan can go back there and bring in Talakai. If a winger goes down bring in Dugan. (this is if we get McInnes this year, Dugan might not be with us next year)

With an 80 min hooker, 80 min left edge, 80 min lock it leaves us the ability to really rotate the big boys and get some punch some metres.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Absolutely, means we can play 4 forwards on the bench or the utility on the bench doesn't need to cover the hooker position. Though I like 4 forwards on the bench with Talakai offering the ability to cover middle if McInnes goes to hooker, edge backrow or centre.

If half goes down Wade can go to half. If a FB goes down Dugan can go back there and bring in Talakai. If a winger goes down bring in Dugan. (this is if we get McInnes this year, Dugan might not be with us next year)

With an 80 min hooker, 80 min left edge, 80 min lock it leaves us the ability to really rotate the big boys and get some punch some metres.
I like what you are saying, with some slight differences when we get McInnes
If a half gets injured not Wade but Brailey goes there, McInnes to hooker.
In centres we have both Nikora & Talakai who can handle role for most of a game.
But McInness has added some much more flexibility in the squad

Tiger Shark

Bench
I like what you are saying, with some slight differences when we get McInnes
If a half gets injured not Wade but Brailey goes there, McInnes to hooker.
In centres we have both Nikora & Talakai who can handle role for most of a game.
But McInness has added some much more flexibility in the squad

Wades generally gone to the halves when someone's gone down so just went with what we've done previously

chewsta

First Grade
Absolutely, means we can play 4 forwards on the bench or the utility on the bench.

Hitting the nail on the head here Tiger.
A smaller, more mobile pack with 4 forwards on the bench keeps the tempo high and in our favour with the new rules and faster game. Hell even Fifita has lost over 20 kilos and actually looks fit and healthy for the first time in a long time.
Bomber obviously has a vision and plan in motion. Hopefully he gets to see it through.

Latest posts