What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

I'm not disputing the horrors of the drug trade. Or that Naden did the wrong thing. Just the whole "he could have died" thing. I just said @Jane Murray was being a tad over the top in that regard. I don't disagree with her stance on the incident overall.

Yeah I understand that, that’s fine.

I think Jane was summoning the health thing,

I’m not as worried about what he does to his personal health but the flow on hurt, pain etc to others.

Different books, but we all land on the same page I guess.

betcats

Referee
Hahaa so true.

The panthers hold all the cards with Laurie and have no obligation to release him. I have no issue with them demanding whatever they want from any potential deal.

I will however say that I think a lot of you are under rating Momirovski fairly severely. He is a very decent first grader who has been 18th man for 2 of the last 3 GF winners. At the back end of 19 he was scoring tries at will for us. 14 from 19 games is a great strike rate, and when you watch them none are just falling over the line.

Mainly a center but is more then capable at wing and has filled in at both fullback and 5/8. He is rock solid in defence and a handy backup goal kicker.

BJ, Jet and Talau on their day are better then him but for me he is absolutely starting in our 2-5 from round 1. There’s no way the first 2 brain surgeons get through 6 weeks without getting suspended/injured/stood down let alone a season. Letting him leave would be a very poor decision by the club IMO

None of you will agree with this but honestly if this swap comes off, I have little doubt he’ll be your right center by round 4

I think our right centre spot is pretty open Naden played there the most last year and did ok but he’s got some issues and even before that came out the coach didn’t have faith in him for the gf. Outside of him it seems like the front runner could be Burton who will be gone in 2022. I don’t think any of us would be disappointed if momirovski were to come here and make that spot his own.

I think our right centre spot is pretty open Naden played there the most last year and did ok but he’s got some issues and even before that came out the coach didn’t have faith in him for the gf. Outside of him it seems like the front runner could be Burton who will be gone in 2022. I don’t think any of us would be disappointed if momirovski were to come here and make that spot his own.
If Penrith want Momirovski why not just sign him now for 2022! He’s free to sign for next year and that would guarantee a swap would happen.

Jane Murray

Bench
I'm well aware what Coke does. I agree it can be dangerous, but the amount of users to the amount falling off the perch is vastly different. I don't condone what he did, but the hand wringing is just a bit over the top.
I know of two addicts, one to cocaine, and the other ICE. If you have watched what that shit does, and the effects that it has on not only the user(s), but, their loved ones, then you'll understand my outrage.

BxTom

Bench
Meldodramatic? Are you aware what Cocaine does to a users body, especially those who are involved in high level sports?
Cocaine’s effects appear almost immediately after a single dose and disappear within a few minutes to an hour. Small amounts of cocaine usually make the user feel euphoric, energetic, talkative, mentally alert, and hypersensitive to sight, sound, and touch. The drug can also temporarily decrease the need for food and sleep.14 Some users find that cocaine helps them perform simple physical and intellectual tasks more quickly, although others experience the opposite effect.

The duration of cocaine’s euphoric effects depend upon the route of administration. The faster the drug is absorbed, the more intense the resulting high, but also the shorter its duration. Snorting cocaine produces a relatively slow onset of the high, but it may last from 15 to 30 minutes. In contrast, the high from smoking is more immediate but may last only 5 to 10 minutes.15

Short-term physiological effects of cocaine use include constricted blood vessels; dilated pupils; and increased body temperature, heart rate, and blood pressure.16 Large amounts of cocaine may intensify the user’s high but can also lead to bizarre, erratic, and violent behavior. Some cocaine users report feelings of restlessness, irritability, anxiety, panic, and paranoia.2 Users may also experience tremors, vertigo, and muscle twitches.2

Severe medical complications can occur with cocaine use. Some of the most frequent are cardiovascular effects, including disturbances in heart rhythm and heart attacks; neurological effects, including headaches, seizures, strokes, and coma; and gastrointestinal complications, including abdominal pain and nausea.7 In rare instances, sudden death can occur on the first use of cocaine or unexpectedly thereafter. Cocaine-related deaths are often a result of cardiac arrest or seizures2 (see "National Overdose Deaths: Number of Deaths from Cocaine"). Many cocaine users also use alcohol, and this combination can be particularly dangerous. The two substances react to produce cocaethylene, which may potentiate the toxic effects of cocaine and alcohol on the heart.17 The combination of cocaine and heroin is also very dangerous. Users combine these drugs because the stimulating effects of cocaine are offset by the sedating effects of heroin; however, this can lead to taking a high dose of heroin without initially realizing it. Because cocaine's effects wear off sooner, this can lead to a heroin overdose, in which the user's respiration dangerously slows down or stops, possibly fatally.

May 2016

From https://www.drugabuse.gov/publicati...caine/what-are-short-term-effects-cocaine-use

MugaB

Coach
If Penrith want Momirovski why not just sign him now for 2022! He’s free to sign for next year and that would guarantee a swap would happen.
Sorry i still dont see it, momirovski wont improve our squad, plod plod plod plod, why waste time and effort on a tigers reject, they didn't even want him last year, punted him for grant, laurie is a far better option for us, if edwards or a winger goes down, laurie will be t he better option over a wests plodder who hasn't had a pre season with the team yet, besides he has to mow the lawns at campbelltown, another disgruntled magpie looking over the fence trying to lock up a 1st grade spot, i prefer the guys who wait coming through the ranks, not these fkn mercs looking to jump ship

panthersam

Juniors
Sorry i still dont see it, momirovski wont improve our squad, plod plod plod plod, why waste time and effort on a tigers reject, they didn't even want him last year, punted him for grant, laurie is a far better option for us, if edwards or a winger goes down, laurie will be t he better option over a wests plodder who hasn't had a pre season with the team yet, besides he has to mow the lawns at campbelltown, another disgruntled magpie looking over the fence trying to lock up a 1st grade spot, i prefer the guys who wait coming through the ranks, not these fkn mercs looking to jump ship

Have you actually watched him play at all?

soc123_au

Staff member
I know of two addicts, one to cocaine, and the other ICE. If you have watched what that shit does, and the effects that it has on not only the user(s), but, their loved ones, then you'll understand my outrage.
I don't have issue with your stance on drugs. I'm not disputing the drug debate, that's a whole different rabbit hole. All I was disputing was the statement that his taking drugs at some time on GF day could have killed him. It's possible it could have, but not any more likely than a car accident or being struck by lightning. I just thought your claim was a bit hyperbolic.

Jane Murray

Bench
I don't have issue with your stance on drugs. I'm not disputing the drug debate, that's a whole different rabbit hole. All I was disputing was the statement that his taking drugs at some time on GF day could have killed him. It's possible it could have, but not any more likely than a car accident or being struck by lightning. I just thought your claim was a bit hyperbolic.
Really? It seems like you just do not get it.

MugaB

Coach
Have you actually watched him play at all?
Yep, no different to the other half dozen 18th man from every club, i see jaemon salmon a way better fit at our club than momirovski, it seems like every season the tigers are having players whinge out of their contracts, musta have learnt it from ivan...
Tehe

Matterson, Aloiai and now Momo, there's some mercs looking at other clubs interested in a spot rather than play thier role first. Trouble is if your not consistently getting picked in the 17, you keep jumping from club to club when it doesn't go your way, im not wanting mercs unless we are head hunting them for a specific purpose, and we're well stocked in the centre/backs department, we need an experienced bench prop

Jane Murray

Bench
I don't know he seems to have addressed it pretty well.
As I have said before, and I will say it again, I know two people who are addicted to drugs, the resulting damage is unreal. If Naden died, the club could have been held liable for his death. As for your smart arsed comments about being banned, that is a poor comparison.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Sorry i still dont see it, momirovski wont improve our squad, plod plod plod plod, why waste time and effort on a tigers reject, they didn't even want him last year,

Well you’ve signed Eisenhuth, who is a ‘tigers reject’ and from what I can see most are happy to have him in their 17 for this year.

Trent Robinson played him in a Prelim final, Bellamy had him in the starting side of the eventual Premiers before he had a longterm injury and Lee got the jump on him.

Who’s your right center for round 1? The guy who got on the nose beers 16 hours before the biggest game of his life or one of the guys who plays 5/8? Interesting. Who was they last team who won a comp with a bloke playing out of position?

soc123_au

Staff member
Really? It seems like you just do not get it.
I get it. I get why you dont like drugs & support your view on that given your personal circumstances. Your personal circumstances don't change the fact that as dumb as Naden was taking Coke on GF day, the risk of him dying from that line of Coke on that day was f**k all & none.

The article you posted doesn't even support that view. It's more about the risks of long term abuse & or mixing Coke with other substances.

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, your posts of late have been good & I've agreed with & liked quite a lot of them. In this case your statement is clouded by your point of view, not facts.

WestyLife

First Grade
As I have said before, and I will say it again, I know two people who are addicted to drugs, the resulting damage is unreal. If Naden died, the club could have been held liable for his death. As for your smart arsed comments about being banned, that is a poor comparison.

I was making a Joke.

How would the club be held liable? They wouldn't have encouraged him.

Jane Murray

Bench
I was making a Joke.

How would the club be held liable? They wouldn't have encouraged him.
It could be alleged they knew before hand.

If coke killed athletes half the NRL would die weekly
Coke raises a person heart beat to a dangerous level for people who are users. Add to that the heart work overload that competitive sport does, will make it worse. It is not rocket science.