What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McCullough

thebigredv

First Grade
Hunt & McCullough are great mates with a long history together as per this story:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/05...-test-alongside-great-mate-andrew-mccullough/

This is the one & only reason I can possibly see why Dragons would sign him, to keep Benny happy and switched on.

First we have the old boys sitting pretty and untouchable in their 'management' positions and now we've become the club where old mates and brothers get to hang out, and maybe even play a bit of footy every now and then.

Ben Hunt will never be happy and never will he play up to his potential again. He's mentally cooked and this club is beyond a joke. That's whether we sign old man mccullogh or not.

This Year?

Immortal
If the McCullough thing eventuates, he would surely be a depth signing and a mentor to our young hookers coming through.

I'm not at all outraged by it and I think it will free up money for a better signing in a position which we need more quality.

BLM01

First Grade
First we have the old boys sitting pretty and untouchable in their 'management' positions and now we've become the club where old mates and brothers get to hang out, and maybe even play a bit of footy every now and then.

Ben Hunt will never be happy and never will he play up to his potential again. He's mentally cooked and this club is beyond a joke. That's whether we sign old man mccullogh or not.
What about Hunt and Munster?
They are great mates too. :wink:

rasaint

Juniors
A solid player at best. Very serious hamstring? Injury. Already past 30. Surely this can not be true.

Drakon

Juniors
Telegraph also reporting it but behind a paywall. Can anyone post it?

4f6d346c3d9d11335e4ec940a56db926

Transfer watch: Dragons chasing Broncos veteran
St George Illawarra coach Anthony Griffin is looking to bring a Brisbane Broncos veteran and familiar face to the Dragons.

Gareth67

First Grade
Well that certainly sets the dragons amongst the ponies .

According to that article they - the Broncs are willing to allow him to depart , but only on their terms . If Griffin truly wants this chap then in this instance it will need to be the Dragons who make concessions , more so when considering it was Brisbane who made
the same with Jack Bird .

So the ball is truly in the Joint Venture’s court with this one .

Gareth67

First Grade
I really like McInnes but seems he must be leaving:thinking:
I really like McInnes but seems he must be leaving:thinking:

Yes Dragons 2020 I agree with you . McInnes has already stated that he would prefer the hooker role and I believe that - as another member ( ?) stated earlier in the thread - if McCulloch is signed then he will certainly play in that position and have Hunt in the 7 .

This will give McInnes a early release to the Tigers and the Dragons will have a new hooker to begin the ‘ Griffin era ‘ with . The only bright spot is that there shall be less disruption to the team by having McCulloch in place by round one of the 2021 season .

Rooster2019

Juniors
The tigers are not the only team trying to sign Cameron. The titans are offering a 4 year $2.6 million deal. He has a young family and parents live on the Sunshine Coast. Titans believe he is the missing piece to make them a top 4 team.

Gareth67

First Grade
The tigers are not the only team trying to sign Cameron. The titans are offering a 4 year $2.6 million deal. He has a young family and parents live on the Sunshine Coast. Titans believe he is the missing piece to make them a top 4 team.

If that is indeed the case , then I know which of the 3 clubs I would chose - and it would not be the Tigers or most unfortunately the Dragons .

Family is everything in this day and age .

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
He probably is too, that hard edge and defensive machine they are missing.

BLM01

First Grade
If that is indeed the case , then I know which of the 3 clubs I would chose - and it would not be the Tigers or most unfortunately the Dragons .

Family is everything in this day and age .
Or so the planned media departure statement says. Has not worried him for some time then. How long Has he been living and playing in New South Wales now? :grin:
Sometimes it’s the 3rd party deals outside of reported salary that gets them over the line

Last edited:

possm

Coach
I'd say there is more to this story than currently reported. It seems to me that Griffin and McInnes have clashed mainly because Griffin wants to change McInnes's style of game. McInnes will leave and Griffin will have his new hooker in place by round 1.

It is just a real shame that we let Robson go to the Cowboys; very short sighted decision in my opinion.

Last edited:

Latest posts