What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Maddragon99

Juniors
Is Zac the future Club Captain? I say yes even as early as next year if McInnes moves on.

He’s already demonstrated his commitment to the Red V by signing a 5yr contract extension, his place in the starting team is assured in fact he’s the only back coming into 2021 who’s locked in. At the same age he’s as good as Cooper or Gasnier were at 20. he’s already a fringe rep player plus he’s an above average goal kicker.

No hint of off field trouble on the contrary he seams a really good guy. Finally he’s a good looking boy, great face for our world famous brand.

getsmarty

Immortal
January 14 2021 - 1:16PM
Lomax not looking back on breakout season
Dragons Den
r0_0_4182_2797_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

PUMPED: Zac Lomax says he'll need to find another gear in 2021. Picture: NRL Imagery

HE was the star in an otherwise forgettable campaign for the Dragons last season, but Zac Lomax says he'll need to find another level heading into his third full year in the NRL.

The 21-year-old spent last preseason getting the running in his legs to play fullback, having been anointed first choice No. 1 by then coach Paul McGregor.

The experiment ultimately lasted just one game, with a shift to the wing in round two before returning from the league's COVID-enforced hiatus at right centre.

He made the position his own from there, grabbing 13 tries and forcing his way into Brad Fittler's NSW squad for the end-of-season Origin series. It's a solid platform to launch 2021 from, but the Temora product insists he won't be resting on it.

"I think the really good players always go back and find things to work on," Lomax said.

"I'm not going to go out there and base my game on what I did last year, I just want to take each game as it comes. I'm looking to better my game as much as possible.

"I want to instil a lot more confidence in the players beside me so it's about having consistency from my good games to a bad game. You look at the best players in the NRL are consistently playing around that eight out of 10 mark.

"That's where I want to to be, I want to be that player that's not going to let my teammates down and they know, consistently, what they're going to get from me. If I can consistently have an eight out of 10 game, I'll feel I'm moving in the right direction."

The mentality is the product of time under Fittler in Blues camp that proved a crash course in professionalism.

"It was an unreal experience, certainly one I didn't take for granted," Lomax said.

"I was around the best players in the game so I just went in there, took my notepad, and tried to understand every different player, their rituals and their habits. I took so much out of it.

"Confidence is a big thing you can take out of it but just prepping for a game and how to be a full-time professional away from footy as well. There's so many players on that team that typify being a professional footballer.

"I definitely took a leaf out of every book. Fingers crossed I can stay there but, most importantly, I want to play consistent footy here for the Dragons and put the team here in the red v in a better position that last year."

As for what position he'll play, a breakout season and invitation into Blues camp leaves Lomax one of just a handful of players in the Dragons squad that is a selection lock in his preferred spot.

Whether he spends the entire season there remains to be seen, with Lomax yet to have conversation with new coach Anthony Griffin.

"I just like to see myself as just a footy player and play wherever's best for my team," Lomax said.

"That's what I've always been open to doing so wherever Hook wants me I'm happy to play. I definitely did feel comfortable there at centre towards the back end of the season. I feel like we were building a good combination there on the right edge.

"Mika [Ravalawa] is unreal to play with, he's got such a powerful carry and he's one of the best finishers in the game in my opinion. It was just good to get some combinations there and hopefully we're building something special on that edge."

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/7086039/lomax-not-looking-back-on-breakout-season/?cs=3713

gitano

Juniors
If we're fair dinkum he has to be dropped.

Pathetic in defence, lame in attack.

Kicks goals but that on its own doesn't deserve a first grade spot.

rasaint

Juniors
Zac is in his 4 th season of NRL. He is simply a n unremarkable footballer. Never understood all the hyped comments that continue to now.

Occasionally will make a great high jump catch and run a good line off a Dufty pass. Mostly low impact attack and handled easily due lack of genuine dash. Tackles ok and a good goal kicker. Not a $500k player IMO. 6 seasons on big coin. Another head scratching approach to cap management.

to_ddeath

Coach
If we're fair dinkum he has to be dropped.

Pathetic in defence, lame in attack.

Kicks goals but that on its own doesn't deserve a first grade spot.

Hey dickhead
You could say that about Dufty and the bulk of the side yesterday
Your poster boy probably won’t get back into FG across the ditch, so find another target FFS.
Honestly you are the most nauseating poster around

thebigredv

First Grade
Zac is in his 4 th season of NRL. He is simply a n unremarkable footballer. Never understood all the hyped comments that continue to now.

Occasionally will make a great high jump catch and run a good line off a Dufty pass. Mostly low impact attack and handled easily due lack of genuine dash. Tackles ok and a good goal kicker. Not a $500k player IMO. 6 seasons on big coin. Another head scratching approach to cap management.

He's worth his weight in goal kicking. Not a huge attacking weapon I have to agree but a piece of the puzzle I would be keeping and just as well because he is signed to 2050.

Spazer

Juniors
Is capable of putting points on the board for us but has bad reads in defence and makes a lot of handling errors and has had a couple of off seasons to work on this with little improvement. I like him for his attacking ability but he really needs to improve if he wants to keep his spot.

Woops wrong thread.

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
He just does it to get a rise, just not as good as some of the other trolls on this forums (the key is being funny)

Deep down he cares about his dragons as we all do, it just comes out in funny ways sometimes. Kind of like the girl that picked on you during school, only to find out later in life that she liked you

gitano

Juniors
Hey dickhead
You could say that about Dufty and the bulk of the side yesterday
Your poster boy probably won’t get back into FG across the ditch, so find another target FFS.
Honestly you are the most nauseating poster around

He's a dud I'm sorry.

Not developing at all, I'm afraid. Good goal kicker but that's where it ends.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
He just does it to get a rise, just not as good as some of the other trolls on this forums (the key is being funny)

Deep down he cares about his dragons as we all do, it just comes out in funny ways sometimes. Kind of like the girl that picked on you during school, only to find out later in life that she liked you
Oh well he's signed for years and will continue to a mainstay of our side during that period so he better start liking him because the side will be built around him, he's our longest signed player.

Latest posts