What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Jane Murray

Bench
A tad melodramatic. He could have also been killed in a car accident on the way to the stadium.
Meldodramatic? Are you aware what Cocaine does to a users body, especially those who are involved in high level sports?
Cocaine’s effects appear almost immediately after a single dose and disappear within a few minutes to an hour. Small amounts of cocaine usually make the user feel euphoric, energetic, talkative, mentally alert, and hypersensitive to sight, sound, and touch. The drug can also temporarily decrease the need for food and sleep.14 Some users find that cocaine helps them perform simple physical and intellectual tasks more quickly, although others experience the opposite effect.

The duration of cocaine’s euphoric effects depend upon the route of administration. The faster the drug is absorbed, the more intense the resulting high, but also the shorter its duration. Snorting cocaine produces a relatively slow onset of the high, but it may last from 15 to 30 minutes. In contrast, the high from smoking is more immediate but may last only 5 to 10 minutes.15

Short-term physiological effects of cocaine use include constricted blood vessels; dilated pupils; and increased body temperature, heart rate, and blood pressure.16 Large amounts of cocaine may intensify the user’s high but can also lead to bizarre, erratic, and violent behavior. Some cocaine users report feelings of restlessness, irritability, anxiety, panic, and paranoia.2 Users may also experience tremors, vertigo, and muscle twitches.2

Severe medical complications can occur with cocaine use. Some of the most frequent are cardiovascular effects, including disturbances in heart rhythm and heart attacks; neurological effects, including headaches, seizures, strokes, and coma; and gastrointestinal complications, including abdominal pain and nausea.7 In rare instances, sudden death can occur on the first use of cocaine or unexpectedly thereafter. Cocaine-related deaths are often a result of cardiac arrest or seizures2 (see "National Overdose Deaths: Number of Deaths from Cocaine"). Many cocaine users also use alcohol, and this combination can be particularly dangerous. The two substances react to produce cocaethylene, which may potentiate the toxic effects of cocaine and alcohol on the heart.17 The combination of cocaine and heroin is also very dangerous. Users combine these drugs because the stimulating effects of cocaine are offset by the sedating effects of heroin; however, this can lead to taking a high dose of heroin without initially realizing it. Because cocaine's effects wear off sooner, this can lead to a heroin overdose, in which the user's respiration dangerously slows down or stops, possibly fatally.

May 2016

Vic Mackey

Referee
Although both sides are seeking a fair deal. Both sides have been guilty of trying to get one over the other. So they can brag to their fans they got the better end of the deal.

Hahaa so true.

The panthers hold all the cards with Laurie and have no obligation to release him. I have no issue with them demanding whatever they want from any potential deal.

I will however say that I think a lot of you are under rating Momirovski fairly severely. He is a very decent first grader who has been 18th man for 2 of the last 3 GF winners. At the back end of 19 he was scoring tries at will for us. 14 from 19 games is a great strike rate, and when you watch them none are just falling over the line.

Mainly a center but is more then capable at wing and has filled in at both fullback and 5/8. He is rock solid in defence and a handy backup goal kicker.

BJ, Jet and Talau on their day are better then him but for me he is absolutely starting in our 2-5 from round 1. There’s no way the first 2 brain surgeons get through 6 weeks without getting suspended/injured/stood down let alone a season. Letting him leave would be a very poor decision by the club IMO

None of you will agree with this but honestly if this swap comes off, I have little doubt he’ll be your right center by round 4

soc123_au

Staff member
Meldodramatic? Are you aware what Cocaine does to a users body, especially those who are involved in high level sports?
Cocaine’s effects appear almost immediately after a single dose and disappear within a few minutes to an hour. Small amounts of cocaine usually make the user feel euphoric, energetic, talkative, mentally alert, and hypersensitive to sight, sound, and touch. The drug can also temporarily decrease the need for food and sleep.14 Some users find that cocaine helps them perform simple physical and intellectual tasks more quickly, although others experience the opposite effect.

The duration of cocaine’s euphoric effects depend upon the route of administration. The faster the drug is absorbed, the more intense the resulting high, but also the shorter its duration. Snorting cocaine produces a relatively slow onset of the high, but it may last from 15 to 30 minutes. In contrast, the high from smoking is more immediate but may last only 5 to 10 minutes.15

Short-term physiological effects of cocaine use include constricted blood vessels; dilated pupils; and increased body temperature, heart rate, and blood pressure.16 Large amounts of cocaine may intensify the user’s high but can also lead to bizarre, erratic, and violent behavior. Some cocaine users report feelings of restlessness, irritability, anxiety, panic, and paranoia.2 Users may also experience tremors, vertigo, and muscle twitches.2

Severe medical complications can occur with cocaine use. Some of the most frequent are cardiovascular effects, including disturbances in heart rhythm and heart attacks; neurological effects, including headaches, seizures, strokes, and coma; and gastrointestinal complications, including abdominal pain and nausea.7 In rare instances, sudden death can occur on the first use of cocaine or unexpectedly thereafter. Cocaine-related deaths are often a result of cardiac arrest or seizures2 (see "National Overdose Deaths: Number of Deaths from Cocaine"). Many cocaine users also use alcohol, and this combination can be particularly dangerous. The two substances react to produce cocaethylene, which may potentiate the toxic effects of cocaine and alcohol on the heart.17 The combination of cocaine and heroin is also very dangerous. Users combine these drugs because the stimulating effects of cocaine are offset by the sedating effects of heroin; however, this can lead to taking a high dose of heroin without initially realizing it. Because cocaine's effects wear off sooner, this can lead to a heroin overdose, in which the user's respiration dangerously slows down or stops, possibly fatally.

May 2016
I'm well aware what Coke does. I agree it can be dangerous, but the amount of users to the amount falling off the perch is vastly different. I don't condone what he did, but the hand wringing is just a bit over the top.

franklin2323

Immortal
Hahaa so true.

The panthers hold all the cards with Laurie and have no obligation to release him. I have no issue with them demanding whatever they want from any potential deal.

I will however say that I think a lot of you are under rating Momirovski fairly severely. He is a very decent first grader who has been 18th man for 2 of the last 3 GF winners. At the back end of 19 he was scoring tries at will for us. 14 from 19 games is a great strike rate, and when you watch them none are just falling over the line.

Mainly a center but is more then capable at wing and has filled in at both fullback and 5/8. He is rock solid in defence and a handy backup goal kicker.

BJ, Jet and Talau on their day are better then him but for me he is absolutely starting in our 2-5 from round 1. There’s no way the first 2 brain surgeons get through 6 weeks without getting suspended/injured/stood down let alone a season. Letting him leave would be a very poor decision by the club IMO

None of you will agree with this but honestly if this swap comes off, I have little doubt he’ll be your right center by round 4

It isn't about under rating him. If he wants out then he won't re-sign. He likely doesn't play in the top 17 so better off releasing him. Either get nothing for him or swap him for someone that the investment has been made on.

I don't see him into the top grade so soon. He will be behind too many but Burton has gone. Naden has an uncertain future so it makes sense he would want to come here

WestyLife

First Grade
Hahaa so true.

I'm hoping we get him because I rate him.

I’m on the @Jane Murray train with Naden.

It’s a dangerous drug, especially for an athlete and he showed enormous disrespect for the club, family and friends getting his sick buzz on.

About 300,000 plus Mexicans have been killed for drugs. They have been raped, maimed, boiled alive, cut up whilst alive and beheaded. That’s just the lame stuff.

The illegal drug culture is poison. Bad people with bad intent.

He’s a brain dead tool for indulging.

If Jane and I are on the same page, that never happens...so I hope people understand the concern.

soc123_au

Staff member
I’m on the @Jane Murray train.

It’s a dangerous drug, especially for an athlete and he showed enormous disrespect for the club, family and friends getting his sick buzz on.

About 300,000 plus Mexicans have been killed for drugs. They have been raped, maimed, boiled alive, cut up whilst alive and beheaded. That’s just the lame stuff.

The illegal drug culture is poison. Bad people with bad intent.

He’s a brain dead tool for indulging.

Out of the 300 000 dead how many died from snorting a line & then having a run around?

Smug Panther

First Grade
He is ok.
A partyboy who sometimes makes the wrong decisions in life. But most of the time he is a decent fella. Easy to talk to.
He needs a big year and needs to knuckle down.
As bad a decision Naden made to do coke during the season Ivan f**ked up 10x playing May at centre. A truly awful bit of coaching and total panic move. f**king hope Ivan learned from that

Whino

Bench
Hahaa so true.

I rate Momirovski and if a swap happen it wouldn't bother me.
I think he would add something to our squad.

soc123_au

Staff member
It’s the world socky, it a horror. It’s not an industry worth supporting, besides the terrible disrespect for the club.
I'm not disputing the horrors of the drug trade. Or that Naden did the wrong thing. Just the whole "he could have died" thing. I just said @Jane Murray was being a tad over the top in that regard. I don't disagree with her stance on the incident overall.

As bad a decision Naden made to do coke during the season Ivan f**ked up 10x playing May at centre. A truly awful bit of coaching and total panic move. f**king hope Ivan learned from that

He didn’t sound too remorseful afterwards, but I suppose he can’t admit fault. Blaming something else is easier. Human nature Smugster.

It was a critical error. He had a good season too.

Last edited:

Latest posts